Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who's better off with Shinichi? Haibara Ai or Ran??

Mocked for looking too Asian? I've never been mocked for looking Asian at my school. I do understand your view point, but it doesn't change my fandom. I actually kind of like Ai better than Ran, but I hate pairing her with Shinichi. I prefer pairing Heiji and Kaito with Shinichi than that. (actually, I really, really like KaiShin.)

On that note, why aren't there any avid KaiShins or HeiShins on the 'Who's better off with Shinichi?' forum? It'd be fun to argue with them, though I love their fanfics. So cute!

I don't remember which chapter, but i'm sure she said something like "my friend tease me for being look too asian (she's half-british)

@dreznovk:

"in fact, because Ran has too many good things about her without a noticeable flaw make me grow tired of her."

I don't quite agree, in comparison with other characters (Haibara included). I think Ran has most obvious flaws. The obvious one is that she doesn't solve every case with magical big brain powers or any sort of unnatural genius. She struggles with finding the culprit to "simple cases" just like a normal civilian human being with no training should be. She cries easily, she gets scared easily, she's unreasonable sometimes, she uses violence when things don't go her way and she's very very stubborn. She's not the prettiest one, she doesn't have the biggest bewbs eva, she likes boy bands unreasonably just like every silly teenage girl, she's kinda slow (she has her hillarious derp moments), not that witty (she can't tell Sonoko or Shinichi off like ever), and she doesn't understand relationships yet she believes in teh powa of loveee (unlike me).

I'm really not sure why people think she's perfect Mary Sueish at all. Sure she's KIND, but then everyone in the DC world is kind, Heiji, Ayumi, Haibara, Conan. I do think she's unique though. She's a kind character WHO IS NOT BRILLIANT and cannot think of 10 different awesome ways to stop a bullet. She's not afraid of looking stupid, she can only do what her instinct tells her. That's what makes her so unique to me. She is a normal kind girl in a world full of genius villains and genius detectives. Yet she tries to hard to protect everyone her own way.

You got a point , i admit saying she's flawless is a little exaggerate, but the weakness of her are not stand out, so i (and other peoples) find her a perfect character.

"The obvious one is that she doesn't solve every case with magical big brain powers or any sort of unnatural genius. She struggles with finding the culprit to "simple cases" just like a normal civilian human being with no training should be"

That's not weakness, that's normal, not everyone is detective.

"She's a kind character WHO IS NOT BRILLIANT and cannot think of 10 different awesome ways to stop a bullet"

I don't think this is unique, a lots people are not brilliant and do what their instinct tells them.

Thank you for showing what kind of person Ran really is. Yeah, I know Ai misses her mom, but I needed something to attack with. In fact, I thought that was a really cute chapter.... But I personally feel Ran is the prettiest character in DC! No offense or anything, but Ai looks quite ugly as a teenager. Her hairstyle looks really funny that way. And the way she is drawn is just *bleh*.

I don't know how Shiho looks in OVAs and animes. But in manga, she look very pretty to me (chap 242, she could be prettier without conan's glass and a better clothes).

I don't remember which chapter, but i'm sure she said something like "my friend tease me for being look too asian (she's half-british)

You got a point , i admit saying she's flawless is a little exaggerate, but the weakness of her are not stand out, so i (and other peoples) find her a perfect character.

"The obvious one is that she doesn't solve every case with magical big brain powers or any sort of unnatural genius. She struggles with finding the culprit to "simple cases" just like a normal civilian human being with no training should be"

That's not weakness, that's normal, not everyone is detective.

"She's a kind character WHO IS NOT BRILLIANT and cannot think of 10 different awesome ways to stop a bullet"

I don't think this is unique, a lots people are not brilliant and do what their instinct tells them.

I don't know how Shiho looks in OVAs and animes. But in manga, she look very pretty to me (chap 242, she could be prettier without conan's glass and a better clothes).

Ai's pretty, but only when she's little. She needs to get a new hairdo. I look Caucasian to Chinese people, and Chinese to Americans, so I'm not sure what I classify as anymore. (I'm too lazy to cut everything out cuz I'm posting from an itouch. I'll be on the computer soon.)

Thank you for showing what kind of person Ran really is. Yeah, I know Ai misses her mom, but I needed something to attack with.

I hope you're kidding. If you're just saying mean things for the sake of attacking people I don't want to talk to you anymore. ._.

It was the chapter with "Agasa's first love". Ai says people in America make fun of her because of her appearance (which happened to me when I first went over seas, it depends where you go).

Hmm by instinct though, I mean the instinct to protect and help other people (even serial killers) without a plan (I will block that bullet with my soccer ball), thinking of consequence (will I die?) or morals (do they deserve it?). I guess in a way it's not "instinct" since it's going against your natural instinct to protect yourself xD.

