Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who here gets teased by youre classmates because youre reading/watching DC??

I get teased (like a lot of people here), but it's fine. There are a LOT of otakus in my class (Naruto, Fairy Tail, Attack On Titans; you name it!), so everybody teases everybody XD it gets super geeky sometimes! I recently got one of my friends to watch DC, and now she's more obsessed than I am!

I get teased (like a lot of people here), but it's fine. There are a LOT of otakus in my class (Naruto, Fairy Tail, Attack On Titans; you name it!), so everybody teases everybody XD it gets super geeky sometimes! I recently got one of my friends to watch DC, and now she's more obsessed than I am!

^.^ I got Avatar to watch it~

;)

I never got teased by my classmates or by anyone else, but I sometimes wish I would because everyone around me is so unconcerned about DC or about animes/mangas... the only anime/manga that anybody mentions around me is Naruto -__-

I didn't get teased yet, since no one at school knows I'm into Detective Conan. And even if I asked a classmate of mines who likes anime and manga, they would probably just say "Detective Conan? What's that?" It's always like that over here where I am. (Detective Conan/Case Closed isn't really popular and well known where I am. -_-) 

Plus, I'm too afraid to ask since I'm soo shy to. I usually start my sentences with a bunch of uhs and ums and such around other people since I get soo shy. At school, I don't have many friends, and I'm a bit too afraid to make any.

But yeah, so far, no one seems to tease me at school, but if you're talking about one of my brothers, then yes. (haha! xD)

I never got teased by my classmates or by anyone else, but I sometimes wish I would because everyone around me is so unconcerned about DC or about animes/mangas... the only anime/manga that anybody mentions around me is Naruto -__-

I have to say DC isn't watched by any of my friends but it is well known. Usually I get involved in conversations about Fairy Tail, SAO, and more 'popular' stuff like that...

I didn't get teased yet, since no one at school knows I'm into Detective Conan. And even if I asked a classmate of mines who likes anime and manga, they would probably just say "Detective Conan? What's that?" It's always like that over here where I am. (Detective Conan/Case Closed isn't really popular and well known where I am.  -_-) 

Plus, I'm too afraid to ask since I'm soo shy to. I usually start my sentences with a bunch of uhs and ums and such around other people since I get soo shy. At school, I don't have many friends, and I'm a bit too afraid to make any.

But yeah, so far, no one seems to tease me at school, but if you're talking about one of my brothers, then yes. (haha! xD)

Really? DC is usually well-known (at my school) as this 'super-long', 'detective' anime. Technically speaking, in the country where I am, DC fans should be a tiny percentage of the population :/

I have to say DC isn't watched by any of my friends but it is well known. Usually I get involved in conversations about Fairy Tail, SAO, and more 'popular' stuff like that...

Really? DC is usually well-known (at my school) as this 'super-long', 'detective' anime. Technically speaking, in the country where I am, DC fans should be a tiny percentage of the population :/

I wish some of my friends knew DC... there is only one person other than me, and it's sad because she doesn't care about DC as much as I do :P

Maybe there are many DC fans at my school and I just haven't discovered them yet *crosses fingers*

no, they rarely tease me. my mother tease me why i still read comic at this age, when she is to blame. she introduced me to comic rental store. <_< sometimes they said conan childish (it being compare to kindaichi, don't read kindaichi unless u're a horror lover), but they and me like conan for the plot. 

no, they rarely tease me. my mother tease me why i still read comic at this age, when she is to blame. she introduced me to comic rental store. <_< sometimes they said conan childish (it being compare to kindaichi, don't read kindaichi unless u're a horror lover), but they and me like conan for the plot. 

Why, Kindaichi isn't horror in my opinion. I only watched the anime though, but the plots are good in terms of mystery, but neither frustrating nor scary.

By the way, my mother is also interested in Conan (even more than myself, since I became a little bored lately  :) ), we watch it together.

Unfortunately, in my country anime is regarded as 'cartoon' and thus is for kids, which is thanks to the dub which makes it childish, so I try to not let anyone know about what I like and stuff, but some of my friends know and they think it's cool.

Who cares? I'm 30 years old and watching DC. :P And my husband lets me indulge... as long as I don't pry him away from his One Piece fandom. *coughs*

I don't care if it's a "for kids" thing or not either... I think it's a wonderful thing to have that little piece of fantasy in your heart, especially after you're an adult adult. Keeps you from being jaded.

Embrace what you love, for that is part of who you are. :)

• Upvote 1

The only reason I haven't been teased is probably just because no one in the US hardly knows about DC. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of anime/manga in general, so I think part of the reason is also the fact that, since most of my friends don't watch anime or read manga, they haven't become familiarized with DC either. 

I will say, however, that my boyfriend got me into DC simply because he vaguely remembered watching English episodes on Adult Swim when he was younger, so we gave the series a shot and now we're almost completely caught up with the anime (currently on episode 756). I've definitely fallen in love with the series and I'm probably hooked til the end at this point, but he does occasionally tease me for being more obsessed than he is. Still, it's not mean-spirited teasing (if it were, we probably wouldn't have ended up watching all the episodes together), so I don't think that counts xD