Detective Conan World
Maurice

Main storyline episodes

I don't think I can watch the first few hundreds of episode again or read their summaries so that I can determine whether the episode is part of the main storyline or not. The reason I need this information is for the "watch" page where main-storyline episodes are bolded. So, let me know right here if you happen to be watching an episode that looks like it is part of the main storyline. That would really help out a lot. Thanks! :)

• Upvote 1

The double episode 48 and 49 on the diplomat's murder case seems to be part of the storyline. Not only does it introduce a new character, there is a new development. Conan finds that alcohol brings him back into his adult body temporarily. I am trying to watch all the episodes, so I guess I can do all the grunt work. ^_^

I am not sure if episode 54 of the game company murder case coud be counted as part of the main story, but the secret syndicate has a shady business going in this episode with some disks containing the names of important programers. Also, this guy code named Tequila appears, who gets blown up by a bomb suitcase. I don't know if this will later be important, so I can't say for sure.

Yup, if someone from the Black Organization appears, it can be considered a "main storyline" episode.

So thanks! I added episodes 54, 57 and 58 to the list. :P

Keep up the good work! :)

When I clicked to see season 17, I found a series of interesting titles: Clash of Red and Black! (ep 491-504) So, I decided to check a little bit of those episodes to find out. And guess what? An entire arc on Conan's attempt to dig into the Black organization with the help of FBI.

Yeah, I noticed that too and thought of tagging them at the time but then I thought I would just go in chronological order (since I'm not there yet), mainly to avoid spoilers. Thanks for confirming they are main storyline episodes though. I'll tag them!

I'm rewatching earlier episodes as well, so I think I can be of some help to this list. :D

Episodes 128 (The Black Organization: 1 Billion Yen Robbery Case) and 129 (The Girl from the Black Organization and the University Professor Murder Case - 2 hour special).

I'll keep suggesting episodes once I come across them.

Say, one question. Do mere character introduction include as main story? If so, 43: Conan Edogawa Kidnapping, and 76: Conan V. Kaito Kid would count as main episodes.

I would say so. It's always good to be able to pinpoint the episode in which an important character was introduced.

I flagged them. Thanks. ^^

For some reason, I feel like Sonoko's first love is a milestone (ep 153: Sonoko's Dangerous Summer Story) :D

Plus, it seems long term, since he appears in another episode.

For some reason, I feel like Sonoko's first love is a milestone (ep 153: Sonoko's Dangerous Summer Story) :D

Plus, it seems long term, since he appears in another episode.

lol... Makoto is awesome... he was also in the episode "Sonoko's Red Handkerchief". imho, they're a solid pairing, even though she's always looking at other guys

Here are two other possible main storyline episodes. :D Episodes 277 and 278 - English Teacher vs. Great Western Detective. Shows Conan's growing suspicion of Jodie Saintemillion.

Episodes 335 and 336. Secret of the Touto Film Making Centre.

Episodes 338 and 339. Four Porsches. Akai Shuichi and Jodie Saintemillion appear.

Episodes 340 and 341. The Secret Hidden in the Bathroom. Some background information about Shiho Miyano's (Ai Haibara) family. Vermouth also makes a small appearance.

Episodes 343 and 344. The Convenience Store Trap. New development as Shinichi finds out someone has been going to his house. Ran also finds pictures of her, Conan and Shinichi inside Jodie's bathroom.

Episode 345. Head-to-Head Match With the Black Organization; Two Mysteries of the Night of the Full Moon. :D This episode gives a kind of recap of the important events that happened during the previous episodes, from episode 335 until 344, so even if you skip the episodes above, you'll still be able to see what happened before this episode.

These are more of character development episodes, but I will mention them just in case. ^_^

Ep 217-218 Meguri's Locked Away Secret: Explains why he wears his hat. (yeah, 218 is not available, but I know Spanish, so I had to watch it in a Spanish dub)

Ep 212-213 Mushrooms, Bears, and the Detectives: Mitsuhiko likes Ai!