Detective Conan World
Scar Akai

Again and Again...

Why did conan let Kid go again at vol 733!? BTW, guys ,I don't really understand the last few sentences of the volume. Does it mean that the female thief is Kid's mama?

Perhaps it's because Kid didn't actually steal anything that time. I think he just wanted show that all the items on display were fakes.

About the last part, Kid didn't actually say the Phantom thief was his mum, Conan only just suggested it.

I got that idea from the wiki

It has been suggested by Conan that whoever is the mother of Kaitou Kid is is also the thief known as "Phantom Lady" because of a remark Kid made at the Ryoma Gunbelt heist[2]. This is only conjecture though as Conan is simply thinking to himself and Kid neither supports or denies this idea. It is worth noting however that Chikage's updated appearance from the Magic Kaito TV special matches the hairstyle of the Phantom Lady.

There is high possibility that she is his mother. That's my opinion. But knowing Gosho Aoyama it's possible that Phantom Lady is... I don't know but somebody we don't suspect at all!

Why did conan let Kid go again at vol 733!? BTW, guys ,I don't really understand the last few sentences of the volume. Does it mean that the female thief is Kid's mama?

Conan said he was letting Kid go because his mother is a fan of Ryoma, but the real reason he let Kid go is probably because Kaito Kid was doing the "right" thing by exposing the forgers. It's strongly hinted at that Phantom Lady is Kaito's Mom. "Well then... I guess neither of us are a match for our mothers..." Manga-wise it hasn't been stated who Kaito's mom is, but in the anime she is Kuroba Chikage.

If Conan captured Kid, all of Kid's fans would swarm and kill Aoyama-sensei, and then DC would never be completed! ^-^ JK, he probably needs Kid for something later on, something cool...