Hmm on second thought, what you say it's true, especially in DC. I'm sure this sort of thing isn't unique. Shinichi has it for sure (giving CPR to people who might be poisoned in the mouth for example). Maybe this is something Ran learned from Shinichi? Or Shinichi from Ran? They're childhood friends afterall. I guess it's simply a trait I find infuriating, yet interesting, and something I admire very much. I can't imagine protecting people I don't know from bullets, seriously, especially if that person was an ass to me.

Also I thought the fact that Ran doesn't assist in the solving of any crimes (unless by accident) is very obvious xD? Her derp moments with UFO and Kappa is just xD. If she was a "perfect" girl character, she would be solving crimes, kicking villain ass, be a child genius with an IQ over 9000, and have like 100000 ACTUALLY COOL HANDSOME admirers instead of the 1 who gave up before he even started and ran off to America.

I seriously don't get the "perfect girl" character from her, I mean she's even a little fat because she eats so much cake xD. When the subject she really loves (Chinese History) is FINALLY relavant in a case, she gets immediately shadowed over by Koumei and Conan (that was so sad to me LOL).

It was the chapter with "Agasa's first love". Ai says people in America make fun of her because of her appearance (which happened to me when I first went over seas, it depends where you go).

Yeah, i remembered now. So some Asian really being make fun of because of appearance ? I'm moving to America this year, am i going to be the same :?

Hmm on second thought, what you say it's true, especially in DC. I'm sure this sort of thing isn't unique. Shinichi has it for sure (giving CPR to people who might be poisoned in the mouth for example). Maybe this is something Ran learned from Shinichi? Or Shinichi from Ran? They're childhood friends afterall. I guess it's simply a trait I find infuriating, yet interesting, and something I admire very much. I can't imagine protecting people I don't know from bullets, seriously, especially if that person was an ass to me.

Also I thought the fact that Ran doesn't assist in the solving of any crimes (unless by accident) is very obvious xD? Her derp moments with UFO and Kappa is just xD. If she was a "perfect" girl character, she would be solving crimes, kicking villain ass, be a child genius with an IQ over 9000, and have like 100000 ACTUALLY COOL HANDSOME admirers instead of the 1 who gave up before he even started and ran off to America.

I seriously don't get the "perfect girl" character from her, I mean she's even a little fat because she eats so much cake xD. When the subject she really loves (Chinese History) is FINALLY relavant in a case, she gets immediately shadowed over by Koumei and Conan (that was so sad to me LOL).

You get me wrong, i'm not saying a perfect character is supposed to be super smart, super strong or something, i talking about personality. She's too kind, most of the time she always smile or always trying to be nice with everyone, even strangers. That's not a bad thing, but you cannot be in love with only a character's strengths, but it's weaknesses that also make the character. Ran would be more interesting if she acting mean sometime, and saying something that make someone mad (like Ai in her bad mood, the static shock chapter for example). Well, when i think about it there one chapter that Ran got suspicious that Conan=Shinichi because of his phone and going th_111_.gif with conan, i like to see that side of Ran more often :). One more thing i don't like about Ran is that she's reckless( she attempts to kick innocent people few times), imagine Shinichi-a reckless man + Ran-another reckless one, that's not a good chemistry, that why i think Ai would be better for him, she's calm and careful, she could temper Shinichi.

the 1 who gave up before he even started and ran off to America.

Who's are you talking about ?

I've always supported ShinRan...they look cute together and just seem to fit. No, I have no particular reason for doing so. You have to admit, Ran's really loyal to Shinichi, I'd have a hard time waiting.

I'm positive that Haibara has a crush on Kudo, but I doubt that she'll let it grow in any way or form. I respect Haibara and I don't mind reading ConAi or being friends with people who support it, but I think of it more as a friendship than a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship. I can also kind of understand her feelings, falling in love with someone who's in love with someone else, and I sympathize with her. I'm glad that Haibara doesn't hate Ran and seems to try to keep her emotions under control. In fact, I love Haibara, I just don't really support ConAi since I find it somewhat difficult to imagine what would happen if the two were together.

Ran is really kind and everything, but she's also got flaws in many different aspects. Maybe it's the fact that she's somebody who's normal that stands out to me, she's not super smart and she really doesn't have a whole lot of unbelievable characteristics. I think that her loyalty and kindness are really the two characteristics that stood out to me a lot, and I admire her for it. I think that's why I'm a ShinRan.

Haibara is like snow, so cold, yet when you really get to know it, she's an amazing character. I respect and admire her, but I don't think she really fits with Conan. I think that Haibara is better off with an OC, though I admit that she should probably find someone who's just as intelligent. If you think about it, being with another boy who's a kid (a real one) wouldn't be too bad, Haibara never really got to experience a childhood, and it's only when she's around the Detective Boys that she truly warms up.

I prefer Ran for Shinichi since she suffers in sadness waiting for Shinichi to come.

I prefer Ayumi for Conan.. I don't like Ai. Why? I don't know why...

