Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 801-803 (Bloody Barbecue)

This file is awesome

i think that the showdown between sera and Ai will reveal new information about akai and ai's sister as well as possibly open doors to reveal what was on the tape Ai found a long time ago. This all should be revealed soon, i think.

-Sera is probably blushing about conan.

-scar akai is defiantly Amuro who is probably bourbon

-it seems Sera knows her brother is suppose to be dead but have suspisions due to her responce after scar akai( i found the "though there's no way is there response" to mean she just is investigating the shadiness behind his death.)

i wonder what vermouth was promised by bourbon, was it not to hurt conan and company and just gather info.

^ Yeah, that "No way" comment Sera had must mean that she thinks that Akai is dead, right? Man, I always thought that she was there to investigate if Akai really died or not, not how he died.

EDIT: Ooh, ooh! I wonder if this is why Scar Akai appeared? Scar Akai is probably investigating if Akai is truly dead or not, right? Then s/he can see the reaction of people close to Akai to check if those people know anything about Akai's death or not! I guess that Scar Akai figured out from Sera's reaction that Sera didn't have anything to do with Akai's death, since if she did she wouldn't be so surprised to see Akai alive.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Scar Akai gave that smile in that department store case because he was sure that Akai was alive based on how he was protected from the BO assassinating him? AKA someone was sure enough about Akai being alive and unsure enough about if Scar Akai was not Akai that the person bothered protecting him from death? (Er, maybe Conan just didn't want to get anybody killed but Scar Akai interpreted that action differently. Amuro did say that he had a lot to learn from 'Kogoro'.) And now Scar Akai is just seeing who wouldn't be surprised by his appearance, to figure out who was involved in faking Akai's death?

*Snaps* This would explain why Amuro didn't know anything about Conan! And why Amuro didn't really look up to Kogoro at first! The fact that Scar Akai sent that e-mail to Kogoro means that Scar Akai didn't expect Kogoro to solve the case! And that he knew nothing about Conan, since if he did he wouldn't have sent that text and would have just left the case to Conan! It all makes sense in all of a sudden why Amuro didn't seem to know anything about Conan & co. - the way Scar Akai behaved indicated that he didn't know anything about Conan & co., either! And it also makes sense to me now that Kir thought that Bourbon was out to gather information on Sherry! If Kir knew that Bourbon is investigating if Akai is dead or not, she would be aware that the BO didn't trust her at all, and she would put her guard up or even escape!

. . . If Kir was the one who suggested that Bourbon's target was Sherry to Jodie, that is;;

. . . Wait a second, if Bourbon gained trust from someone that's not Vermouth (and personally, I've read the Japanese and I don't think that Bourbon was trying to gain trust from Vermouth - if you're a Japanese speaker and you disagree let me know - here's the Japanese in case you didn't know: どうやら、一応の信頼は得られたようだけど…私との約束は守ってくれるわよね?バーボン?), would it be Kogoro? Scar Akai knows that Kogoro was at that department store. Since Amuro was smitten with Kogoro's brilliance, maybe he deduced that Kogoro was competent enough to help Akai fake his death. *Gasp* Is this why Amuro wanted to be Kogoro's apprentice in all of a sudden?! To find out more about Akai through Kogoro?! And why Amuro seemed to stumble into the story?! Amuro didn't take Kogoro seriously, so Amuro had to see the Sleeping Kogoro in action by accident! Otherwise Amuro wouldn't have come across Kogoro at all!

But why would Okiya say that the wolves missed a prey, as if Scar Akai was prey to the BO, if Scar Akai is BO? Also Scar Akai did save Conan in that bank - hmm - though considering Amuro's current attitude towards Conan, I guess that Scar Akai didn't really take note of Conan back then. Maybe Scar Akai saw a child in distress so he wanted to save that child? Or did he just want to get out of that bank as quickly as possible? Both Amuro and Scar Akai have rather rash ways of solving problems (Amuro got into a freaking car accident, and Scar Akai shot the guy holding Conan - compare that with how Conan helped capture James' kidnappers and how Conan and Akai handled Kir). Oh! And maybe Okiya was talking about Scar Akai failing to notice Conan?

