Detective Conan World
justwantanaccount

Sherry's Soliloquy

The context is

Shukichi is playing Shogi to win his 7th title. Yumi is kidnapped. Shukichi spend break time to save her. She kisses him, and he rush back and win his match.

• Upvote 1

チュウ is actually "Chuukichi", Yumi's nickname for Shuukichi, but what would that mean?

Oh, so it’s another play on words… did Shūkichi request the kiss? If so it’d make sense. Sadly I don’t know how to reflect that into English.

チュウ is actually "Chuukichi", Yumi's nickname for Shuukichi, but what would that mean?

チュウ = Chū ~ Kiss sfx

吉 = Kichi = Luck

ズルくない = Zurukunai ~ not zurui ~ not unfair

So, literally it somehow means: Kiss for luck not unfair?

Also, I think it's just a pun for Chuukichi's nickname. How do you write Chuukichi's nickname anyway? チュウ吉 (kata kanji combination) or 中吉 or something else (pure kanji)? I'm not even sure if 中吉 could be pronounced as Chuukichi >.<

The context is

Shukichi is playing Shogi to win his 7th title. Yumi is kidnapped. Shukichi spend break time to save her. She kisses him, and he rush back and win his match.

I just read chapter 901, but… I saw none of that? If this Soliloquy is about chapter 902, then we missed the one for chapter 901…?

Edit: if the Conan website is to be believed, the current Soliloquy is about the Shōnen Sunday released the 16th of this month, but what chapter of the manga would that be?

Yeah, I figured. You think Aoiyama skipped the Soliloquy for file 901? I’m pretty sure it was never online.

Also guys… I found an archive of old Soliloquies!!! https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.conatsu.com/

I have no idea why no one ever thought of checking archive.org. I’ll work on uploading and translating all I can find.

• Upvote 2

I need help figuring out what manga chapter these old ones could’ve been about… archive.org has the date of the page (for example 2004-07-11) but I don’t know yet how to figure out what manga chapter was out at that point in time.

Mind that the Soliloquy is about each chapter that comes out with Shōnen Sunday, not about the manga volumes so the dates for the manga that are in the wiki aren’t helpful (I think).

Wow this is weird…

https://web.archive.org/web/20110310140659/http://www.conatsu.com/sherry/sherry-2.htm

For this one it says Mar 10 2011, but then going forward to Mar 24 2013 it’s the same picture, and on the wiki it’s listed as 2013-10-05… I don’t know what’s going on here. Edit: I figured out that the dates aren’t very precise. A few are better than others, but it can’t be helped I guess.

Anyway, I’ve added all I could find. The translations are without context, so I have no idea if they’re correct or not; they’re also subject to change if I think up better ways to word them. One of them I couldn’t translate, I’ll post it at the end. Hopefully the dates archive.org gives aren’t too terribly wrong…

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2004-07-11.JPG

まったくどいつもこいつも・・・

Good grief, every last one of them…

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2004-11-13.JPG

女は食前酒ってわけかしら?

So women are just apéritifs?

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2006-04-14.JPG

全問解けたらニューヨークに行けるのかしら?

I wonder if he’ll be able to go to New York if he answers correctly to all questions?

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2006-06-30.JPG

麻雀っていえば、「アカギ」面白いわよね・・・

アニメは終わっちゃったけど

Speaking of mahjong, “Akagi” is pretty interesting…

The anime ended, though.

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2006-07-16.JPG

ゴロ描き慣れてきたわね・・・

He started to get used to drawing Goro, hasn’t he…

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2006-11-23.JPG

ヤラレ役なのにカッコつけて出てきたわね・・・

He’s the one who was done in and yet he tries to look cool…

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2007-06-29.JPG

釣りに行く人は気をつけてね!

Be careful when you go fishing!

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2007-08-06.JPG

「恋の軍略」試してみたらどうかしら?

Why don’t you try using “Love’s Strategy”?

