Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 801-803 (Bloody Barbecue)

"The one who never laughed"

A new case...

A small part translated by Artemis from DCTP:

Page 5-6

Sera: What? barbecue?

Ran: Oh, Conan asked us to have barbecue with them.

Sera: Why not say early !!

Ran: Ah, sorry

Sonoko: What? Isn't that you go to Ran's house to see that guy with glasses? (She thinks: "Pedokon")

Sera: Not... not really. I also want to see the apprentice of Kogorou San, the boy called Amuro.

Ran: I see. It was dark at that time and you came to the station for record respectively.

Sera: BTW, do you know the kid called Haibara?

Ran: Eh? You mean Ai Chan?

Sonoko: I think she is a little hard to deal with.

Sera: What kind of person is she?

Ran: A little odd, but a very nice child.

Sonoko: For example, just like a cold woman becomes a child. She gives you such feeling.

Sera: A woman?

Ran: Yes, sometimes she talks as if she were a woman.

Sonoko: Yes, that's true, She always seems to have same ground with the guy of glasses. However, Ai Chan doesn't look like a Holmes fan.

Ran: Since you've just known Conan, you might not understand. Conan is a big fan of Holmes, just as Shinichi

Sera: (thinks) "I do understand, since long long ago..."

• Upvote 5

The spoilers have come out sooner than expected! I'm a bit disappointed to see the DBs now. I hope that Haibara and Conan give us hints as to what happened after that phone call. Sera seems to be interested in Haibara again. Not to mention the wierd thought she had in her head about someone who has never smiled near her or something. She also seems to hint that she has already deduced Conan's identity. My theory on Scar Akai's appearance is that Amuro (assuming he is SA) might have thought of judging Sera's reaction on seeing Akai and so he pulled up the disguise. He should be happy with the results. Haibara also addresses Okiya as Subaru-kun!! That's surely a positive development! This chapter really seems to give out a lot of information. Can't wait for the english scans!

Is it my head imagining wierd things or is Sera ACTUALLY blushing when she's thinking of Amuro?!

UWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

SCAR AKAI! \o/ AND... WHOA! Another murder... Well, that was expected. :/ Sera surprised me...! I can't wait for the English!

Well now it's settles.

Even I was sure that Scar Akai is Bourbon. So without a doubt - Amuro=Bourbon

Haibara also addresses Okiya as Subaru-kun!! That's surely a positive development!

Because Subaru is da man.

Wow this is fast!

WHAT DOES SERA MEAN, SHE KNEW THAT CONAN'S A HUGE HOLMES FAN JUST LIKE SHINICHI A LONG, LONG TIME AGO?! Does a few months count as 'long, long time ago'?! I thought that she was out to search for Akai ever since she heard that he died! And Akai didn't 'die' until a few months ago, in Conan's timeline!

Sera did react to seeing Scar Akai, though, just like Jodie, as if she couldn't believe that Akai existed - she said "No way, that couldn't be . . . " - maybe Sera has been searching for Akai far longer than I thought? I guess that she got separated from Akai pretty long ago? But why would she know about Shinichi/Conan 'a long, long time ago' if Shinichi/Conan and Akai didn't knowingly come in contact with each other until a few months ago?! Does this mean that Sera's interest in Shinichi is separate from her interest in Akai?!

OMG so exciting!♥

• Upvote 1

Finally this guy shows up again. Also, I think Sera's little thought bubble pretty much indicates she got Conan as Shinichi figured out, and is trying put Ai together.

Haibara calls Okiya, "Subaru-kun". Sounds like an improvement somehow despite the Okiya nearly pulling a gun and scaring her a bit.

Amuro takes the day off and scar Akai appears in front of the Detective agency when Sera is around. Well now we know for sure Sera isn't scar Akai and Okiya isn't scar Akai. We have the obvious choice and a third party left...

Sera is blushing when thinking about Amuro. She could be faking it, but the characters in Gundam they were based off of did have a pretty close relationship so... Somehow I don't think Akai would approve if he saw this conversation.

And we can't forget Sera's someone who never laughed...

Well done Aoyama !

I haven't thought the story could continue in that direction. The real question is "why ?". Aoyama could have ended the suspense.