• Upvote 2

EDIT: Ooh, ooh! I wonder if this is why Scar Akai appeared? Scar Akai is probably investigating if Akai is truly dead or not, right? Then s/he can see the reaction of people close to Akai to check if those people know anything about Akai's death or not! I guess that Scar Akai figured out from Sera's reaction that Sera didn't have anything to do with Akai's death, since if she did she wouldn't be so surprised to see Akai alive.

The test this time might be to see if Sera KNOWS Akai, not the usual death test. Scar Akai might be deciding whether or not to make Sera a target to lure out the real Akai if he thinks she might might be related to Akai.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Scar Akai gave that smile in that department store case because he was sure that Akai was alive based on how he was protected from the BO assassinating him?

It thought he was just mocking Chianti.

AKA someone was sure enough about Akai being alive and unsure enough about if Scar Akai was not Akai that the person bothered protecting him from death? (Er, maybe Conan just didn't want to get anybody killed but Scar Akai interpreted that action differently. Amuro did say that he had a lot to learn from 'Kogoro'.) And now Scar Akai is just seeing who wouldn't be surprised by his appearance, to figure out who was involved in faking Akai's death?

That's an interesting interpretation. I'll have to think about it.

*Snaps* This would explain why Amuro didn't know anything about Conan! And why Amuro didn't really look up to Kogoro at first! The fact that Scar Akai sent that e-mail to Kogoro means that Scar Akai didn't expect Kogoro to solve the case! And that he knew nothing about Conan, since if he did he wouldn't have sent that text and would have just left the case to Conan! It all makes sense in all of a sudden why Amuro didn't seem to know anything about Conan & co. - the way Scar Akai behaved indicated that he didn't know anything about Conan & co., either!

Sounds right to me

And it also makes sense to me now that Kir thought that Bourbon was out to gather information on Sherry! If Kir knew that Bourbon is investigating if Akai is dead or not, she would be aware that the BO didn't trust her at all, and she would put her guard up or even escape! If Kir was the one who suggested that Bourbon's target was Sherry to Jodie, that is;;

She was probably intentionally lied to, so Bourbon's real mission, investigating Akai's death, could not be leaked in case she was a traitor.

. . . Wait a second, if Bourbon gained trust from someone that's not Vermouth (and personally, I've read the Japanese and I don't think that Bourbon was trying to gain trust from Vermouth - if you're a Japanese speaker and you disagree let me know - here's the Japanese in case you didn't know: どうやら、一応の信頼は得られたようだけど…私との約束は守ってくれるわよね?バーボン?), would it be Kogoro? Scar Akai knows that Kogoro was at that department store. Since Amuro was smitten with Kogoro's brilliance, maybe he deduced that Kogoro was competent enough to help Akai fake his death. *Gasp* Is this why Amuro wanted to be Kogoro's apprentice in all of a sudden?! To find out more about Akai through Kogoro?! And why Amuro seemed to stumble into the story?! Amuro didn't take Kogoro seriously, so Amuro had to see the Sleeping Kogoro in action by accident! Otherwise Amuro wouldn't have come across Kogoro at all!

He had the cellphone number so he knew something about Kogoro in advance. I'm still split on whether Amuro arranged to be at the restaurant when Kogoro was there or it was all a coincidence.

But why would Okiya say that the wolves missed a prey, as if Scar Akai was prey to the BO, if Scar Akai is BO?... Oh! And maybe Okiya was talking about Scar Akai failing to notice Conan?

I think Okiya was joking, either about how they missed him (the real Akai disguised as Okiya), or their prey was "Akai" and they nearly killed their own guy, so Okiya was just being ironic.

Also Scar Akai did save Conan in that bank - hmm - though considering Amuro's current attitude towards Conan, I guess that Scar Akai didn't really take note of Conan back then.

He had to have heard Conan use the voice changer. He knews the robber's plan (because he knew when to take his tape off!), so he would know that voice Conan used wasn't the robbers. Also all the hostages had their heads turned and were listening to Conan talk to the robbers and explain how he figured them out.

Maybe Scar Akai saw a child in distress so he wanted to save that child? Or did he just want to get out of that bank as quickly as possible? Both Amuro and Scar Akai have rather rash ways of solving problems (Amuro got into a freaking car accident, and Scar Akai shot the guy holding Conan - compare that with how Conan helped capture James' kidnappers and how Conan and Akai handled Kir).

My current guess is that Vermouth's promise could have been involved, but yes, shooting the kidnapper would be a great and relatively unsuspicious way to resolve the hostage crisis. I detailed the reasoning in the Scar Akai is Bourbon document in my signature.

