Black Demon

File 804-808 (Kidnapped Takagi)

Kidnapped Takagi Case  

22 members have voted

1. 1. The culprit's death ?

• Murder
    • Suicide
    • Sato's hit was too powerful (/joke)
  2. 2. The purpose of the "BO foreshadowings" ?

• There is absolutely no purpose (vs. all the options below)
    • Trolling purpose
    • Foreshadowing purpose: there will be a plot-related event in this case
    • Foreshadowing purpose: there will be a plot-related event in a future case
    • They're hints that someone appearing in this case is a BO member
    • They're hints that someone appearing in this case is the BO Boss
    • They're hints that someone appearing in a future case is a BO member
    • They're hints that someone appearing in a future case is the BO Boss
    • Red-herrings
    • Other purpose (please state)

With all the snow in Hokkaido I think Takagi would have died of exposure on the first night. Also a vaguely remember something about Hokkaido crows being much bigger than mainland crows or something like. I don't really remember.

If Takagi is at the police station on the rooftop beacon tower thing, it explains why he keeps the bomb up with him. He doesn't want to have it blow up and hit officers. I guess then I would need to consider what buildings are nearby the Metro station to determine if that's the place. One thing to consider is the lights from the helicopter landing area. Gonna wait for translation though.

Actually, in page 11, it is shown that Takagi really is at the snowy scene (but it's never stated whether that place is Hokkaido or not). The second panel (reading order) shows that he can hear those people from below, so he must be nearby. Wherever he is, I can at least say that he's not in Tokyo, as it's not snowing there.

Anyway, I don't know about the crow thing, but I can briefly translate Conan's deduction of why he thought that Takagi's in Hokkaido:

Page 12: He stated that the crow is a Jackdaw. Jackdaws mostly live in Europe, but there has been 2 times that some migrated to Japan. Both times were in Hokkaido.

Page 13: He explained that the "light tower" is the Light Pillar phenomenon, happens when the Sun goes down and up, caused by reflection of sunlight through ice crystals in the atmosphere. In Japan, only in Hokkaido can see this.

So after that, the police have searched all of the construction sites with 4+ floors in Hokkaido, but couldn't find him. (This may indicate that Takagi's still in Hokkaido, but not at any construction site). Conan also wonders why hasn't anyone picked up his dropped police notebook (not sure if this part is correct). He then figures out something while looking at his reflection, and asks Mitsuhiko to show him a footage/image of Takagi that he has taken. (I have no idea when he did that though).

• Upvote 2

I'll do the flashback:

Takagi: Actually officer Date-san is one of the best!

Takagi: Within a second you take down a big burly suspect in handcuffs...

Takagi: I heard once when you're in Police Academy you rank in first place?

Date-san: That's impossible, I was in second place, with given brains and fit body, I still haven't defeat that guy once...

Takagi: That guy?

Date-san: He's same as you, as weakling, now don't know where he is and doing... He's totally over the top of confidence, or it could be reason he was fooling around and likely end up in the grave I don't know of.

Date-san: You also be careful! Police also have one life of their lifetime... you cannot afford to learn wrong like he does go overboard!

• Upvote 2

Anyway, it's also revealed that the culprit also has a friend (name unknown), whom he once asked to meet up with Takagi for him (because of health issues), but for some reasons couldn't do it.

Date-san: He's same as you, as weakling, now don't know where he is and doing... He's totally over the top of confidence, or it could be reason he may fooling around and likely end up in the grave I don't know of.
Amuro? o_0

heres is a referance to light pillars in the chapter

A light pillar is a visual phenomenon created by the reflection of light from ice crystals with near horizontal parallel planar surfaces. The light can come from the Sun (usually at or low to the horizon) in which case the phenomenon is called a sun pillar or solar pillar.

(this is a picture i found of a light pillar in hokkaido)

5356187450_b0ef231212_z.jpg

Takagi: Actually officer Date-san is one of the best!

Takagi: Within a second you take down a big burly suspect in handcuffs...

Takagi: I heard once when you're in Police Academy you rank in first place?

