Detective Conan World
vawli

How Do You Know When a Guy likes You???

Lol cure-kun is a veteran on this lol.

Anyways, it's easy to tell when guys like a girl. Mostly discussed here are true but it's different for individuals, a shy person like cure-kun and I would actually avoid her for Some reason.... But the thing about looking at the girl is true. Sometimes the guy doesn even know why he likes the girl ( like me, I rly don't know why i like this girl I know) . Hmm what else... But there's one major point that would give you highest chance that a guy likes you. It's when the guys start giving you something, small or big. When the guys gives you flowers, definitely.

... Valentines is coming up...

... a shy person like cure-kun and I would actually avoid her for some reason....

I know a lot of guy friends who do this. There's also the fact they might not think they are worth of her, and get dejected and just give up before they even know how their crush feels. This is why I am all about talking to them. One of the things that hits my heartstrings the most is lost chances over really trivial things (like nerves).

It's always so hard to tell about the person you like, because your judgment is clouded so badly. I'm so glad this has been covered in Detective Conan. XD

Anyways, it's easy to tell when guys like a girl. Mostly discussed here are true but it's different for individuals, a shy person like cure-kun and I would actually avoid her for Some reason.... But the thing about looking at the girl is true. Sometimes the guy doesn't even know why he likes the girl ( like me, I rly don't know why I like this girl I know) . Hmm what else... But there's one major point that would give you highest chance that a guy likes you. It's when the guys start giving you something, small or big. When the guys gives you flowers, definitely.

I'm shy person too.

So? What does that have to do with letting him know you like him or even just asking him for that matter? :)

Well if he likes me I don't know what to do? If he doesn't like me my sorta friendship will be weird.

Should I answer...??? Nevermind, I should. Let me share what most guys do to show that they like a girl.

Firstly, they smile at the girl they like everytime they see her.

Secondly, they will try and talk to her even if they have nothing to talk about. :P

Thirdly, they get red in the face when their girl is close to another guy. If they're not the kind to show that they are jealous, they will either walk away or come up to the guy and butt into the conversation.

Fourth, they try their best to garner attention from their girl.

Fifth, they always look at her even when she's not doing anything really special. If they are in the same class or room, he'll just stare at her in a daze.

I think that's all to be exact. :D Hope this helps.

Yah it seems all true but the problem is that I don't know if he is looking at me. Oh and thanks for the advice.

Almost all are true :P

Yah then which one is not true?

Anyways, it's easy to tell when guys like a girl. Mostly discussed here are true but it's different for individuals, a shy person like cure-kun and I would actually avoid her for Some reason.... But the thing about looking at the girl is true. Sometimes the guy doesn even know why he likes the girl ( like me, I rly don't know why i like this girl I know) . Hmm what else... But there's one major point that would give you highest chance that a guy likes you. It's when the guys start giving you something, small or big. When the guys gives you flowers, definitely.

So that is the weirdest part. There are probably other girls her likes.

I know a lot of guy friends who do this. There's also the fact they might not think they are worth of her, and get dejected and just give up before they even know how their crush feels. This is why I am all about talking to them. One of the things that hits my heartstrings the most is lost chances over really trivial things (like nerves).

It's always so hard to tell about the person you like, because your judgment is clouded so badly. I'm so glad this has been covered in Detective Conan. XD

I think so too, a clouded judgemnet is bad.

I'm shy person too.

Really? It doesn't seem like it.

Well if he likes me I don't know what to do? If he doesn't like me my sorta friendship will be weird.

It will only be weird if you let it be weird. A couple of hours ago I was talking to my guy friend (he's 28 years old btw) about this exact stuff, because he is super nervous about flirting with this one friend of his, (he's known her for years), and he's not usually nervous about girls. I advised him to say something along the lines of: "Hey, I just felt like saying that I'm a bit sweet on you, and I don't want to make anything awkward by hitting on you, so if you're interested we can go on a date. If not, it's cool." There's also the variant of "we have a lot in common and get along well, and you're cute, so we could go on a date?"

I'm not trying to pressure you or anyone else into anything, but sometimes the most direct approach is best, and I just want to make clear that it won't immediately kill the friendship. Since you haven't known him too long, it could honestly go either way. If you did ask him out and he said no, just don't let it get weird. Continue as normal. I think someone else had mentioned that it could cause of spark of interest he didn't have/know he had!

I want to throw in that I started dating one of my friends about... 7 years ago, and it only lasted a year. Bad crap happened that was wholly his fault, but after a while we became good friends again. It helps he apologized, and I think the entire thing really improved his life and how he treats others. He just got engaged on Christmas. :D I think they were friends first, too. XD

Actually, I just thought of a really coy way you could go about it, but it takes a lot of gumption and guts to pull it off. You could tell him you have this thing for a guy you know, but you're super nervous and don't know how to go about finding out if he's interested back. After that, you play it by ear. If he tells you to ask the guy out, you just turn around and ask him out. lol There is the chance he could figure it out halfway and then ask you out, or a million other ways to go about it.

