Detective Conan World
justwantanaccount

Sherry's Soliloquy

To whoever uploaded the older Sherry picture to the wiki: please look at the standard naming that’s being used and follow it. Edit: And also don’t alter other people’s translations, thanks.

Also looking at it again I’m unsure if the last one means “won’t form a band” or “will the band not do it?”. I don’t know the context.

To whoever uploaded the older Sherry picture to the wiki: please look at the standard naming that’s being used and follow it. Edit: And also don’t alter other people’s translations, thanks.

Also looking at it again I’m unsure if the last one means “won’t form a band” or “will the band not do it?”. I don’t know the context.

Context

Sonoko said that she, Ran and Masumi should form a band 

Then Amuro joins in. They go to practice, but a murder case occurs

Flashback involving Scotch occurs (see last weeks Soliloquy)

The case is solved, but they continue to talk about Masumi's oldest brother and it just cuts off

I'm assuming that the Soliloquy is referring to not knowing whether there will be a band or not??

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2015-12-04.JPG

赤井さんもマスカラつけてるのかしら・・・

|

I wonder if Akai-san is wearing mascara, too…

I’ll get to translating last week’s one eventually… it’s a reference to a really old manga.

^_^

One day, in the far far off future, we all are going to remember fondly when Gosho was exclusively referencing only Detective series' and Gundam exclusively 

rather than a new reference show every 2-4 cases

but for now, we have 1975-1977 UFO Robo Grendaizer!!!

One day, in the far far off future, we all are going to remember fondly when Gosho was exclusively referencing only Detective series' and Gundam exclusively 

Except when he spoiled a big mystery through references of the latter.  -_-

If his real name, revealed in Scarlet Showdown, had been the only one of his two names to feature "Rei" and "Amuro," it would've been fine. The second it was realized that "Amuro" was the name of this new character when reading Page 16 of File 793, it was pretty clear to a lot of people that he'd be Bourbon.

^

千葉刑事リバウンドしなきゃいいけど・・・

|

I hope detective Chiba doesn’t rebound…

Older ones:

UFOっていえばグレンダイザーよね(笑)

|

Speaking of UFOs, it’s gotta be Grendaizer. (laugh)

応援団っていえば青田赤道よね!ちゃんわちょんわ、クエックエックエッ(笑)

|

Speaking of cheering, it’s gotta be Aota Akamichi! Chanwa Chonwa, Kuekkuekkue. (laugh)

^This one is such an old, obscure reference that the only Wikipedia page about it is in Japanese. I think it’s some manga, probably nobody outside of Japan knows about it though, or I’d expect there to be an English page.

Edit: The Aota Akamichi link is broken on the wiki, if someone could fix it that’d be great… http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Sherry's_soliloquy

• Upvote 1

Christmas one:

サンタがお化粧しちゃ悪いワケ?出発前に気合を入れた灰色のサンタより・・・

|

Got a problem with Santa wearing make-up? From the grey Santa who fired herself up before departing…

Last:

やっぱりね❤

|

As expected.❤

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2016-01-29.JPG

私は 「おね」 より 「ねね」 って呼び方が好き❤

|

I prefer “nene” to “one”.❤ (TN: These are ways of calling someone’s older sister.)

Idk if that’s actually what’s meant by it though, don’t know the context so I’m just guessing. “Nene” was supposedly also one of Toyotomi Hideyoshi’s wives.