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2007-12-22.JPG

相変わらずイラつくわね、高木刑事・・・

As usual, detective Takagi irritates people…

No translation:

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2005-01-27.JPG

昔懐かしいドジッ子ね・・・

• Upvote 2

Found one more. https://web.archive.org/web/20060615000000*/http://homepage3.nifty.com/y-t/conatsu/sherry/sherry-up1.JPG

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2006-07-09.JPG

どうせなら青子ちゃんも出せばいいのに・・・って、根岸君が言ってたわ

Anyone knows who 根岸君 is supposed to be? Negishi-kun? The translation is something like “Aoko-chan could’ve let it out too… is what ?Negishi-kun? was saying.”.

• Upvote 1

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2014-07-26.JPG

チョーカーつけるなら隠しなさいよ!

If you’re going to wear a choker, hide it!

Can’t tell much from the Chinese scanlation but it appears that a woman loses her choker.

A Chinese file is always in discussion thread no?

She talking about.

Sera

Fujiwara: p.9
Sonoko (about the victim): She's the type other girls will hate …
Sera: Are girls like that?
Ran: You're a girl as well, aren't you?

• Upvote 1

So… where the hell are we with files now? Because I haven’t seen any mention of 905 and apparently the Soliloquy is already updated to it?

300px-SherrysSoliloquy2014-08-11.JPG

受付の眼鏡の娘オッパイ大きすぎない?

|

Aren’t the breasts of the girl with glasses at the reception too big?

Sounds a bit weird I think but didn’t know how else to word it.

that looks like the Soliloquy that would go with 904. Normally don't they update them for the previous chapter once the new chapter comes out?

905 is supposedly released somewhere as people on the DCTP spoiler chat box were discussing that it might have come out a day or two ago, but that the Chinese forums that normally post the spoilers were not able to get it on time or something. 

Hmm… I’m gonna make a bold theory. I think whoever updates the site messed up, and the image “she really was a girl” was supposed to be uploaded for chapter 905 and it’s about the mystery girl. However they accidentally swapped them, and the current image is the true one for chapter 904.

Thoughts?

I’m saying this because the image we currently have for chapter 904 isn’t supposed to be there, because the new one is about chapter 904.

I think the Choker thing was for 902 (end of the Shogi case) and was about Shuuichi wearing his choker were people can see it

the she really was a girl thing was for 903 where Masumi comes out wearing a swim suit and you can see that she does sort of have breasts

then the receptionists breasts was for 904 where we have the suspects moved back to the lobby so the receptionists can confirm who entered the pool area.

I think the Choker thing was for 902 (end of the Shogi case) and was about Shuuichi wearing his choker were people can see it

I don’t think that could be called a choker… is that supposed to be the voice-changer? Was it called a choker before?

Also, 902 is about the kiss scene. Where would you put the “kiss for good luck” image if not chapter 902?

Edit: nevermind, you’re right. My translation of the good luck kiss image is wrong, it was just intended as Shūkichi’s name (even though it makes no sense to go for the double meaning / use the nickname there…). That also solves the mystery of the “missing” image.

Thanks for the help.

I don’t think that could be called a choker… is that supposed to be the voice-changer? Was it called a choker before?

Also, 902 is about the kiss scene. Where would you put the “kiss for good luck” image if not chapter 902?

Edit: nevermind, you’re right. My translation of the good luck kiss image is wrong, it was just intended as Shūkichi’s name (even though it makes no sense to go for the double meaning / use the nickname there…). That also solves the mystery of the “missing” image.

Thanks for the help.

During the Scarlet arc (ch 896, page 12) Bourbon says that one of Doctor Agasa's inventions had been taken off the market. "a voice changer in the form of a choker" which is what he claims that Subaru is wearing. However he didn't realize that the Subaru he was talking to was really Yusaku.

Then in chapter 899 Subaru doesn't hide the choker when the Detective Boys come over. In the last panel of 902, it looks like he is still wearing it without covering it up. Thus the "If you are going to wear a choker, hide it!".