Detective Conan World
Kiel95

Miyano-Sempai Part 4

I know it's been a long time since the last chapter... but here I am! You ready for this? :)

Shinichi, Ran, and Sonoko were heading out to eat. It was Sonoko's treat, and also a trap. She'd wanted to try the food but didn't want to go alone, but as always she had calculated to bring Shinichi for Ran's benefit.

To their surprise, upon arrival they bumped into someone unexpected, Shiho. They weren't entirely sure how to react. She wasn't there as a customer, or at least the uniform she wore didn't scream customer. Her clothes were waitress clothes, smooth, perfect, and not casual wear.

Their mouths were agape as they stared at her, waiting for her to break the silence first.

She just raised an eyebrow and asked, "How many?"

The first to snap out of it was Sonoko, who quickly replied, "Three."

"Right this way," Shiho smiled brilliantly.

To everyone but Shinichi the smile looked genuine, but he'd seen the smile before. It was fake. Just a mask.

She placed them in a booth and handed them the menus as she said with another smile, a bit less dazzling than before, "Your waiter should be here in a moment, please enjoy your meal."

"What are you doing here?" Shinichi asked hurriedly, catching her before she was out of earshot.

"I'm sorry, I've no time to converse. I'm currently working." She smiled politely and headed back to the front where she continued to seat customers and take calls.

When they'd finished eating, Shiho was gone. Her shift had ended.~Kiel95

As they walked out the door, Sonoko ran straight into someone's back.

"You wanted to talk to me?" the figure asked, slowly turning. Shiho's cool gaze fell upon the three of them with a raised eyebrow.

"Wh-What are you doing working here?" Shinichi asked hesitantly.

"Is it really so wrong for me to have a part time job Kudo-kun?" He opened his mouth to say something but shut it almost immediately afterwards. She took that as a sign to continue. "My friend Mika-chan couldn't make it to work today and needed a temporary replacement. her mother fell down the steps and is in the hospital. That's why I'm taking over for a while until she can come back. It'd be bad if it took to long and they had to let her go since she wasn't there when they needed her. In the meantime i get paid 3/4s and she receives the other 1/4. She would've preferred if I kept it all, but she needs money more than me."

Sonoko couldn't help but ask, "What? Are you rich? Your parents much be rich right?" She was completely blunt, too confident in her deduction.

Shiho smirked and replied coolly, "Well I am close to rich, and your story is close to the truth. My last position was quite well paying and my money was placed in a bank account and has been sitting around, accumulating interest. Also, when I inherited the money my parents and sister left me, it did surprise me a bit. I'd much more money than expected. I never knew how much they had."

"What do you mean the money they left?" Ran asked hesitantly.

"Ara? Kudo-kun, you didn't inform them when they asked about me?"

Shinichi shifted uncomfortably and replied, "I didn't know how to say it. And besides, what gives me the right to give out your information?"

The two girls looked at Shinichi and then Shiho and then back to Shinichi for answers.

Shiho answered with a dry smile, "They're dead. I'm the only person living in my family."

Their eyes widened.

Shiho sighed and said, "Anyways, I must get going. I'm making Kyuu wait."

"Who's Kyuu?" Shinichi asked suspiciously.~Kiel95

"Just a new man in my life," Shiho smirked, "but I don't believe that is any of your business, oh great detective. No need to pry into my life and know every little detail now." She then walked off with a slight wave of her hand.

The three just stared after her for the second time that night. She was quite the mystery.

As Shiho arrived at an apartment, she opened the door slowly and said, "I'm home."

As soon as the door shut and she'd removed her shoes, she could hear the soft drumming of footsteps right before something leaped at her and landed in her arms.

"Hello there Kyuu, and how was was your day?" she asked with a smile.

In her arms the black bundle of fur looked up at her with shining bright eyes and meowed.

Kyuu was a stray cat, one she'd found one day on her way home. She was lucky that cats were allowed in the apartment, as there was no way she would leave it out on the streets. The most surprising thought about Kyuu was that he acted so much like a dog. It was strange, but she loved him. She loved the looks and feel of cats and how solitary they were, but she also loved how attached he was to her. He didn't need all the pampering of a dog, but the loyalty to her was the same. Kyuu was definitely her best friend.

She whispered gently to him, "You know Kyuu, sometimes I wonder if it would've been better for me to have fallen in love with you than with that idiot."

Kyuu looked deep into her eyes as if understanding her every word and purred gently, licking her cheek in a surprise attack.

"I really do love you," she whispered, but she wasn't talking to Kyuu, and a small tear rolled down her cheek.

~Kiel95

• Upvote 1

I named my Arcanine Kyuu..... .... (it's my favorite Pokemon right now....) ... Hmm... I'm wondering if Shiho would really be that open about her relatives being dead... Especially her sister... I'd imagine Ai always hurting whenever she thinks of her sister...

I named my Arcanine Kyuu..... .... (it's my favorite Pokemon right now....) ... Hmm... I'm wondering if Shiho would really be that open about her relatives being dead... Especially her sister... I'd imagine Ai always hurting whenever she thinks of her sister...

I see her hurting about it too... but i also see her as the type that would try to put up a brave front by pretending it's no big deal and that she's over it, that she's strong... I mean... she does seem to do that sometimes (unless the BO is involved, then she says screw this, I'm scared as hell xD)

At last! I've been waiting for this! *dances around happily*

For some reason, whenever I read 'Kyuu' I remember a certain member here... =X

At last! I've been waiting for this! *dances around happily*

For some reason, whenever I read 'Kyuu' I remember a certain member here... =X

I know it's been a while, but thanks for sticking with it :D

I'm crying. Literally. Right now. Kiel-san, you're an effective story writer.