The test this time might be to see if Sera KNOWS Akai, not the usual death test. Scar Akai might be deciding whether or not to make Sera a target to lure out the real Akai if he thinks she might might be related to Akai.

Oh yeah! I forgot that Sera just moved to Japan. I guess Scar Akai researched and figured out beforehand that she couldn't have been involved with Akai's death.

It thought he was just mocking Chianti.

My interpretation is this: Ha! You all thought that Akai died, but I know the truth! He's definitely alive! I outwitted you all! MWA HA HA HA!

But this is speculative, I admit. ^^; No matter, exactly what went on in Scar Akai's mind at that moment isn't significant.

That's an interesting interpretation. I'll have to think about it.

Well, since Amuro is keen on being with Kogoro now, I think this means that Amuro is sure that Kogoro (or at least someone near Kogoro) collaborated on faking Akai's death - which means that Amuro must have gained some evidence that Akai is alive. I chose that scene as the "Eureka!" moment for Scar Akai, since I couldn't really think of any other scenes where he would gain that kind of information.

Sounds right to me

Yay!

She was probably intentionally lied to, so Bourbon's real mission, investigating Akai's death, could not be leaked in case she was a traitor.

Yeah, probably!

He had the cellphone number so he knew something about Kogoro in advance. I'm still split on whether Amuro arranged to be at the restaurant when Kogoro was there or it was all a coincidence.

I think that the BO handed Kogoro's number to Scar Akai, telling him that Kogoro was probably involved with Akai if anyone was, since the Kir incident. Then Scar Akai saw for himself what Kogoro's like, and he must have thought that Kogoro was an idiot (Kogoro did those transformation poses and everything). Hence why Scar Akai texted Kogoro the deduction, since he didn't expect Kogoro to come up with one. That's what makes me think that Amuro came across Kogoro by accident in the last case.

I think Okiya was joking, either about how they missed him (the real Akai disguised as Okiya), or their prey was "Akai" and they nearly killed their own guy, so Okiya was just being ironic.

*Re-reads* Oh yeah! Okiya saw Scar Akai, but Scar Akai didn't see Okiya!

. . . Now that I read that scene, it looks like Scar Akai *sensed* Okiya's presence like how Shiho would *sense* BO dudes. Then Okiya backs off and Scar Akai can't find Okiya. LOL I wonder if Okiya ~erased his aura~ at that moment?

He had to have heard Conan use the voice changer. He knews the robber's plan (because he knew when to take his tape off!), so he would know that voice Conan used wasn't the robbers. Also all the hostages had their heads turned and were listening to Conan talk to the robbers and explain how he figured them out.

*Re-reads* Oh yeah! He overheard Conan then, too! I guess it shouldn't be long until he figures out that Conan is behind Kogoro, huh?

My current guess is that Vermouth's promise could have been involved, but yes, shooting the kidnapper would be a great and relatively unsuspicious way to resolve the hostage crisis. I detailed he reasoning in the Scar Akai is Bourbon document in my signature.

*Reads* Oh yeah, I see.

Considering that Amuro is Bourbon who suddenly appears as Scar Akai. Why would he want that Scar on his face? Why not just roam as Akai without the Scar?

Because with the scar it seems like he had survived from that car-fire on the last second and makes his cover about losing his memory and ability to speak more believable to FBI... Or something.

This bit is from Chekhov's theory, but basically, if the FBI knew he survived, they would know if he had any scars and such, right? So, if 'Akai' appears with a burn scar, they're going to react with suspicion, giving Bourbon the reaction that would tell him that they know Akai is alive/helped fake Akai's death.

...You guys are way too amazing. I have no idea what you're talking about. XD I mean, I do, but there's no way I could figure something out like this.

...You guys are way too amazing. I have no idea what you're talking about. XD I mean, I do, but there's no way I could figure something out like this.

Same here. I have no brains for this at all. But well, that must mean we are normal ones then. :)

I think that the BO handed Kogoro's number to Scar Akai, telling him that Kogoro was probably involved with Akai if anyone was, since the Kir incident. Then Scar Akai saw for himself what Kogoro's like, and he must have thought that Kogoro was an idiot (Kogoro did those transformation poses and everything). Hence why Scar Akai texted Kogoro the deduction, since he didn't expect Kogoro to come up with one. That's what makes me think that Amuro came across Kogoro by accident in the last case.

