Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 801-803 (Bloody Barbecue)

But, do you really think any BO member would be so naive to show sympathy? he might like Conan and want to be in his side, but he can't just be open about it.

I'd hate that also for the reason that we already have Vermouth. It may work for the story for Conan to have multiple alleys in the Org, but I'm just uneasy about it.

Then what does Bourbon get in return (If Scar Akai's Bourbon that is)?

I'm thinking he gets the freedom to investigate as he chooses and get close to kogoro to look into things for his own inquiry, however he must close loose ends about akai and probably not hurt Conan and company. Or report all findings to her.

@charala Its possible that Bourbon could become an ally, he is definitely not as vicious as others have been and may just be doing what he is based on something that happened in the past. He just doesn't seem as cold as others. just like Vermouth had a soft spot, he seems to have one as well, even if you just base that off of Scar Akai's actions. The fact is Shinichi needs as much help as he can get and based off the fishing theory Akai and Conan used with Kir this theory should be just as valid: the better the bait the better the fish.

Hmm... You have discussed when Okiya will be revealed as Akai. I'm telling my own opinion now.

I think that Okiya will become an ally with Conan&co(including Ai, Sera and FBI). Jodie probably will be a bit suspicious about him(if she somehow finds some similarities between him and Akai) but others will be fine with him.

And after "the final battle" between Conan's gang and BO Okiya, Conan and Kir will tell everyone the truth(BO will never know it and curse how did they get defeated by the FBI that hadn't the Silver Bullet).

Or something like that...

I'd hate that also for the reason that we already have Vermouth. It may work for the story for Conan to have multiple alleys in the Org, but I'm just uneasy about it.

Same here, it doesn't feel right for Conan having another ally in the BO. I really don't think Bourbon is going to abandon the BO for Conan. He just seems to be concerned about Akai right now. He hasn't really started 'watching' Conan yet. And even Conan doesn't seem to be too hampered by his presence. So, we'll just have to wait.

Am I the only one here thinking that the "promise" has nothing to do with Conan and co. at all ?

You may be right..... but then what else can it be? Dark BO deals XD I think that it's something that's not yet revealed to the readers, related to Conan or something else.

I'm thinking he gets the freedom to investigate as he chooses and get close to kogoro to look into things for his own inquiry, however he must close loose ends about akai and probably not hurt Conan and company. Or report all findings to her.

I am thinking that there is LOT more to Bourbon. Maybe he may have some history with Vermouth. If he gets his freedom, it would be like he's working under Vermouth, which i really doubt.

Maybe Vermouth must have helped Bourbon somewhere, or maybe she's using him, as she used Calvados :o

I am thinking that there is LOT more to Bourbon. Maybe he may have some history with Vermouth. If he gets his freedom, it would be like he's working under Vermouth, which i really doubt.

Maybe Vermouth must have helped Bourbon somewhere, or maybe she's using him, as she used Calvados :o

Possible! Bourbon is just introduced, so we can't be sure that we know everything about him..... Vermouth is the type to see her own profit in things, so she might be using him...... interesting theory!

Maybe some kind of sexual relationship is involved *gets bricked*

Anyway, I don't know if this has been brought up, but about the fact that Bourbon hates Akai, does that necessarily mean that Akai also has to know him back ?

Assuming that Okiya is Akai and Amuro is Bourbon, it doesn't make sense if Akai knows Bourbon (unless he has only heard of him but never met); because Okiya would have acted differently after witnessing a BO member hanging out together with Kogoro and Ran, which is dangerous. Therefore, I don't think he's sure of Amuro's identity yet.

Well we know that few people have the liberty of wrapping up a case at their leisure. After all the boss is "causious as hell" . Therefore we can consider her as privledged. Her and vermouth share the trait of diguise and secretcy. This may be why Gin hates then so much because they do what they want and let no one know about it. I assume Gin had a small amount of intel because he figured out scar akai was bourbon. Vermouth is the only one we know that can investigate by disguise. If we assume vermouth helped bourbon disguise as scar akai (which would explain her involvement ) we could also assume that vermouth gave him some backing to the boss for this case and his methods of getting close to kogoro.this may have something to do with the mall incident and deduction. He got curious about that agencys connection with recent incidents with the bo. Whatever the reason we know he is here to investigate everything around akai and maybe satisfy his inquiry on the mouri detective agency and maybe satisfy the bosses questions. Vermouth very well may be looking ovr things and he may have an agreement with her to do this as long as he meets a deadline or protect conan and co or report some things to her?

I think that most likely part of the agreement between Bourbon and Vermouth is that Bourbon will protect Ran and Conan, or at least leave them out of his plans while feeding back to Vermouth what he finds and in return, Vermouth will help him disguise as Akai and with investigating leads on his death.

For Bourbon, Vermouth is most likely his only chance to investigate Akai (he needs the boss's backing and no one else is interested/is close enough to Anokata to get him permission) so he'll have to accept the conditions behind it, though he would probably wonder on Vermouth's connection with Conan and Ran, he won't be able to do anything about it until he's finished looking into Akai's death. Perhaps Vermouth intends to make sure he doesn't talk after that by killing him, blackmailing him or otherwise putting him out of the picture later, though I can only really speculate at this point.

