Detective Conan World
01jtiong

Ran's clothes

has anyone notice the style of clothes she wears apart from her school uniform she wears either clothes that suit her other times her dress sense doesn't suit her

who design her clothes anyway, I like of most what she wears and I think girls should see what she wears to get ideas but in general her dress sense is either good or bad

has anyone notice the style of clothes she wears apart from her school uniform she wears either clothes that suit her other times her dress sense doesn't suit her

who design her clothes anyway, I like of most what she wears and I think girls should see what she wears to get ideas but in general her dress sense is either good or bad

Ran dresses really maturely because she is mature. She acts as a mother to Conan and a housewife for her father. She does everything a woman should do and still have to care about her grades and karate. She takes care of everyone and she isn't very rich.

most of these show Ran in pretty cute outfits (she should never wear sweater shirts tho...)

but as a kid i always thought Ran dressed kinda...slutty at times

Since this has come up a few times, I'm super curious as to how Ran is dressing slutty or provocative? Short skirts are still pretty in fashion for teenage girls. She rarely shows any cleavage. Satou shows as much leg as Ran does.

• Upvote 1

Since this has come up a few times, I'm super curious as to how Ran is dressing slutty or provocative? Short skirts are still pretty in fashion for teenage girls. She rarely shows any cleavage. Satou shows as much leg as Ran does.

I agree, in anime there is a clear line drawn between slutty and normal clothes. And in anime especially there was a progression in terms of what is considered the norm for girl's clothes. You can even see the progression of the norm in Detective Conan. At the beginning of the series Ran's clothes had generally longer skirts, as time progressed and the 90s fashion became more prevalent skirts got shorter. Honestly the former is actually the norm in Japan for school uniforms. The fact that even those are short in later chapters, shows that it isn't a result of being slutty, but a response to the popular style in anime and manga. And naturally moderately short skirts are seen as cute, and that has been the view for a while. So long as nothing is being shown, it isn't seen as slutty.

No one in DC dresses slutty. Sonoko at her worst dresses moderately provocatively.

I hate using the term slutty, as it's used to try and regulate a woman's sex life and degrade her as such (and most women are called slutty for reasons that have zilch to do with sex), but Jodie does have a very questionable fashion sense sometimes by wearing these plunging necklines (yes I know this is a bathrobe but I couldn't find the other shirt):

4900371815_222a1e4a2d.jpg

I hate using the term slutty, as it's used to try and regulate a woman's sex life and degrade her as such (and most women are called slutty for reasons that have zilch to do with sex), but Jodie does have a very questionable fashion sense sometimes by wearing these plunging necklines (yes I know this is a bathrobe but I couldn't find the other shirt):

4900371815_222a1e4a2d.jpg

I think Jodie is because she is American. I know that seems weird, but there are always differences between American characters in manga compared to Japanese characters. American fashion is definitely more sexual than Japanese, at least from what I have seen. I could be totally off base though.

I think Jodie is because she is American. I know that seems weird, but there are always differences between American characters in manga compared to Japanese characters. American fashion is definitely more sexual than Japanese, at least from what I have seen. I could be totally off base though.

That and it is easier to get away with drawing more revealing clothes on foreigners because they are foreigners. Americans especially get the skimpy clothing rap in part because of Hollywood exporting.

The stereotypes go both ways. In the 50s and 60s the beautiful Asian temptress in skimpy clothing was a pretty common depiction in American film. It is also a pretty common depiction in that era's mystery novels featuring Asian characters.

im not saying Ran is a slutty person, just sometimes I'm surprised when she wears more revealing or loose outfits. she just seems so chill and kinda, how do i put this, more confident that its just surprises me at times

im not saying Ran is a slutty person, just sometimes I'm surprised when she wears more revealing or loose outfits. she just seems so chill and kinda, how do i put this, more confident that its just surprises me at times

She isn't wearing anything revealing by American or Japanese standards, that is she dresses how most girls her age do.
  • Upvote 1

Ran dresses like an old lady mixed with a

how do i put this.......

tramp?

Yes.... very much so.

A very FRISKY old lady she must be! xD LOL

Ran dresses like an old lady mixed with a

how do i put this.......

tramp?

Yes.... very much so.

A very FRISKY old lady she must be! xD LOL

:rolleyes: Comments like this make me wish there was a downvote option....

• Upvote 1

The more you dislike a person, the more flaws you try to seek out... Calling her a "tramp" or a "frisky old lady" is a perfect example for that. Anyone can say "Ran is a stupid b*tch!" or "She's a fat cow!" just for the heck of it, but considering that those names come from your own hatred and do not apply to the person by any means, why say it at all? If anything, it reveals YOUR flaws more than the person whom you're verbally attacking.

That being said, I think Ran dresses perfectly fine. Even if someone were to think otherwise, her intentions would not be "to attract several boys".

• Upvote 2