There's also always the option of getting someone you mutually know to ask him if he likes someone! I know I've done that before. :lol:

ETA: There's always flirting on a messanger, if you guys ever chat like that. It's so much easier and if they don't reciprocate, it's easy to write off as just silly banter or something.

It will only be weird if you let it be weird. A couple of hours ago I was talking to my guy friend (he's 28 years old btw) about this exact stuff, because he is super nervous about flirting with this one friend of his, (he's known her for years), and he's not usually nervous about girls. I advised him to say something along the lines of: "Hey, I just felt like saying that I'm a bit sweet on you, and I don't want to make anything awkward by hitting on you, so if you're interested we can go on a date. If not, it's cool." There's also the variant of "we have a lot in common and get along well, and you're cute, so we could go on a date?"

I'm not trying to pressure you or anyone else into anything, but sometimes the most direct approach is best, and I just want to make clear that it won't immediately kill the friendship. Since you haven't known him too long, it could honestly go either way. If you did ask him out and he said no, just don't let it get weird. Continue as normal. I think someone else had mentioned that it could cause of spark of interest he didn't have/know he had!

I want to throw in that I started dating one of my friends about... 7 years ago, and it only lasted a year. Bad crap happened that was wholly his fault, but after a while we became good friends again. It helps he apologized, and I think the entire thing really improved his life and how he treats others. He just got engaged on Christmas. :D I think they were friends first, too. XD

Actually, I just thought of a really coy way you could go about it, but it takes a lot of gumption and guts to pull it off. You could tell him you have this thing for a guy you know, but you're super nervous and don't know how to go about finding out if he's interested back. After that, you play it by ear. If he tells you to ask the guy out, you just turn around and ask him out. lol There is the chance he could figure it out halfway and then ask you out, or a million other ways to go about it.

There's also always the option of getting someone you mutually know to ask him if he likes someone! I know I've done that before. :lol:

ETA: There's always flirting on a messanger, if you guys ever chat like that. It's so much easier and if they don't reciprocate, it's easy to write off as just silly banter or something.

That is so weird, my old friend from my old school did that to me he was taking about a girl he likes and that he doesn't know what to say to her. I tell him to go for it and he turns around and asks me out. I thought it was sweet but I think of him a just a guy friend. I know I can ask a guys friend but I don't have that many guy friends.

One more thing if actually does like me then what do I do? I can't date him til I'm 18 so...

That is so weird, my old friend from my old school did that to me he was taking about a girl he likes and that he doesn't know what to say to her. I tell him to go for it and he turns around and asks me out. I thought it was sweet but I think of him a just a guy friend. I know I can ask a guys friend but I don't have that many guy friends.

One more thing if actually does like me then what do I do? I can't date him til I'm 18 so...

@ Vawli

3rd isn't true always

I know it may not be true. Because that usually happens on tv.

Oh and sorry for double posting before, me computer froze.

this. :P

i think you should first just talk to this guy more and maybe he will change the way he acts around you (like growing more fond of you) cuz i think if you hang out with them more, they would start to like you more..? something like that. so ya, sooner or later this guy will like you :) i'm sure of this :wub:

See? It's a tried and true method. :3

Since you're asking all of this and want answers on what to do about dating at all, I can only assume you're considering not listening to your parents? I don't know how old you are, so I'm really trying not to egg you into being a total rebel. B) It depends on what you personally are comfortable with, and anyone you would potentially date. I can tell you when I was a teenager, I did know people in that exact situation who merely went on "dates" in a large group. Go out with friends, tend to hold hands with your date or whatever, maybe see a movie as a group and sit alone, that kind of stuff. If they felt really rebellious, maybe they went off on their own, if everyone was in the same general area (like a shopping center/area or something). More of hanging out and less of zomg serious getting dressed up for a date type business like happens in movies and tv. Most of my dates are like that a fair amount of the time anyway. The last boyfriend I had, we maybe went out to dinner a few times, but mostly just chilled and played video games or went to hang out with other people or whatever. We have mutual friends though, so I don't if that applies? (It only lasted a month and a half or two, anyway)

Since I'm a trouble maker, I would also consider their exact word choice. You could easily finagle or get around what they said based on interpretation and whatnot. Maybe they said no dating, but did they say no boyfriends? So you don't go out on dates with just the two of you, but he's still your boyfriend. Things like that. But I am in no way encouraging you to ignore your parents very strong and thought out wishes, not at all. :mrgreen:

It comes down to what you want to do and what any potential dates wants to do, and how you guys mesh and whatnot. If you were say, sixteen and a half, and both enjoyed one anothers company sooo much and wanted to be exclusive and whatnot, you could just make a commitment and then not really do much aside from talk and whatever (which isn't really that different than any other relationship lol), and then start "dating" for real when you hit 18.

