Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who's better off with Shinichi? Haibara Ai or Ran??

Yes, it has little to do with relationships, however it's a great example of a stark contrast in how everyone in here is completely misusing the word.

I wasn't aware that a discussion about a character's relationship choices had nothing to do with him. My bad.

Question: What do you mean by "everyone in here is completely misusing the word?" Just curious. Do you mean everyone is misusing the word relationships? If so... how?

And as for the second part, I think it is a matter of view point. A lot of the arguments for Ran use what you say, Shinichi's choices as a point of contention to support that he belongs with Ran. While the Ayumi and Ai camps use personality and implied connection to build their argument. Both are equally valid in my opinion, but the former is stronger. And I really hate to quote Harry Potter for something like this but... "It is our choices that define us." I agree with that quote. However, I do think that Shiho matches up with Shinichi better. But that doesn't make a lick of difference, since he will end up with Ran because of his decisions.

Gosho has made it pretty much painfully clear where the end of the series will go in terms of relationships. The only chance the AiCon/ShinShi and AyuCon camps have is Gosho trolling everyone. And that is pretty much no chance at all.

I totally understand what you're saying though. :) Some people need to realize that Gosho will, no matter what, pair Shinichi and Ran together, even though he is a troll and has the power to do anything.

By the way, the thing I don't like about debates here (or debates in general) is that people never try to see the light on the other side. They are always consumed by their own opinion that they never give themselves a chance to understand the other person's point of view.

I don't like it when people try and purposefully look for tiny things that have no relevance or are only there, as Kyuu said, for trolling us, as some verification for shipping. I really don't care if people ship things on their own, but I hate it when people try and screw with canon, to make it canon just because they don't like certain characters or like others better.

Question: What do you mean by "everyone in here is completely misusing the word?" Just curious. Do you mean everyone is misusing the word relationships? If so... how?

And as for the second part, I think it is a matter of view point. A lot of the arguments for Ran use what you say, Shinichi's choices as a point of contention to support that he belongs with Ran. While the Ayumi and Ai camps use personality and implied connection to build their argument. Both are equally valid in my opinion, but the former is stronger. And I really hate to quote Harry Potter for something like this but... "It is our choices that define us." I agree with that quote. However, I do think that Shiho matches up with Shinichi better. But that doesn't make a lick of difference, since he will end up with Ran because of his decisions.

Gosho has made it pretty much painfully clear where the end of the series will go in terms of relationships. The only chance the AiCon/ShinShi and AyuCon camps have is Gosho trolling everyone. And that is pretty much no chance at all.

I mean the question itself. "Who is better off with Shinichi" vs compatibility. They don't mean the same thing, and they are being treated as if they do in this thread. To be honest, I think both Haibara and Ran would be better of without Shinichi in a romantic sense. His past actions tend to not speak highly of him being very good boyfriend material. As for Ayumi... I can understand why she's crushing on him, but he's very much not actually 7. D: D: D: They're all compatible with him, though.

I do want to point out that we don't see too much of the daily stuff with Shinichi and Ran from before the plot started, and I think that kills a lot of their development together. I can understand why some people feel it's forced. We're supposed to just go with it.

I do want to point out that we don't see too much of the daily stuff with Shinichi and Ran from before the plot started, and I think that kills a lot of their development together. I can understand why some people feel it's forced. We're supposed to just go with it.

One of the main reasons I don't like it. I'm very stubborn and absolutely hate things being forced down my throat. :P

I used to prefer ShinRan over AiCon but... not anymore. I think if Ayumi doesn't get him I'll sigh and say "Okay... alright..." if Ai gets him. xD

Shinran scenes have the words skida kara dayo which mean I like you. I noticed because skida was in sentences where the sub showed the word like. They said love to move the story along. Check it sirs, its true.

I haven't noticed any scenes where those exact words were stated.

Captured in her eyes :uymera ski da Kara dayo by Conan. But it said I love you in this world,

Magician of the silver sky: watashi mo skidayo, shinichi by Ran and it read I love you shinichi.

Then in some episoded in which shinichi meets kaitou kid l he says

*somethings* skinanda.: I really like red things.

These words were pronounced similarly which lead me to this hypothesis though they can be false as I don't speak Japanese was giving ky own opinion. Then again these except the kkid bit is non canon Sir.

it’s “suki” 好き, and it’s a pretty weird word… it certainly can be used as “like”, but it’s also used almost always in romantic relationships when you’d expect someone to say “love”, though there are a few other variants of saying love that don’t come up as often

If they said aishiteru then we'd know for sure since that will obviously mean I love you

I said this to IHKF too... Japanese is a language based off inflection and implied meaning. They RARELY use aishiteru to say I love you, especially not as teenagers. It is seen as a childish thing to do, same with saying kirai. They rarely ever use it, especially not daikirai, as it is seen as a childish way to express dislike. The Japanese recognize those as powerful words, and thus treat them as things that should only be said in certain situations and after a certain age is reached and the feelings are completely known. Knowing the difference and knowing when and how to use them show adulthood.

I said this to IHKF too... Japanese is a language based off inflection and implied meaning. They RARELY use aishiteru to say I love you, especially not as teenagers. It is seen as a childish thing to do, same with saying kirai. They rarely ever use it, especially not daikirai, as it is seen as a childish way to express dislike. The Japanese recognize those as powerful words, and thus treat them as things that should only be said in certain situations and after a certain age is reached and the feelings are completely known. Knowing the difference and knowing when and how to use them show adulthood.

I see.

The reason that they're the ones closely involved with Shinichi is the most common one isn't it? I mean ShinRan and AiCon Shippers don't seem to get along and that resulted mostly on ShinRan shippers hating Ai and AiCon shippers hating Ran. I myself is an AiCon shipper but I love Ran. Despite the thing on her head (which everyone seems to think is a reason to despise her and I don't), I like her delicateness: the very image of every teenage girl. I love Ai for her uniqueness. Sure there's a lot of other cold anime characters but we like her for her crazy feedbacks. And come one, Ai likes Ran too. Why else should she be interested on protecting her? And some people seems to think that Ran's biggest mistake is saving Ai from Vermouth. Don't they realize that if Ai dies, there would be no more chance for Shinichi to return? Why don't we just stop hating them?

P.S. I don't mean to bash. If anything, I want peace.

omigosh.. I overlooked it. How can I transfer this to the earlier topic? (I'm a novice)

Don't worry. One of the mods should take care of that.

I would prefer Ai but Shinichi and Ran like each other. But there's still a chance for Ai because Shinichi and Ran's relationship is loose.

Yes!It's true and My point is some too you.

If Conan were to stay as Conan, then he would end up with Ai. But if he WERE to be Shinichi again, cured, or something like that, he would end up with Ran.

Yet, we need to face it.

RAN AND SHINICHI WERE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

RAN AND SHINICHI WERE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

He is going to end up with Ran he is too deeply in love with her

Trueee.

I used to be an AiCon fan... Soon, I gave up on this pairing because after so many files there is no chance for an AiXConan ending. Shinichi loves Ran and Ran loves Shinichi.

...but I really hope Shiho will end up with Akai...

I'm wishing Haibara to have her own happy ending too.