Date-san: That's impossible, I was in second place, with given brains and fit body, I still haven't defeat that guy once...

Takagi: That guy?

Date-san: He's same as you, as weakling, now don't know where he is and doing... He's totally over the top of confidence, or it could be reason he was fooling around and likely end up in the grave I don't know of.

Date-san: You also be careful! Police also have one life of their lifetime... you cannot afford to learn wrong like he does go overboard!

Amuro? o_0

That would be interesting, but Megure didn't seem to recognize Amuro... I'll have to think about this one.

That would be interesting, but Megure didn't seem to recognize Amuro... I'll have to think about this one.
Well.

In 804

Amuro - Well you цould say i had some other purpose for coming here.Please don't take that to heart. Because that purpose has already disapeared.

Hm.Well, difficult to say. Didn't about his death and whant to meet Or he want his notebook. Or just a coincedence.

Well thay talk about police Academy so he can never meet Meguro.

Posted this over at the DCTP CBox... with some changes. :3

About Megure not recognizing him (Amuro), I'm thinking that it could be that the two have never actually met before. There are two possible ways: (1) Amuro was probably denied by the academy because he did something during the training and the academy didn't approve of it. Or, maybe he had just simply quit because he didn't like the way the academy does things, or found them unfair to him. (2) Amuro passed the training but was assigned to a different police station. (But I don't know how the academy system works in Japan.)

Well, since it seems that Date had talked only about his police academy days while describing "the guy who had gone overboard," I think the first one's more probable than the other.

Oh wow...

Poor Takagi! D:

Well, we were right about the sheet hiding something... Wasn't that a bomb?

ON A COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE: I LOVE CONAN'S JACKET.

-Chek's note: It reminded me of Edgeworth's jacket...

I personally think that the guy to whom Date's referring is not Amuro nor that this detail has anything to do with the plot whatsoever... Although I have to admit that it would be interesting if that was the case.

Anyway does anyone notice anything special in those video scene of Takagi ? Since Conan asked Mitsuhiko to show him some footage/image, there might be some clue there :ugeek:

@Chelsea: Yeah, it's a bomb, the culprit also mentioned it in 806. :D

I personally think that the guy to whom Date's referring is not Amuro nor that this detail has anything to do with the plot whatsoever... Although I have to admit that it would be interesting if that was the case.

Anyway does anyone notice anything special in those video scene of Takagi ? Since Conan asked Mitsuhiko to show him some footage/image, there might be some clue there :ugeek:

@Chelsea: Yeah, it's a bomb, the culprit also mentioned it in 806. :D

Yes. And yes. :)

Hmm... three things come to mind: footage of Takagi dropping his badge, of Takagi removing the blanket off the plank, and of the light pillar. But did Mitsuhiko recorded some of the footage with his phone?

But did Mitsuhiko recorded some of the footage with his phone?

Yeah, too bad we don't know exactly what did he record (not that Gosho is gonna show that to us anyway). Therefore I think that there must have been some very important clue in the iPad video that we've missed, which is probably related to reflections or Optics Physics in general.

Yeah, too bad we don't know exactly what did he record (not that Gosho is gonna show that to us anyway). Therefore I think that there must have been some very important clue in the iPad video that we've missed, which is probably related to reflections or Optics Physics in general.

Thought so too. At first, I thought Takagi was enclosed in some glass structure but then remembered the crow and the open night sky. So nooooo. xD

I believe that the guy Date is referring to is... *drumroll* Kogoro!

People have said that as well, but I don't think so considering the age difference between Date (about a year older than Satou and Takagi, who are probably in their 20s) and Kogoro (who is 38-39 years old). I don't think Date and Kogoro would be in the same class in the police academy. But who knows? :D

People have said that as well, but I don't think so considering the age difference between Date (about a year older than Satou and Takagi, who are probably in their 20s) and Kogoro (who is 38-39 years old). I don't think Date and Kogoro would be in the same class in the police academy. But who knows? :D

I didn't see anywhere that stated Date's age, and I think he looks like he would be more like Kogoro's age. Also I think it's weird if someone only a year older would be in charge of Takagi's training.