With Vermouth, she knows the possibility of Conan being involved with the FBI after the incident with Jodie and the later appearance of Akai preventing Kogorou being sniped; because of this info, she wouldn't be as certain on Akai's death as the others, but can't give away her reasons why because that would bring too much attention to Conan. Also, Anokata has restricted her movements after what happened in episode 345. Therefore, she has to investigate in other ways and the only other person who seems to be suspicious of Akai's death is Bourbon, by offering to help him and getting the boss's backing, she can look into the incident without suspicion of her own motives and keep Conan and Ran safe in the process. A win-win situation on her behalf.

• Upvote 1

Possible! Bourbon is just introduced, so we can't be sure that we know everything about him..... Vermouth is the type to see her own profit in things, so she might be using him...... interesting theory!

correction: borbon's name was introduced in file 622 which released more than 4 years ago!!

however bourbon's identity(real face ) is not revealed till date.

current popular theories(aka chek's theories) says bourbon is amuro and it is amuro who is recently introduced .

Spoiler pictures:

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2438364.jpg

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2438367.jpg

There seems to be only 2 this time. (Will update if there's more.)

There are only two pictures because it is much earlier than normal for spoilers and this spoiler originated from a different-than-usual source. We are five/six days off the file release date. More spoilers will come in a few days from the usual people.

According to the people in the DCTP cbox who translated...

Haibara thinks about what Okiya said: "Don’t make that kind of face…I won’t let them get away…" which reminds her of something Akai said in the past when he still had long hair...

Akai: "Don't make that kind of face. I'll protect (you), even at the cost of my life."

This is definitely an indicator the arc is getting close to the end. Stuff like this only starts coming out before the full blown fight - like Jodie's memories of Vermouth right before Vermouth's letter came to Conan.

Wow spoilers so soon?

well this is definitely a prelude to the final showdown. Can't wait to watch the confrontation between Sera and Haibara. This should reveal a lot of old history. This may include: Akai, Hiabara's sister, maybe parents, what Akai was doing in Japan back then, Why Haibara's sister got into a relationship, and maybe tell vital information on Bourbon(Amuro). I truly think the only arc that should be left is the bosses...

After seeing that spoiler Im thinking Ai will start thinking Okiya and Akai have a connection of some sort / or is Okiya is Akia in disguise. Then will come the meeting between Sera and Ai. Finally the bourbon arc comes to an end with everything revealed, who is who here. And i Agree with DK that the only thing left would be the bosses arc.

Also im glad too see an Akemi flashback with Akaiicon_razz.gif

After seeing that spoiler Im thinking Ai will start thinking Okiya and Akai have a connection of some sort / or is Okiya is Akia in disguise. Then will come the meeting between Sera and Ai. Finally the bourbon arc comes to an end with everything revealed, who is who here. And i Agree with DK that the only thing left would be the bosses arc.

Also im glad too see an Akemi flashback with Akaiicon_razz.gif

But Ai doesn't know Akai yet, right? Or did they know each other way back when they were still at the syndicate?

But Ai doesn't know Akai yet, right? Or did they know each other way back when they were still at the syndicate?

GAH! Those spoilers make me so happy! >w<

It looks like Aoyama is implying she knew him when he dated her sister. After all, the reason he was dating Akemi WAS to meet Ai and use her influence to get into the BO. And I think Akemi and Akai had to have been going out for at least a few months to a year prior to the current time-line for that to happen.

Also, when Akemi's relationship with Akai was first mentioned in the Clash of Red and Black, my theory was that Ai had her suspicions about him and warned Akemi by either looking into him herself or prompting Akemi to look into him.

I somehow think Ai was rather wary of their relationship, seeing how protective she can get of her sister, and I've always been suspicious of how Akemi (who is a Ran type) even found out Akai (who is a very professional agent) was a spy and just using her to begin with.

GAH! Those spoilers make me so happy! >w<

It looks like Aoyama is implying she knew him when he dated her sister. After all, they seemed to have been going out for at least 2-3 years prior to the current time-line.

Also, the reason he was dating Akemi WAS to meet Ai and use her influence to get into the BO. When Akemi's relationship with Akai was first mentioned in the Clash of Red and Black, my theory was that Ai had her suspicions about him and warned Akemi by either looking into him herself or prompting Akemi to look into him.

I somehow think Ai was rather wary of their relationship, seeing how protective she can get of her sister. I've always been suspicious of how Akemi (who is a Ran type) even found out Akai, who is a very professional agent, was a spy and just using her to begin with.

Well, we do not actually have any prove yet... But let's hope so. lol

Haibara has seen him in person a few times already. One can even assume that they met prior to Shiho's shrinking (like when Akemi and Akai were lovers) and that Akai knows Haibara's true identity. Based on one of the spoiler pics, Haibara does recall a time when Akai told her almost the same exact thing that Okiya told her in Chapter 800. So yes, they have been acquainted with each other in the past.

YAY spoiler^^

i'm glad to see Akemi again,I missed her...

So Akai and Sherry did know each other,but Ai doesn't know that Moroboshi dai=Akai...

This is interesting^^There will be so much drama in the next files XDDD

I only have a question:the line"I'll protect you even if at cost of my life" was meant for Shiho or Akemi or both?I guess he said that line to reassure Ai about Akemi safety...sisters can be very protective sometimes XDDD