Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 801-803 (Bloody Barbecue)

She knew Conan's name when they first met (Can't believe I'm forgetting a lot from the previous cases). Ummm... anyway, they're just random assumptions.Maybe it'd look weird if she suddenly showed so much interest in Shinichi, so she's only acting like any other new student's reaction would be in that situation (or... dunno).

And? Knowing Conan's name backs up that she thought he was a lead, not that she researched Shinichi. Also, Sera isn't exactly... subtle, with how obvious she was about trying to find out more about Conan I think she'd ask more about Shinichi, in line with her previous behaviour when she wants to find out about someone, not act 'normal'. It's certainly possible she researched Shinichi I just find it a bit improbable

Sorry for double-posting.

Full 801's spoiler translation by Zenthisoror from DCTP, for anyone who's interested:

The Professor and the Detective Boys are in the car. They've been invited round to somebody's house.

Mitsuhiko: "Aren't we lucky to get invited round by some people we met at a campsite?"

Ayumi: "Yeah! And all we did was give them some rice."

Haibara: "Well, actually it was because a certain smebody got abducted that the day we went camping got moved around...and we managed to meet the couple..."

Conan: "Well, what could I do? Anyway, why did you come after me as well? You could've left the dangerous stuff to the Professor and Subaru..."

Haibara: "Well, it was Subaru who told me to come too...and anyway, I just couldn't stay at home...thinking about how I might miss your agonising death if I stayed and waited around."

Conan: "Oh, right...but, hey, isn't this the first time you've called him 'Subaru'? Have you finally got used to him?"

Haibara: (Remembers...) There's no need for that face...I won't let them get away. (This line is Subaru's.)

"It's not like that..."

Conan gets a phone call.

Sera: "Heeeey! Conan, wassup!"

Haibara: "Who is it?"

Sera: "That voice just then...is that the Haibara girl?"

Mitsuhiko: "Who are you talking to?"

Ayumi: "If it's Ran, can I speak to her too?"

Conan: "Er...which voice do you mean?"

Sera: "Nah, don't worry about it. I'm just heading to the Agency at the moment...Why don't you bring her as well?"

Conan:"Sorry, going to a barbecue..." (switches off the phone.)

Ran: "Oh yeah, he did mention that he was eating out for lunch..."

Sera: "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Sonoko: "Don't tell me you're targeting the little four-eyed squirt..." (Thinking: "Shotacon")

Sera: "Well...erm...I wanted to meet this Amuro guy as well..."

Ran: "Oh I see...I guess it was dark at the time...and our interviews with the police were separate weren't they?"

Sera: "All that aside, have you ever met her? This Haibara kid?"

Ran: "You mean Ai-chan?"

Sonoko: "I don't like her very much..."

Sera: "What's she like?"

Ran: "She's a little odd, but she's sweet."

Sonoko: "Let's put it this way, she's just like if you took an antisocial grown-up woman and shrunk her down."

Sera: "Like a grown-up woman?"

Ran: "Yeah! Sometime's she makes these really mature comments..."

Sonoko: "She overlaps with the four-eyed squirt quite a lot...but it's not as though she's a Holmes freak..."

Ran: "You've only just met him so you wouldn't know, but Conan, just like Shinichi, is a massive Holmes fan..."

Sera: (Thinks: "I knew that...I've known that for a long time...")

When Conan and co. get to the house they've been invited to, a person in a costume jumps out and greets them with, "Happy Halloween!" The couple are Konno Takuji and Sumika, 34 and 32 respectively... "Didn't I tell you so? That is would go down a scream!"

They have a barbecue in the garden...

Sumika: "It's so much fun having lunch with kids...oh if only there were kids always around...then my husband's bed-hopping tendencies might decrease..."

Takuji: "Hey Sumika! Do you know where my phone's gone?"

Sumika: "No idea whatsoever! Don't tell me you dropped it in some cabaret club again..."

Takuji: "That time was...hey, you looked in my phone then and did something didn't you?"

Sumika: "Of course! I sent every woman sending you a funny message with my own message - "Die! You sneaking, thieving pussy!"

Takuji: "So that's why they've replying recently..."

Sumika: "So that's why you've been coming home late recently..."

They start to argue in front of the kids... (Black Demon: "Why does this couple sound so much like my parents :V ???")

Professor: "Erm...excuse me..."

The couple: "I'm sorry...we're always like this...Don't take any notice..."

Takuji: "Anyway, please help me look for my phone! I'm expecting a message from my section head...Could you try calling it with your phone? I can try looking for it by the sound..."

Sumika: "I haven't been able to find my phone since this morning...I'm sure it must be somewhere in the living room..."

The couple go into the living room from the garden...

