Detective Conan World
Kyuu Nye

Martial Arts

Don't worry, Karate and TKD are *very* similar (well the popular Karate). And neither are particularly good for self-defense really. Hopefully the combined will teach you more practical self-defense techniques though.

Congratulations on the start of your journey though. Let us know how it goes :). If you need any help or advice, let us know, I'll try to help in any way I can.

Ohh, they are? Okay~ xD Haha....really..? Lol. xD Yeah, hopefully~!

Thanks!! I will! Thanks a lot~!!!! <3

Well, my doctor said that I should not take any martial arts, snowboard, or have work that need much of lifting weights. Because of my back <_<.

Aww, that's too bad.....x(

YES!!!! I GOT A GOLD MEDAL FOR THE STAFF AND THE SPEAR DURING TODAY'S REGIONAL WUSHU COMPETITION!!!!!!!!!!!! I ALSO RECEIVE A SILVER MEDAL FOR DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD!!!! YES YES YES!!!! :mrgreen:

And I also took my first REAL lesson in Wing Chun today!!! :D Found an instructor and he agreed to teach me together with his other students!! :grin:

Today is a great day!!!!

@Wild-chan: Good luck for the start of your MMA journey!! :D Don't give up and get loads of painkillers and bandages! :lol:

Valkyrie, that's awesome! Congratulations, I'm sure you did great! *OO*. Got any bad blow?

Thanks! :D

No bad blows. Only a scratch on my arm because of the sword. <_<

So how is it? Did you get into any martial arts lessons? :D

I don't know any any matrial arts. I mean, I can name some but I haven't ever gone to trainings. But my friend has theached some kung fu to me. Not much.

YES!!!! I GOT A GOLD MEDAL FOR THE STAFF AND THE SPEAR DURING TODAY'S REGIONAL WUSHU COMPETITION!!!!!!!!!!!! I ALSO RECEIVE A SILVER MEDAL FOR DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD!!!! YES YES YES!!!! :mrgreen:

And I also took my first REAL lesson in Wing Chun today!!! :D Found an instructor and he agreed to teach me together with his other students!! :grin:

Today is a great day!!!!

@Wild-chan: Good luck for the start of your MMA journey!! :D Don't give up and get loads of painkillers and bandages! :lol:

Wooooo~!!! That's awesome!! xD Congrats!!!! x3

Haha, thanks~!! xD

Ohh, they are? Okay~ xD Haha....really..? Lol. xD Yeah, hopefully~!

Thanks!! I will! Thanks a lot~!!!! <3

Aww, that's too bad.....x(

Well, my right foot was 9 mm longer than my left one. So that is something made by my back. But now it's only 7 mm

Well, my right foot was 9 mm longer than my left one. So that is something made by my back. But now it's only 7 mm

As I recall Bruce Lee's left leg was also slightly shorter than his right. He eventually integrated the physical defect into his style and turned a weakness into a strength (he had a left leg lead style that allowed a devastatingly fast and powerful kick to be delivered before his opponents knew what happened). Regardless of whether he had back problems or not from that, he was told after a back injury that he could never do martial arts again... he wrote Tao of jeet kun do in the hospital, and started training right out of the hospital and he was at peak physical condition until his untimely death and taught many others this style.

Basically, if there is a will, there is a way...especially in martial arts.

I can't believe what I saw yesterday... *headdesk* I saw someone punching someone else with a terribly made fist. He placed his thumb INSDE the curled fingers. What a fool... He ended up with a broken thumb. <_<

Why try fighting when you don't even know the basic way of making a fist? *facepalm*

I can't believe what I saw yesterday... *headdesk* I saw someone punching someone else with a terribly made fist. He placed his thumb INSDE the curled fingers. What a fool... He ended up with a broken thumb. <_<

Why try fighting when you don't even know the basic way of making a fist? *facepalm*

That is surprisingly common. I never understood WHERE people got the idea that putting your thumb inside your fist was a good idea, but it does seem to be a common one. I mean it isn't that hard to figure out that thumb inside fist + impact from fist hitting object (likely another person) = broken thumb from force of impact. It should be common sense, but we all know that common sense is not very common... :/

That is surprisingly common. I never understood WHERE people got the idea that putting your thumb inside your fist was a good idea, but it does seem to be a common one. I mean it isn't that hard to figure out that thumb inside fist + impact from fist hitting object (likely another person) = broken thumb from force of impact. It should be common sense, but we all know that common sense is not very common... :/

Yeah. The horror! How on earth did that guy not know that a fist like that would break his thumb??? It's such a simple thing that even my little cousin whose 2 years old know! *facepalm*

Argh... I just don't believe the horror of people trying to fight when they don't even know how to make a proper fist. If many people don't know the correct way to throw a punch, alot of people are going to be wondering around with a broken thumb. <_<

I can never beat Rin in close combat... She's really good at unarmed and armed combat as long it's close to her. But I'm better than her in long range. :P She might have the speed and power but I have the weapons and the accuracy. :twisted:

I can never beat Rin in close combat... She's really good at unarmed and armed combat as long it's close to her. But I'm better than her in long range. :P She might have the speed and power but I have the weapons and the accuracy. :twisted:

Meh.<_< I'm almost on par with you for long range fighting but you're not even half-way close to me in close combat. :P

Talking about that, is it smart to travel with weapons? :blink: For instance, a knife just to protect yourself?

Weapons complicate things. I'll sooner remove my belt or my jacket and use that, but carry a knife as a weapon I'll never do.

The only weapon I've ever considered is a kubotan. But even that I decided against because it would be another thing for me to reach for leaving me open to someone who knows what they are doing.

I was promoted to Purple belt (Karate) a few weeks ago. This is somewhat of an achievement for me, because I've tried for months to get there.

Congrats, Lia! (Even if you fost it like 2 months ago u_u').

I've been looking for Aikido dojos in my city for a few months now and I discovered there's one about to get opened just round the corner! :D I can't wait *U*.

I've been practicing a bit of jiu-jitsu, and a lot of judo, and now aikido and kobudo. I've always been amazed by aikidokas using their ki power, wish I could learn to use it.