This is starting to put the cart in front of the horse, so to speak, since you don't even know how he feels. XD It's good for future reference, though. You never know what might happen. Some other boy might ask you out tomorrow and snatch you up.

ETA: If you did happen to find someone you wanted to date in a long term fashion, you could speak to your parents about it. That would be something to think on.

But it's best not to leave him hanging if he DOES like you. That way he doesn't feel bad. Even if you can't be in a relationship with him letting him know the feelings were mutual will provide him with a sort of comfort. :)

But it's best not to leave him hanging if he DOES like you. That way he doesn't feel bad. Even if you can't be in a relationship with him letting him know the feelings were mutual will provide him with a sort of comfort. :)

I agree. Some guys want to have the girl like them instead of just confessing. They want it the other way around. It's because They like the girl a lot but too afraid to confess.

i think you should first just talk to this guy more and maybe he will change the way he acts around you (like growing more fond of you) cuz i think if you hang out with them more, they would start to like you more..? something like that. so ya, sooner or later this guy will like you :) i'm sure of this :wub:

I agree I will probably do that.

See? It's a tried and true method. :3

Since you're asking all of this and want answers on what to do about dating at all, I can only assume you're considering not listening to your parents? I don't know how old you are, so I'm really trying not to egg you into being a total rebel. B) It depends on what you personally are comfortable with, and anyone you would potentially date. I can tell you when I was a teenager, I did know people in that exact situation who merely went on "dates" in a large group. Go out with friends, tend to hold hands with your date or whatever, maybe see a movie as a group and sit alone, that kind of stuff. If they felt really rebellious, maybe they went off on their own, if everyone was in the same general area (like a shopping center/area or something). More of hanging out and less of zomg serious getting dressed up for a date type business like happens in movies and tv. Most of my dates are like that a fair amount of the time anyway. The last boyfriend I had, we maybe went out to dinner a few times, but mostly just chilled and played video games or went to hang out with other people or whatever. We have mutual friends though, so I don't if that applies? (It only lasted a month and a half or two, anyway)

Since I'm a trouble maker, I would also consider their exact word choice. You could easily finagle or get around what they said based on interpretation and whatnot. Maybe they said no dating, but did they say no boyfriends? So you don't go out on dates with just the two of you, but he's still your boyfriend. Things like that. But I am in no way encouraging you to ignore your parents very strong and thought out wishes, not at all. :mrgreen:

It comes down to what you want to do and what any potential dates wants to do, and how you guys mesh and whatnot. If you were say, sixteen and a half, and both enjoyed one anothers company sooo much and wanted to be exclusive and whatnot, you could just make a commitment and then not really do much aside from talk and whatever (which isn't really that different than any other relationship lol), and then start "dating" for real when you hit 18.

This is starting to put the cart in front of the horse, so to speak, since you don't even know how he feels. XD It's good for future reference, though. You never know what might happen. Some other boy might ask you out tomorrow and snatch you up.

ETA: If you did happen to find someone you wanted to date in a long term fashion, you could speak to your parents about it. That would be something to think on.

I think I might just hang out with him more to get to know him.

Well I think I will try to get to know him better. Then maybe I will confess.

I agree. Some guys want to have the girl like them instead of just confessing. They want it the other way around. It's because They like the girl a lot but too afraid to confess.

I don't think he is the type of guy who is too shy to confess.

hang out with him

and if u still like him when u have the grade dance thingys ask him 2 dance

and just say its 4 fun

I will try it maybe.

Since the beginning of the school year in September.

Wait as long as you need to- just make sure that he knows you like/liked him eventually. ;) Don't leave the poor guy to hang if you get over him! XD

1. When he first talks to you

2. When he's trying to get close to you

3. When's he's trying to get so much information about you

A boy liked me once but I punched his face. I hate guys who love me when we're teenagers or kids, it's okay if someone loves me when I'm already in university.

But I don't know about these stuff because I'm from a girl school and I'll only talk to boys when I'm home.

Wait as long as you need to- just make sure that he knows you like/liked him eventually. ;) Don't leave the poor guy to hang if you get over him! XD

I know, that kinda happened to me when I was a little kid, I liked this kid in 5 grade but after I kinda found out his personalitiy, I didn't like him as much.

1. when he first talks to you

2. when he's trying to get close to you

3. when's he's trying to get so much information about you

a boy liked me once but i punched his face. i hate guys who love me when we're teenagers or kids, it's okay if someone loves me when i'm already in university.

Oh, well he kinda checks off on one of those things........Really you puched the guy? So you waited unil you were in university to date?

1. when he first talks to you

2. when he's trying to get close to you

3. when's he's trying to get so much information about you

a boy liked me once but i punched his face. i hate guys who love me when we're teenagers or kids, it's okay if someone loves me when i'm already in university.

Well don't PUNCH the guy! D: Love and like are two different things! Why would he deserve that?

Well don't PUNCH the guy! D: Love and like are two different things! Why would he deserve that?

It doesn't make sense to me either. Why would she punch the guy???