In front of the Agency...

Sonoko: "What? You're going home already? Come on, come inside!"

Sera: "I've got things to do...and Kogoro's apprentice seems to be taking a day off from Poirot today anyway...Next time though, why don't you show me some photo albums and we can have a nice long chat! Like about your boyfriend...!

Ran: "Whaaaaaaat?!"

Sonoko: "You're so bright and optimistic, Sera!"

Sera: "Really? Well, there used to be this person in the past who never laughed...I decided that some way or another I'd make him laugh...and maybe from that..."

She spots something and bursts into a run...

Ran: "What's the matter?"

Sera: "I thought...An old acquaintance...was there..." (Thinks: "Of course he/she wouldn't be here...")

From the shadows, a man with a cap, a scar on his right cheek and eyes like Sera peers after her.

Ayumi discovers a phone buzzing away under the garden bench. She goes to deliver it to the couple... She witnesses Sumika waving around a blade...

Sumika: "I can't forgive you! I'll kill you! Die!"

She attacks Takuji... Takuji's on trying to fend her off from the floor... Blood draining from her face, Ayumi runs to Conan and co. "Guys, help! The wife just got a knife and...She said she'd kill him..." They run to try and stop the murder, but on arrival they see Sumika stabbed through the right of her chest and fallen to the floor, and Takuji sitting and looking on, with his right hand covered in blood...

THE END !

NOTE: This is only the translation of the SPOILER, as usual, not the file itself, so the dialogues were shortened and only contain the main idea. It's still very detailed though.

• Upvote 2

OOH!!

Sera's reaction to Ran's comment about Conan being an Holmes fan definitely intrigued me! How does she know? I'll just have to wait...

Hmm. Actually there is a chance that Sera and Shinichi meet each other long time ago.

Well, there is, but you can't prove it. There is no evidence to prove that at all and "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."-Holmes

Ha ha, surely the police questioned Conan's kidnapper, too? I wonder if she described how Conan brilliantly deduced everything. XD I guess that the police just consider Conan to be an unusually smart child now? Probably due to Kogoro's influences?

Ha ha, surely the police questioned Conan's kidnapper, too? I wonder if she described how Conan brilliantly deduced everything. XD I guess that the police just consider Conan to be an unusually smart child now? Probably due to Kogoro's influences?

Takagi: Conan-kun, how did you deduce everything out*blank stare*

Conan-kun: Uncle Kogoro emailed me the deduction and told me what to do, right?*looks at kogoro*

Kogoro:huh???me? *blink* *blink* Mwahahahahah!!!! It wasn't a big deal. It was just as easy as cake. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Conan:(thought: and he gets all the credit again.....)

Sera's reactions totally bug me! She didn't think it was possible that she saw Akai. So, that means, she already had some idea of where Akai was. Her investigating on Okiya makes sense. So, that means that, she has suspected Okiya as Akai from the start and was quite suprised to see something that she didn't expect. I wonder why she is so interested in meeting Amuro??? Her blushing on thinking of him seems really strange. Why do I have a feeling that she knows him.....? I think we are slowly heading to the meeting of Haibara and Sera, which is NOT related to the Bourbon arc........ things are getting heated up here!

Her blushing on thinking of him seems really strange. Why do I have a feeling that she knows him.....?

I think the reason why Sera blushes was because Sonoko made fun of her, and not really have anything to do with Amuro.

Anyway, Genta irritates me, as usual.

If Sera did know Amuro before. She would be able to identified him as a person she met before even if it's dark. She curious because she never met him and never have a good look. And I see her blushing is about Conan too, not Amuro

@Black Demon and User 4869: I guess you guys are right! But, I won't be totally satisfied until Gosho himself tells us what it actually meant. But, I'd agree more with the option that Sonoko was teasing Sera...... and yeah! Genta gets on my nerves!!

Her investigating on Okiya makes sense.

Eehh? Where is this come from?

Actually there are many things that not connected.

Ok. if she is Akai' sister. She propably knows that he is dead (your opinion?)

Even if she has coonection with FBI (propably not) why she thnk that he is alive?

By the way. I dont think Akai have time and purpose to tell his sister in America about Conan, Ran and BO.

I REALLY wanna know what Sera meant by she knew that Conan was a Holmes fan.

Hm... Just read the English chapter! Can't wait for the spoilers for the next one!

XD It made me laugh when Sonoko was like, "Ooh! Is Sera in love with Conan~?"

I finally caught up reading the new manga chapters.

There are a couple of things I’d like to point out about File 801.

-First, for readers complaining about yet another DB appearance, be grateful because Gosho gave you all a 24-chapter break from them (which is an all-time record).

