Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who here gets teased by youre classmates because youre reading/watching DC??

Once i knew Conan much now...I become an addict since then...

When i get into it...i add friends that who likes Detective conan too in my Facebook account,

when one boy introuduced to me...i get off..But since his sincere,it took three days and we have our online relationship :oc1d9d0fd22d532584b1175a21da2d59a.gif5e96287b2100a48a95f72b5b4db968e1.gif When my classmate see and knowned it...They seems every time their are teasing me..

But now,,we don't chat anymore...confused.gif

yeah, my friends maybe call me detective conan freak, or a freaky girl who crazy with detective conan. i hate it. why don't they try to read conan. i told them that detective conan's comic is a greatest manga, but they just laughed. :angry:

my friend also often teased me for reading DC, they think that kids reading , but I always say that a lot of knowledge to be gained from reading DC, and in fact this is not a kids reading, because many of the puzzle that makes kids dizzy,

and kids today around my house was not interested in DC they prefer sponge bob or Naruto

yea, most adults i know can never solve any of the mysteries DC produces. Its definatly more than a kids reading. Gosho made Shinichi a kid toapeal to all age groups young and old. Reading and watching Detective Conan has made me a smarter person for sure

In my country, Vietnam, DC is very popular, almost all my friend have read DC or at least know about it which make me feel like i can discuss DC with anyone. The one who get teased is the one who never read or heard about DC :)

My friends and these two guys tease me about Detective Conan.

One friend in particular, my current best friend, was always arguing with me about which one was better, One Piece or Detective Conan. I'm pretty sure most of you can guess which side I was on.

So one day at lunch, I said, "DC is so much better than OP, and you can't retaliate because I've tried OP and you haven't tried DC."

So of course, she decided to read DC just to prove me wrong...and by the end of the day she was hooked.

She still calls me a DC otaku though. I'm proud of it. :D

My friends and these two guys tease me about Detective Conan.

One friend in particular, my current best friend, was always arguing with me about which one was better, One Piece or Detective Conan. I'm pretty sure most of you can guess which side I was on.

So one day at lunch, I said, "DC is so much better than OP, and you can't retaliate because I've tried OP and you haven't tried DC."

So of course, she decided to read DC just to prove me wrong...and by the end of the day she was hooked.

She still calls me a DC otaku though. I'm proud of it. :D

So is that friend of yours a DC fanatic?

My friends won't even try it even though I beg... TT-TT One friend seems interested, but not enough to be hooked. The other two won't even try... One of them says the noses look weird and that's why she won't read it. Worst reason ever.

Hahah my friend won't even look at the art because the eyes look weird (too big and kiddish). I think they look fine.

Which is sad because he loves eechi anime where characters with giant kiddish eyes appear all the time. Though I bet he wasn't looking at their eyes at the time...*facepalm*

A friend of mine in RL is in to DC because of KaiShin though xD. He obsessed with them but only tend to read/watch the chapters where they appear. He then makes up weird OOC high school drama stories about them which I don't understand (but eh whatever).

When I was in high school (ancient history, I'm probably the oldest person on this forum) I didn't even know what DC was, but I was a huge anime/manga/Japan fan and people just used to call me "Japaaan" or "Japan girl."

Well, not really. In our school there is only few people who are crazy about manga. And I'm the worst one of them.

But once during our art lesson I was on the internet in Finnish forum conan-kun.net/forum reading the newest posts and one of my classmates(a boy with as blond hair as Draco Malfoy. and that hair isn't dyed!) said: "You can't be serious!"

It felt bad 'cause he said it so unpolitely. Okay, I ignored him but it still wasn't very nice comment.

People who tease others about their interests are idiots. Everyone has their guilty pleasures. I don't mean the occasional jest, because that can be about anything no matter how normal. However to honestly tease someone about anything is something immature idiots do. I don't think I have ever been teased about anything. People in my major know about me liking DC, but they pay it no mind. Then again it could be the college I'm in (no I won't tell, as I try to keep my location secret :P)....

But really there is nothing shameful about enjoying DC. Like any detective series, if read for the mystery, it can only serve to sharpen the mind. In fact, that is probably the argument I'd use if someone ever did tease me about DC.

Also, to those who are teased, it is likely that the people teasing have something even more shameful that they like that they don't want you to find out about. I'm not saying fight fire with fire, but remember that you are not ashamed by your interest in DC, and are willing to share it with the world (and honestly you have no reason to be), but they likely enjoy something that they don't want you to find out about, which is why they are likely teasing you in the first place, to cover their own shame (or so I can remember about basic psychology... Haven't taken that class in ages...).

That all said, I was never teased nor do I expect I'll ever be teased. Given... all of my friends are nerds themselves and we have... interesting... conversations all the time. In fact, the only thing that I'm surprised that I'm not teased about is that I spend hundreds of dollars on audio equipment (its a very bad hobby/indulgence) (and by hundreds of dollars I really mean that I have several pairs of headphones, and none are worth under $100 except my workout pair which costs a mere $30)

i get teased by other

i am in 10th and my classmated and mom and dad say u haven't grwon up yet and u have ur whole carrier out there u will just waste u life just watching some freaking anime or mange

i agree with them partially but series like this can't helped

like moho posted today that due his job of pilot he is leaving DC thats wats going to happen in everyones life

one will quit DC or the DC series would end one day

I get called obsessed with the show by my dad and friends. I tried to get my friends interested, but the only one who tried it and liked it was Sayuri... Sigh....