Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who here gets teased by youre classmates because youre reading/watching DC??

I was in university already by the time I got into it (didn't know it existed until FUNi and adult swim brought it to the US), so the people around me didn't tease me because they knew I was already into anime and manga

Since high school, I haven't been teased yet since we always talk about it just like the other animes. Maybe the negative teasers just can't relate to deduction and relate only to action. hehe

my friends also call me names such as "Conan Geek" or "Nerdy Detective fan" and also tease me by saying that I am Kudo and one of my female classmate is Ran.

my friends also call me names such as "Conan Geek" or "Nerdy Detective fan" and also tease me by saying that I am Kudo and one of my female classmate is Ran.

yea me too the other way around though

All my friends think it's lame and I don't blame them really xD

but I still continue trying to convince them that it really ISN'T that childish!

I mean, the deductions are pretty awesome and the movies are just.. great!

We have other people who like anime and manga. They wouldn't particularly tease me for anything or else I would criticize that they watch crappy anime and read crap. :\ (And that's apparently true, personally) :lol:

All my friends think it's lame and I don't blame them really xD

but I still continue trying to convince them that it really ISN'T that childish!

I mean, the deductions are pretty awesome and the movies are just.. great!

yea!!! that's what i said! i told by reading DC will make u smarter but they didn't believe me... but they read manga that has INTIMATE scenes!!! :o

yea!!! that's what i said! i told by reading DC will make u smarter but they didn't believe me... but they read manga that has INTIMATE scenes!!! :o

Yeah, we can learn names of poison(anotoxin, tetrodotoxin and pot. cyanide), how to find clues and some theories but you can't really learn anythin' from naruto and stuff...

no offence to naruto fans...

Yeah, we can learn names of poison(anotoxin, tetrodotoxin and pot. cyanide), how to find clues and some theories but you can't really learn anythin' from naruto and stuff...

no offence to naruto fans...

Yea, I totally agree!

My friends like manga and anime that are often very "lame" and "babyish" (won't be named);

the only reason why they don't take interest in it is because it's "Detective Conan"-

manga and anime originally made for young elementary kids to.. well.. motivate them to be smart, maybe? ^^;

Yea, I totally agree!

My friends like manga and anime that are often very "lame" and "babyish" (won't be named);

the only reason why they don't take interest in it is because it's "Detective Conan"-

manga and anime originally made for young elementary kids to.. well.. motivate them to be smart, maybe? ^^;

ahahahah soooo right! some of my classmates are EGGHEADS actually.. hahaha... yup they NEED to be educated they only watch Naruto..

We have other people who like anime and manga. They wouldn't particularly tease me for anything or else I would criticize that they watch crappy anime and read crap. :\ (And that's apparently true, personally) :lol:

hahahaha!! ikr? they read stuff like Naruto and Bleach no offense Naruto and Bleach fans what can u learn from them really... :grin:

ahahahah soooo right! some of my classmates are EGGHEADS actually.. hahaha... yup they NEED to be educated they only watch Naruto..

My friends(those dumb ones) always do naruto handsigns and wear all those gloves and necklace. I got a necklace for only about 1 US dollars but sold it to the dummies for 5 us dollars... not bad...lol

My friends(those dumb ones) always do naruto handsigns and wear all those gloves and necklace. I got a necklace for only about 1 US dollars but sold it to the dummies for 5 us dollars... not bad...lol

so smart xD

there arent that many naturo and bleach fans around here but most definitely "Hikaru no Goh", "Fruit Basket", "Gakuen Alice", "Ouran High School"...

And I'm not saying that they're bad or anything, but I just want to state that they are honestly NO DIFFERENT from Detective Conan!

Detective Conan is only being underestimated because of what it is known for:

"educational" anime for babies >_<;

But I honestly think Detective Conan has "smartened up" because there are so many young adults, etc watching the anime and reading the manga. Don't you think?

I mean, with guns, drugs, love, guns again.. Vermouth, FBI, Black Organisation... and the cases are more "in depth". The first episodes were more along the lines of:

"I killed him because he was cheating on me" but then later, the stories became more 'sophisticated' in a way so that there was something more to a case than just "because he was cheating on me".

so smart xD

there arent that many naturo and bleach fans around here but most definitely "Hikaru no Goh", "Fruit Basket", "Gakuen Alice", "Ouran High School"...

And I'm not saying that they're bad or anything, but I just want to state that they are honestly NO DIFFERENT from Detective Conan!

Detective Conan is only being underestimated because of what it is known for:

"educational" anime for babies >_<;

But I honestly think Detective Conan has "smartened up" because there are so many young adults, etc watching the anime and reading the manga. Don't you think?

I mean, with guns, drugs, love, guns again.. Vermouth, FBI, Black Organisation... and the cases are more "in depth". The first episodes were more along the lines of:

"I killed him because he was cheating on me" but then later, the stories became more 'sophisticated' in a way so that there was something more to a case than just "because he was cheating on me".

yup it gets more complicated like : i killed him bcause he Blackmailed me or he witnessed the murder i committed or i killed him because he found out I was exporting drugs or something like that right?

yup it gets more complicated like : i killed him bcause he Blackmailed me or he witnessed the murder i committed or i killed him because he found out I was exporting drugs or something like that right?

Haha yes I suppose xD

I personally think a great "example" (although there are many) would be ep.491~500 (Clash of Red and Black);

the fight between the Black Organisation, FBI and Conan is similar, in a way, to Death Note : P

With twists, missing answers, hidden traps, predicting enemy's moves...

<3

hahahaha!! ikr? they read stuff like Naruto and Bleach no offense Naruto and Bleach fans what can u learn from them really... :grin:

I wouldn't say that Naruto and Bleach are bad, but all it takes is a lie to shut them up. :lol: i r ebil!

Haha yes I suppose xD

I personally think a great "example" (although there are many) would be ep.491~500 (Clash of Red and Black);

the fight between the Black Organisation, FBI and Conan is similar, in a way, to Death Note : P

With twists, missing answers, hidden traps, predicting enemy's moves...

<3

yeah... i agree

Uhm, even if I or we love DC that much, it isn't fair to compare them. Besides, there are many things you can learn from Naruto & Bleach & others as well like wisdoms, we'll understand it as time passes by. But just as Xevar says it takes a lie to shut them up.

Uhm, even if I or we love DC that much, it isn't fair to compare them. Besides, there are many things you can learn from Naruto & Bleach & others as well like wisdoms, we'll understand it as time passes by. But just as Xevar says it takes a lie to shut them up.

haha guess ur right point taken but ... what can u learn from sexy jutsu?? Naruto is kind of a pervert :)) but yah ur right u can learn stuff from Naruto :))

haha guess ur right point taken but ... what can u learn from sexy jutsu?? Naruto is kind of a pervert :)) but yah ur right u can learn stuff from Naruto :))

Naruto is kind of pervert?

i don't really talk about manga with my friends unless that friend really likes it too... otherwise i don't mention it much... they don't tease me much but really, they don't care. XD

i've never read bleach or naruto.. maybe someday tho