Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 801-803 (Bloody Barbecue)

Wow the mystery is solved

and now we have to wait two weeks for conan (agasa) to say that then 1 week to get a next case

PS but that doesn't explain why husband not stabbed in heart?

i don't get the lump of sugar part, i always thought it was being upside down or holding your breath as the third remedy

*also had no idea about the sugar thing*

From what I know, taking a spoonful of sugar will help stimulate the nerve endings in your mouth, which in turn may overpower your hiccup reflexes. So sometimes, sugar would do the trick.

But seriously.... using a knife to try and lose her hiccups.... Is she nuts?

i know,huh? crazy but...acctually it seems like something yukiko would do. go so far as to make a real situation..JUST to scare him and start laughing

But seriously.... using a knife to try and lose her hiccups.... Is she nuts?

She is nuts enough to answer the door in a jack-'o-lantern costume nowhere near Halloween to scare young elementary school kids she met once at a campsite.
  • Upvote 2

She is nuts enough to answer the door in a jack-'o-lantern costume nowhere near Halloween to scare young elementary school kids she met once at a campsite.

.....owww yeah.....

Thoughts on Chapter 802

-So the husband WAS seeking affirmation for self-defense. I’m not sure if my deduction is 100% correct, but I believe that Takushi stole Sumika’s cell phone during the morning and self-placed it near the barbecue area (where he knew that guests would gather up by). So later when guests arrive, he would mention an email that will be coming from his boss, knowing that his wife would broadcast her belligerence in front of the kids. Then when they went inside in search for Takushi’s cell phone (which I believe was intentionally misplaced by Takushi as well), he knew his wife would snatch away his phone (out of curiosity that it really was his boss who emailed him) and call her own cell phone with it (as an excuse for her perusing afterwards). Takushi, being aware that one of the children would show up with his wife’s phone, said something (I will elaborate on what he might’ve said later) that provoked her into attacking him with a knife (and of course, with Ayumi as a witness). With Sumika’s hands occupied with a knife, he probably took back his cell phone (so that he can stop the voicemail after she yells, “Die!”) and then countered her attack by stabbing her right lung (after Ayumi leaves to call the others), thus leaving an impression that it was for self-defense.

-But I am stumped about a couple of things. First, what purpose did the cup of water serve? Did she really have some sort of sickness going on? For some reason, I have a hunch that she has a bipolar disorder and the medicine she possibly took was used to suppress it (which would explain her drastic mood changes). But I’m not positive that this is the case. Second, who sent Sumika an email concerning her health issues? Does the heart at the end of the message insinuate that SHE is the one who’s the cheater? Maybe this could be the motive for Takushi’s stabbing of his wife. Third, why did Conan say, “Don’t tell me… He used that to make the wife…” after Genta’s sneeze fest? Did it have something to do with Agasa averting Genta’s sneezes by using that finger trick? Conan probably realized the trick Takushi used to set off Sumika. Perhaps Takushi mentioned emails he saw on HER phone or something about the health issue she has (not exactly sure what yet), anything that would trigger Sumika’s raging hormones. Lastly, why would Takushi stab his wife in her right lung? If he was trying to murder her, wouldn’t it be better to have stabbed her in the heart, which would have guaranteed immediate death, instead? Maybe it really was a struggle for him; he cannot control where to stab her if Sumika is resisting (and it would be too late to stab her in the heart afterwards if Conan and the kids already arrived at the crime scene).

-And yes, it is finally implied that Subaru Okiya is truly Akai Shuichi!

That is the only part which made my day. Nice observation overall by the way :)

I'm just a bit annoyed that this chapter ended like this, without any cliffhanger... I wonder what will happen next.

I was hoping we would get a peek in on what Sera is doing now. Or Amuro. Or Okiya. The breaks are out of the way at least and since Gosho works on the next chapters during the breaks, something interesting must be in the works. I recall Gosho once saying that Black Org stories are more time consuming on average to write...

Just re-readed File 801. And I don't know if someone has already pointed this out or not; but how the heck did Sera recognize Haibara's voice ? They have never met in person, let alone talking. Does it mean that she's also been bugging them ?