But .. SHINICHI♥RAN forever till the end ^^

I prefer Ran for Shinichi since she suffers in sadness waiting for Shinichi to come.

I prefer Ayumi for Conan.. I don't like Ai. Why? I don't know why...

But .. SHINICHI♥RAN forever till the end ^^

AyumiXConan? You're one of the first I've seen. I believe even if Conan doesn't turn back, he and Ran will still be there for each other until the end. (because Ayumi gets on my nerves even more than Sonoko.)

It's actually good that 新一(Shinichi) turned into コナン(Conan) because it makes him more close to 蘭(Ran) becuase he now knows more about 蘭 (Ran) and makes him more closer to her.

If we are speaking of reality with Detective Conan, then Ayumi wouldn't stand a chance. Conan isn't a real! It's Shinichi portraying him. Sooner or later the Black Organization will be caught and destroyed and Conan will be back to Shinichi. Why break the little girl's heart later? I personally don't think Conan/Shinichi and Ayumi would ever match.

As with Ran and Ai. They both have been through a lot. Ran and Shinichi have been friends ever since they are little kids and both care deeply for each other. Though they both won't admit it, they both have a crush on each other....... but the thing with Ai is that she's been through a lot as a person. She never really had too much freedom amongest herself and both parents and sister died and now a huge organization is after her. Shinichi and Ai seems to have a huge amount of trust with each other and etc............. and in some of the episodes of Detective Conan, a lot of people seem to notice that Ai might be interested in Shinichi and sometimes Shinichi seems to be interested back..... It's a complicated one.

If we are speaking of reality with Detective Conan, then Ayumi wouldn't stand a chance. Conan isn't a real! It's Shinichi portraying him. Sooner or later the Black Organization will be caught and destroyed and Conan will be back to Shinichi. Why break the little girl's heart later? I personally don't think Conan/Shinichi and Ayumi would ever match.

As with Ran and Ai. They both have been through a lot. Ran and Shinichi have been friends ever since they are little kids and both care deeply for each other. Though they both won't admit it, they both have a crush on each other....... but the thing with Ai is that she's been through a lot as a person. She never really had too much freedom amongest herself and both parents and sister died and now a huge organization is after her. Shinichi and Ai seems to have a huge amount of trust with each other and etc............. and in some of the episodes of Detective Conan, a lot of people seem to notice that Ai might be interested in Shinichi and sometimes Shinichi seems to be interested back..... It's a complicated one.

I agree about the fact that I don't think Ayumi would stad a chance (he's 10 years older than you! Find someone else!). I still support ShinRan because Ai is the one who really needs a childhood, somebody who's innocent (aka, not Conan). She's never experienced a childhood, so she should be granted the chance with somebody who would do that for her. Conan...let's just say he'd have a hard time.

I agree about the fact that I don't think Ayumi would stad a chance (he's 10 years older than you! Find someone else!). I still support ShinRan because Ai is the one who really needs a childhood, somebody who's innocent (aka, not Conan). She's never experienced a childhood, so she should be granted the chance with somebody who would do that for her. Conan...let's just say he'd have a hard time.

Right and don't forget that Ai respects and thinks of Ran as her sister.

Then what would you do if I suggested we add Kaito and Heiji to the list of 'Who's better off with Shinichi?' cuz I really like them (after ShinRan...). Kaito, Shinichi, Countdown to Forever, and even cuter ones.... Kawaii!

Experience childhood NOT = living with a bunch of kids, she's no longer a child anymore, she needs to move on with her life.

Experience childhood NOT = living with a bunch of kids, she's no longer a child anymore, she needs to move on with her life.

Opps, double post, i can't find the delete button, where is it ?

Edited by dreznovk

Returning to a teenager for Haibara wouldn't do her any good. She's too scared to do it. She has more friends now in the DB than anywhere else- she deserves to win back her childhood. If fate is part of DC, then Shinichi shrunk to bring justice to the BO at the risk of losing his love life, and Ai won back her childhood at the cost of having to help Shinichi despite personal fears. But she looks so cute with Mitsuhiko, and Ayumi is definitely not good enough for him.

Returning to a teenager for Haibara wouldn't do her any good. She's too scared to do it. She has more friends now in the DB than anywhere else- she deserves to win back her childhood. If fate is part of DC, then Shinichi shrunk to bring justice to the BO at the risk of losing his love life, and Ai won back her childhood at the cost of having to help Shinichi despite personal fears. But she looks so cute with Mitsuhiko, and Ayumi is definitely not good enough for him.

Why not ? She can still keep her friend relationship with DB (or sister) and she can make new friends (could be Ran, Kazuha or Sonoko). Childhood is not supposed to be happy, Ai already had one, instead of trying to live childhood life again she should move onto adulthood. It's no good drawn on the past.

But she looks so cute with Mitsuhiko, and Ayumi is definitely not good enough for him.

*do the same thing as Mohorovicic*