Detective Conan World
Valkyrie

A random story

Hey everyone! I just started to write a random story. Actually, I had the idea for about a year and I finally wrote it down. I just posted it up here to see what you guys think. Please comment! Thanks! :)

PROLOGUE

Aeligran- the affectionate name for the sun, commonly used by people.

Aeligran’s first ray of light broke through the heavy, foliage canopy of the Darking Forest. In response of the signal of dawn, the birds resting in the trees began chirping and the Earth’s creatures began to move. The morning breeze swept through the forest undergrowth, waking up the inhabitants of the ground. They stirred and the forest came alive with its families of animals. They arose from their respective homes and began looking for food.

Then, a silence fell over the forest. Everything stilled and animals looked up. A strange light filled the forest. It was dark and for a second, it became pitch black. It reached all ends of the forest, causing the inhabitants to shiver in fright. The forest became an endless sea of nothingness. There wasn’t a single ray of light to break the darkness of the forest. The animals began to squawk and thrill in fright. Then, the darkness disappeared and the sun’s warm light returned and the animals quietened. They looked around with uneasiness before returning to their normal daily scavenging of food. The forest was restored to its original state. However, something new stood in the shadows of the forest.

It walked out of the shadows and into the light. It was a boy, probably only seven years of age. He was dressed richly in dark furs and black boots with steel tipped rims. The soft, black and silver furs covered his neck and his clothes. His trousers reached to his knees and his pale skin was illuminated in the light. His clothes although not seen was black as well, with silver trimmings. Though it was covered by the furs, there was a curious dark gem set in silver in the middle of his chest. It shined with an ominous light.

He walked regally with long strides. He stopped, looked around and shook his head before moving again. He repeatedly did this at different parts of the forest, as though he was looking for something. The beasts of the forest looked up at this young intruder, wandering what he was doing. The boy’s eyes swept across the watching animals and they trembled with fear for the child’s eyes were as dark as midnight with hints of red and purple sparks in them. Yet, they hold a cold and piercing stare of a predator. The boy smirked at the beasts fright before quickening his pace. His raven black hair that reach to his shoulders flew behind him as the Northern warm breeze blew through the forest.

The boy reached an open space in the forest. He smiled and strode to the middle of the field. The field was circular in shape, covered in lush green grass that was able to thrive in the sun without being shadowed by the tall trees. However, there was a strange black rock set slightly of the center of the field. It was slightly bigger than a dog, with an inscription on it. It read:

RESURGAM DEATHLING

The boy read it and whispered, “That’s right. I will rise again.”

He smiled and touched the gem on his chest. His long, slim fingers caressed the icy, smooth surface of the gem. He looked up to the sky and whispered, “Aeligran is the time near? Is it?”

The sun winked at him and the boy’s face which was as hard as a rock, relaxed. His face relaxed into an easy smile and he turned his back on the strange stone. The black nothingness filled the forest again causing the animals to scamper in fright. Then, it was gone. The animals, hiding in their hidey-holes, crept out timidly and went to the place the boy stood not even a minute ago. He was gone, only leaving behind the smell of lingering death.

FIN

What do you think? Please comment and point out my mistakes! Thanks! :D

Translation:

Resurgam: Latin for 'I will rise again'.

• Upvote 1

Owh my...it's really nice prologue! you have a great story to make from this prologue!

I wanna see the rest!

From the first time I read about the boy, I imagine he's Conan Lol :lol:

LOL. :lol: No he's not Conan. He's an imaginary character. :D Glad you liked it!

Nice!!! keep it up!

Thanks! :D