Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who here gets teased by youre classmates because youre reading/watching DC??

ditto above. Although many unrealistic aspects are evident in the story (as do all fictions), it's still a great and pretty educational read.

I just wish Gosho would stop diverting the main plot just to lengthen the series (and generate more income, lol).

the thing that get me pissed the most is that not class mates or other palls tease me about watching anime or reading manga in general (not just dc) but actually my best friend. When I am saying On skype or whatever, sorry I can't talk, i am watching DC they say OMG!!! how can you watch cartoons!!!!! how old are you? 8??? that fucking pisses the hell out of me! fuckk girls what do they expect me to watch? the twilight saga :x :blink: which i sooo hate. dude, you are my best friend how can you say something like this.

or when I had like a real cool poster with Inuyasha another good friend said, oh you can pull this out, because it's absolutely hideous...

the most biased thing? that girl started reading manga O_O

looks like they weren't really my friends

my actual friend is so understandable

she never said something wrong about anime

she sometimes asks me about it, even tough she is not interested

In my situation,NO TEASIN!!!!!

Several of my classmates are affected by me just because I'm watching DC movies and reading DC mangas.

And it's not rare to find five students (or so,and including me) in my class are handing DC mangas one for each and reading.And a moment later exchanging mangas each other.

(Of course they r all bought by me..)

Most times boys,but girls may participate sometimes.

That's my fav time in school years!

In my situation,NO TEASIN!!!!!

Several of my classmates are affected by me just because I'm watching DC movies and reading DC mangas.

And it's not rare to find five students (or so,and including me) in my class are handing DC mangas one for each and reading.And a moment later exchanging mangas each other.

(Of course they r all bought by me..)

Most times boys,but girls may participate sometimes.

That's my fav time in school years!

I also do(as mentioned like 5 to 20 post above )lend books to others. But most of them still prefers Yugioh and Naruto over DC.

I also do(as mentioned like 5 to 20 post above )lend books to others. But most of them still prefers Yugioh and Naruto over DC.

Naruto,One Piece&Bleach are quite popular in my class.But DC has the most viewers(viewers dont mean fans).

As far as I know there're only two guys preferin Yugioh.

Naruto,One Piece&Bleach are quite popular in my class.But DC has the most viewers(viewers dont mean fans).

As far as I know there're only two guys preferin Yugioh.

The grade may affect. I am still in grade 6 and that might be the reason why they prefer yugioh. They also prefer it as yugioh has playing cards and all while dc doesn't. There are also more naruto fans as it is more common to find in tv channels(cartoon network and such).

The grade may affect. I am still in grade 6 and that might be the reason why they prefer yugioh. They also prefer it as yugioh has playing cards and all while dc doesn't. There are also more naruto fans as it is more common to find in tv channels(cartoon network and such).

DC does have playing cards, and I have one.... but I don't know how long they stayed on the shelves, because I tried to read up on how to play (not that I would ever actually try), and it was mega-confusing

I think Yugioh is drawn for its playing card business.And they absolutely earn much more money by sellin cards than by sellin DVDs...

Model of my DC playing card imagination:

Ran:att 3000/def 2500/int 1500...

Haibara:att 500/def 500/int 5000...

Ayumi:att 0/def 0/int 100...

And some item cards like Conan's watch/shoes...

OK really absurd :)

IDK what r DC playing cards like.

Ya... Southpaw, can you please show us a picture of it??? Please... Thanks

I think I might know where it is, but if so, it's out of reach right now (in temporary storage)... actually, it might have been included in one of the manga releases a couple years ago

edit:

okay... the card displayed on this page isn't the one I have (...I think I have Kogoro), but this is what they look like: http://www.inmint.com/case-closed.html

What I hate with some people is not because they tease me(i'm used to it now). It is as they tease DC and Sherlock Holmes themselves.

yeah i agreed

I think I might know where it is, but if so, it's out of reach right now (in temporary storage)... actually, it might have been included in one of the manga releases a couple years ago

edit:

okay... the card displayed on this page isn't the one I have (...I think I have Kogoro), but this is what they look like: http://www.inmint.com/case-closed.html

Cute!!!

the thing that get me pissed the most is that not class mates or other palls tease me about watching anime or reading manga in general (not just dc) but actually my best friend. When I am saying On skype or whatever, sorry I can't talk, i am watching DC they say OMG!!! how can you watch cartoons!!!!! how old are you? 8??? that fucking pisses the hell out of me! fuckk girls what do they expect me to watch? the twilight saga :x :blink: which i sooo hate. dude, you are my best friend how can you say something like this.

or when I had like a real cool poster with Inuyasha another good friend said, oh you can pull this out, because it's absolutely hideous...

the most biased thing? that girl started reading manga O_O

looks like they weren't really my friends

my actual friend is so understandable

she never said something wrong about anime

she sometimes asks me about it, even tough she is not interested

wow... they teased me the same thing.... now.. their borrowing dc or anime related books from mee!!! :l and BTW Don't hate twilight.. iam a fan of that movie:) but it's ok though.

wow... they teased me the same thing.... now.. their borrowing dc or anime related books from mee!!! :l and BTW Don't hate twilight.. iam a fan of that movie:) but it's ok though.

Hey! You are back! BTW, what's so good about twillight that you are a fan of it. I fell asleep during the movie...

Oh boy, only a few of my close friends know I'm into Detective Conan, or any other manga/anime for that matter. I look at it like my guilty pleasure that should not be shared with classmates.

It's a shame, really! Maybe I should be more open about it and I'll meet the other people at the college who are just as much an otaku as I often am. B)

I know I mustn't be the only one here!

My friends don't bother me about my fanaticism of Conan. Mostly because they're all anime fans too, and usually they just go "what the heck is Detective Conan?" Some of them remember it when I refer to it as "Case Closed", but not a lot of people are big fans.

Oddly enough, before this Summer I had absolutely no idea, but my cousin is a gigantic fan of DC. She even has one of those fake watches that acts like a stun gun.

My cousin(who is 12 years older than me) was shock to see my birthday cake with a dc picture on it. He was an ex-conan fan . he got tired of waiting for the ending and gave up on the series.

Seriously Detective Conan is so underestimated... I mean they have really good stuff with all the tricks and it's honestly pretty cool!! Don't know why everyone disses it only because it's a "children's animation". Sure it did start off as an anime for small kids but it got more serious and dense and now it's totally awesome! >_<

It really isn't appreciated in the U.S., I can say that much for sure. :(

Probably mostly due to low-ratings during its air on the late-night Adult Swim. If Detective Conan's earliest episodes (which were dubbed in English to a point) where directed at a younger audience, maybe a 3:00am time slot was a bad marketing idea. That proposed "younger audience" would most likely be asleep or not allowed to watch it (Adult Swim)!

Detective Conan isn't so suggestive or obscene that it needs to be on the adult programing. People can be caught in questionable situations (rarely) and are murdered, but the same can be said for other anime series that they do still play (or have played) on Cartoon Network and other channels! (Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Beebop, Vash The Stampede...)

Though, I have also been made aware that in the U.S., since we have had situations of young children bringing (most likely fake, but often real) guns to school, we want to avoid showing that influencing material. For example, there are a lot of people pointing guns at other people in Detective Conan, which is likely one of the main reasons it was put on Adult Swim and away from its direct audience's eyes (aside form the murders).

Oh, to live in such a world. :(