That certainly covers all the facts and plays in to Amuro's other behavior and apparent knowledge well. He must have gained some respect for Kogoro though when Kogoro added info that even SA didn't include in the original deduction. I definitely think you have a great line of thought here. I really need to spend some time thinking about the full implications because this is pretty good.

^ Yeah, that "No way" comment Sera had must mean that she thinks that Akai is dead, right? Man, I always thought that she was there to investigate if Akai really died or not, not how he died.

thats what i'm thinkin, him interpreting that response i would conclude the same.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Scar Akai gave that smile in that department store case because he was sure that Akai was alive based on how he was protected from the BO assassinating him? AKA someone was sure enough about Akai being alive and unsure enough about if Scar Akai was not Akai that the person bothered protecting him from death? (Er, maybe Conan just didn't want to get anybody killed but Scar Akai interpreted that action differently. Amuro did say that he had a lot to learn from 'Kogoro'.) And now Scar Akai is just seeing who wouldn't be surprised by his appearance, to figure out who was involved in faking Akai's death?

this makes sense to me. I considered the smile as a knowing look as well. I figured this scar akai found what he wanted. Okiya apparently found it funny by making that "pack of wolves" joke. Gin felt something was wrong the whole time and when Chanti said he made that smile i'm sure thats when Gin knew that was Bourbon and his look. Thats why he called him Holmes

*Snaps* This would explain why Amuro didn't know anything about Conan! And why Amuro didn't really look up to Kogoro at first! The fact that Scar Akai sent that e-mail to Kogoro means that Scar Akai didn't expect Kogoro to solve the case! And that he knew nothing about Conan, since if he did he wouldn't have sent that text and would have just left the case to Conan! It all makes sense in all of a sudden why Amuro didn't seem to know anything about Conan & co. - the way Scar Akai behaved indicated that he didn't know anything about Conan & co., either! And it also makes sense to me now that Kir thought that Bourbon was out to gather information on Sherry! If Kir knew that Bourbon is investigating if Akai is dead or not, she would be aware that the BO didn't trust her at all, and she would put her guard up or even escape!

Exactly what i'm thinkin! I think scar was suspicious of them post the mall case. Even though he was after Sherry he was interested in Kogoro and company. Vermouth probably made a deal with him allowing him to get closer and investigate them on account he finds Sherry(which would make Gin made but restore Vermouth from her past failure). Bourbon was first there to make sure that Akai's death was wrapped up and there were no loose ends giving Kir her freedom back if he did.

. . . If Kir was the one who suggested that Bourbon's target was Sherry to Jodie, that is;;

Interesting theory! I figured he got close just because of the weird coincidences that seem to be centered around Kogoro and he simply wanted to know was he legit or was someone behind it? I think he found that out after that first case with him, Kogoro made more exaggerated poses(in my opinion) than he did in a long time. Any great detective could have figured out he was sleep and Conan was missing. Adding what happened at the bank heist with Conan, i think Amuro is getting dangerously close to the truth. He may have tried to gain enough trust to find out about the old cases he was interested in, however, Vermouth wants him to complete his mission soon.

But why would Okiya say that the wolves missed a prey, as if Scar Akai was prey to the BO, if Scar Akai is BO? Also Scar Akai did save Conan in that bank - hmm - though considering Amuro's current attitude towards Conan, I guess that Scar Akai didn't really take note of Conan back then. Maybe Scar Akai saw a child in distress so he wanted to save that child? Or did he just want to get out of that bank as quickly as possible? Both Amuro and Scar Akai have rather rash ways of solving problems (Amuro got into a freaking car accident, and Scar Akai shot the guy holding Conan - compare that with how Conan helped capture James' kidnappers and how Conan and Akai handled Kir). Oh! And maybe Okiya was talking about Scar Akai failing to notice Conan?

I think Okiya was making a joke like Chek mentioned earlier. As for Scar Akai in the bank, he couldn't get caught up in the case or the police questioning. Therefore he had to escape, however i'm sure he was aware of what was going on and thus recognized conan.

@Check: Yay, awesome!

@Detective Kudo: Ha ha some of your theories are different from mine (for example I don't think that Bourbon was ever really asked to investigate anything about Sherry), but very cool! Let's all get Gosho licked! ;)