-It’s interesting that Haibara is beginning to feel comfortable around Okiya, who is supposedly Shuichi Akai. Perhaps she is sensing a good/Akai-esque vibe from him (after all, her sister was in love with Akai and vice versa, so the two are connected in a way).

-Sera seems to know that Conan and Shinichi are the same person (she is constantly asking Ran about Conan and his unusual intellect). And I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a crush on Shinichi (as for the blushing, that was most likely directed towards Sonoko’s comment about Conan).

-So Gosho revealed in an interview some time ago that there will be a facedown between Sera and Haibara. In this chapter, Sera shows interest in Haibara by asking Conan to bring her to the agency and asking Ran how she is like. It makes me wonder: Does she know who Haibara really is? Were they acquaintances in the past?

-When Sera said “it’s because I used to know someone who never smiled”, it’s quite evident that she is referring to Akai, who is supposedly her older brother (hence her saying “I thought I saw someone I knew”).

-If we were to conclude that Amuro, Scar Akai, and Bourbon were the same person, then what connection does Sera have with them? Does she even know they are all the same person?

-That is FOUR different objectives that Sera wants to pursue: 1) To clarify that Shinichi and Conan are the same person; 2) To confront Haibara; 3) To find her brother; 4) To discover the truth about Amuro.

-And finally, the case. Why the hell would a belligerent couple invite guests, comprised mostly of children, over for lunch, and then threaten each other with knives? Why try to kill each other now? I’m thinking that the husband “pushed” his wife into threatening him with a knife so that when a witness sees this, he or she can verify that he murdered her for self-defense. The man WAS able to see Ayumi through the glass-door window. It’s a possibility. Or maybe they were originally putting on an act; then the husband took advantage of this and snuck in a stab at her chest. However, these are just conjectures...

• Upvote 4

I finally caught up reading the new manga chapters.

There are a couple of things I’d like to point out about File 801.

-First, for readers complaining about yet another DB appearance, be grateful because Gosho gave you all a 24-chapter break from them (which is an all-time record).

-It’s interesting that Haibara is beginning to feel comfortable around Okiya, who is supposedly Shuichi Akai. Perhaps she is sensing a good/Akai-esque vibe from him (after all, her sister was in love with Akai and vice versa, so the two are connected in a way).

-Sera seems to know that Conan and Shinichi are the same person (she is constantly asking Ran about Conan and his unusual intellect). And I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a crush on Shinichi (as for the blushing, that was most likely directed towards Sonoko’s comment about Conan).

-So Gosho revealed in an interview some time ago that there will be a facedown between Sera and Haibara. In this chapter, Sera shows interest in Haibara by asking Conan to bring her to the agency and asking Ran how she is like. It makes me wonder: Does she know who Haibara really is? Were they acquaintances in the past?

-When Sera said “it’s because I used to know someone who never smiled”, it’s quite evident that she is referring to Akai, who is supposedly her older brother (hence her saying “I thought I saw someone I knew”).

-If we were to conclude that Amuro, Scar Akai, and Bourbon were the same person, then what connection does Sera have with them? Does she even know they are all the same person?

-That is FOUR different objectives that Sera wants to pursue: 1) To clarify that Shinichi and Conan are the same person; 2) To confront Haibara; 3) To find her brother; 4) To discover the truth about Amuro.

-And finally, the case. Why the hell would a belligerent couple invite guests, comprised mostly of children, over for lunch, and then threaten each other with knives? Why try to kill each other now? I’m thinking that the husband “pushed” his wife into threatening him with a knife so that when a witness sees this, he or she can verify that he murdered her for self-defense. The man WAS able to see Ayumi through the glass-door window. It’s a possibility. Or maybe they were originally putting on an act; then the husband took advantage of this and snuck in a stab at her chest. However, these are just conjectures...

Very nice analysis. I don't think Sera knows much about Amuro except what she has been told, but is trying to investigate him as part of a potential chain of connections looking for the one that links to Akai. I don't think Sera knows Haibara originally eithr, but early in her investigation whatever it was that tipped her off that Conan was important to Akai also tipped her off that Haibara was important too. This would explain the interest and deep investigation into both of them. I think Sera was tipped of by the pictures Akai had of Conan and Haibara from when he was following them in the Vermouth arc, which were accidentally sent back home to the Akais when the FBI sent the rest of his stuff home.

Hum, no. They appeared in the last Chiba case (files 790-792).

But Conan is so used to people being dead he won't even bother to check :P

Nah, that's possible, but if the man came up with this scenario in order to have a good excuse (self defense) then he's made a serious mistake letting her live when she can give the game away.

Also, 802 on 4th of January? :o:lol:, great birthday present :x