Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who here gets teased by youre classmates because youre reading/watching DC??

Guess what. I was accompanying my mother yesterday to watch a taiwan program. It was some sort of guessing program. They made a lousy video of dc which is very different from dc. Kogoro doesn't look like him at all and conan doesn't even uses his tranquilizer when he wants to deduce something. I'll show you a part of that clip when my wifi is back. This videos, though only shown once might leave a bad impression of dc to those who have never watched them. They would claim that it is just meeting a case and deducing it without the interesting ways conan tries to give the police the clues.

Well, in France, it's a bit special.

Back then during the 80's/90's, it was commonly kids and teenagers who watch animes and later read mangas. Now, this generation has grown and mangas have been popularized a lot, so it has become common for adults to read mangas.

Detective Conan is a well-known manga so I won't be teased for reading it. Of course, it would be a different things if it was Pokemon for example (also well-known but categorized for children).

Happy to know that DC is popular in ur country

Well, it's not as popular as Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z (God ! lol !), Saint Seiya, City Hunter, Hokuto No Ken, Ranma 1/2, Captain Harlock, Cat's Eye, Cobra, Captain Tsubasa or UFO Robot Grendizer (all of them being series which popularized animes during kid's shows some decennies ago), but Detective Conan is nevertheless pretty famous here, yes.

All the kids, now adults, who grew with these animes wanted to discover the mangas they were derived from, they became very popular and other more recent mangas and animes have followed since (Detective Conan, Card Captor Sakura, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach...).

well, in China almost all my classmates love it so it seems to be a common habit for us~~~

I don't think DC is childish.

I find love, friendship, justice and so on in it and the idea of the story(shinchi become conan)is really fantastic.

I think that those who gets teased needn't feel bad~if it is worth doing, we shouldn't care about what others think of us.Do you think so? :-D

well, in China almost all my classmates love it so it seems to be a common habit for us~~~

I find love, friendship, justice and so on in it and the idea of the story(shinchi become conan)is really fantastic.

I think that those who gets teased needn't feel bad~if it is worth doing, we shouldn't care about what others think of us.Do you think so? :-D

100% agree.. :) :)

When I visit china I can't stop overhearing kids talk about Detective Conan

I don't get teased because I read Conan because most kids don't know about it

and the kids that do usually really like it

haven't heard of people saying crap to Detective Conan before

You remind me of my chinese teacher. She caught my friend reading DC during lesson time, confiscated it and started reading... She then started borrowing volumes too!

You remind me of my chinese teacher. She caught my friend reading DC during lesson time, confiscated it and started reading... She then started borrowing volumes too!

Haha..

Even teacher can be addicted too.. :P :P

Well, I wasn't teased at all!

When I told them that Detective Conan is so cool, they totally agreed!

I was so happy because I think that it became the most most famous anime in our class.

When I started posting Detective Conan photos in my FB, the even made most of them their profile pictures!!!

How cool!

I do sometimes. When I start talking to my friend about DC being so cool, he told me it was super boring. That caused a fight between us. I don't know why he said thaat 'coz he was such a big fan of Kid.

There was this girl in my school that started teasing me about it when I told her that I watched it, but she decided to give it a chance one day anyway. It turned out that she really liked it! I wondered why she decided to just start watching it about three months after I told her about it, and that's when I learned that she had a crush on me and wanted to see what I liked! She's obviously a ShinRan, but I'm an AiCon... though I might convert to make her happy.

honestly i am never teased about this series, although i rarely talk about it, and most people i have talked to ended up being addicted to the series like i am. I simply practice my deduction skills i have learned from DC when i can, people then get impressed by my deductions,and maybe quote a line from Shinichi every once and a while. You'll be suprised as to how many more people know of you that you have never met