Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who here gets teased by youre classmates because youre reading/watching DC??

Now that I'm in college, I'm still being teased T^T

especially by that one annoying guy who is also a fan of anime...how dare he!!!

He told me it was children's stuff and said I am too childish to watch such series. He also told me it was an UGLY anime, ugly anime are watched by ugly people, he says. >.<

no, i don't talk much about it.

in my class, few people have watched anime and like it very much.but i am the only one who read the manga.

b'coz in my counter manga is ony available on net i.e not on paper.

My friends tease me about my love of conan, but it is mostly because my explaining skills are so bad, so I can't really blaim them if all I give them is it's about a 17 year old detective who got drugged and became 7..." (-_-')

They caught me reading DC.

They said: Ha! I never watch that one because the drawing looks kiddy. Never ever tried watching/reading it.

I said I like Kaito Kid and Conan.

They said I am a kid, and DC are for kids.

Then I looked at them and said: At least I am young at heart.

They said, "LOL did you eat poison like Shinichi? And got shrunk? That's why you are YOUNG at heart!"

Me: HA! and you said you don't ever read it, how did you know he's called Shinichi when the cover says "Detective Conan"? And how did you know he ate poison and shrunk?"

Them: DAMMIT! /whips out DC and reads

I'm always teased because I'm reading a 'ancient' manga. Detective Conan was first published in 1994, so yeah it is kind of old. But then, Detective Conan has remained popular for more than 10 years! All my friends are into mangas or animes like Naruto or Bleach,a so-called 'modern' manga.(No offense to Naruto and Bleach fans) They always call me old-fashioned. :(

They caught me reading DC.

They said: Ha! I never watch that one because the drawing looks kiddy. Never ever tried watching/reading it.

I said I like Kaito Kid and Conan.

They said I am a kid, and DC are for kids.

Then I looked at them and said: At least I am young at heart.

They said, "LOL did you eat poison like Shinichi? And got shrunk? That's why you are YOUNG at heart!"

Me: HA! and you said you don't ever read it, how did you know he's called Shinichi when the cover says "Detective Conan"? And how did you know he ate poison and shrunk?"

Them: DAMMIT! /whips out DC and reads

Now, THAT'S EPIC. lol

I don't think that they tease me...

But i think they're just annoyed at me...

(because i always talk about it even a tests and oral participationand that i'm totally addicted about it)

All of my friends don't take any interest at all in anime or manga. they don't tease me about, which is good but I wish they at least tried it... :-(

All of my friends don't take any interest at all in anime or manga. they don't tease me about, which is good but I wish they at least tried it... :-(

awww...D:

I hope you meet someone there who is an anime fan too

I've never met anther anime/manga fan for real except for once, and I don't see her now... We only have each other's emails.

And my friends tease me so much and call me a baby. I feel offended, then one of them turns out to be a Barney fan. Who's the baby again?

My classmate teased me before about watching/reading Detective Conan. He said it's too boring and childish. He said Death Note is way better than DC.

I just gave him a WTF look. And in my mind, I said, "Are you effin' serious?" :evil:

Pfft people who think DC is a kid's anime (which they usually do b/c of the style) should meet Mr.Piano wire. Lol thing is if they can't find joy in figuring out murders and instead want "dark and bloody" stuff to feel "grow up" then they're probably too immature to read this anyways.

I was watching DC in class the other day and my friend asked me about it. I told him it was about a high school detective who's body shrunk to a kid. He's like, "Alright, it's believeable since the other stuff I watch includes a guy made out of rubber and ninjas".

I converted one friend when I first started reading and watchng. (He keeps calling me Sera now...-_-)

Otherwise, only a couple of people have mentioned it, and none tease. Anyone who would learned not to tease after messing with people I know who like Pokemon.

(I don't need to say how. :twisted: )

Mee too..! :o

Every person who get to knows I read/watch Detective Conan, they look at me with so much disgust as if I am a bludy 1st grader..! >.<

I seriously hate everybody..! There is no one in the radius of 248.96 km around me who would be obsessed with Anime and Manga.. :/

(sorry for being spooky but the numbers are random) :P

NEVER.... My classmates are obsessed with anime (I'm sure Avatar-senpai would agree). It's pretty normal there~ So I should be kind of glad... They all regard DC as a good anime/manga.