But I was wrong. Subaru is clean (Haibara trusts him) and there seems to be no reason to still consider him a suspect. I also think it's highly unlikely that Amuro could be Bourbon because he is now the prime suspect (the trick being that Scar Akai may not be Bourbon). That would mean... Masumi ? :shock:

Finally this guy shows up again. Also, I think Sera's little thought bubble pretty much indicates she got Conan as Shinichi figured out, and is trying put Ai together.

Haibara calls Okiya, "Subaru-kun". Sounds like an improvement somehow despite the Okiya nearly pulling a gun and scaring her a bit.

Amuro takes the day off and scar Akai appears in front of the Detective agency when Sera is around. Well now we know for sure Sera isn't scar Akai and Okiya isn't scar Akai. We have the obvious choice and a third party left...

Sera is blushing when thinking about Amuro. She could be faking it, but the characters in Gundam they were based off of did have a pretty close relationship so... Somehow I don't think Akai would approve if he saw this conversation.

And we can't forget Sera's someone who never laughed...

You were right again, as usual, Chek! And I couldn't be happier! I'm so excited!

WHAT DOES SERA MEAN, SHE KNEW THAT CONAN'S A HUGE HOLMES FAN JUST LIKE SHINICHI A LONG, LONG TIME AGO?! Does a few months count as 'long, long time ago'?! I thought that she was out to search for Akai ever since she heard that he died! And Akai didn't 'die' until a few months ago, in Conan's timeline!

I guess it simply means that she also knows a Holmes fan - her brother.

Scar Akai is not Okiya.

Scar Akai is not Sera.

Amuro coincidentally taking a break from Poirot (translated by HADAA from DCTP, I don't make this part up); and Scar Akai appears. Is that a little too obvious ?

Sera blushing while thinking about Amuro... NO NO NO NO NOOO !!!!! This cannot be happening ! I surely hope that either she was acting or it was really not how we think it was. :mellow:

Sonoko, and Ran to a lesser degree, actually give hints to Sera that Haibara is an adult woman.

Also, there is another interesting part that this file, just like 800, has NOTHING saying "Series part..." or "Series Resolution", despite being a filler. So don't worry much about the DB's appearance. It's likely that something interesting may happen soon ;)

By the way like someone told on dctp. Sera blushing after this

Sonoko: What? Isn't that you go to Ran's house to see that guy with glasses? (She thinks: "Pedokon")

Then Sera blushing - Not... not really. I also want to see the apprentice of Kogorou San, the boy called Amuro.

So she may thinking about Conan.

• Upvote 1

By the way like someone told on dctp. Sera blushing after this

Then Sera blushing - Not... not really. I also want to see the apprentice of Kogorou San, the boy called Amuro.

So she may thinking about Conan.

I think so too.

Anyway...

Do you guys thing that the victim is dead or alive ?

*thinkthink*

The Holmes fan Sera is thinking of is likely her brother, but what if she was referring to Amuro? Her blushing intrigues me.

Also is DCTP down for anybody else?

@Kaoko:

No, I don't think so, there's no other evidence to suggest that other than tiny possibilities they met when Shinichi was in America...

@skyechan: Yeah, it was on off all day yesterday, it seems to be okay now though...

@Kaoko:

No, I don't think so, there's no other evidence to suggest that other than tiny possibilities they met when Shinichi was in America...

Oh, no. Excuse me. Not 'met'... Edit: Maybe Sera have known Shinichi in US. I mean, she's seen him somehow, not met him. Like... maybe she saw his deduction on the flashing stage and became interested in him? And began investigating him and stuff... a fan maybe (...or a stalker)?

I thought Conan was a lead to Akai for her, but she didn't originally know about Shinichi because she didn't even seem slightly curious about him at first. Then later she made the link that Conan and Shinichi are the same... but that's just my personal opinion, I sorta think that if she'd researched Shinichi beforehand she would have listened more when people mentioned him...

I thought Conan was a lead to Akai for her, but she didn't originally know about Shinichi because she didn't even seem slightly curious about him at first. Then later she made the link that Conan and Shinichi are the same... but that's just my personal opinion, I sorta think that if she'd researched Shinichi beforehand she would have listened more when people mentioned him...

She knew Conan's name when they first met (Can't believe I'm forgetting a lot from the previous cases). Ummm... anyway, they're just random assumptions.

Maybe it'd look weird if she suddenly showed so much interest in Shinichi, so she's only acting like any other new student's reaction would be in that situation (or... dunno).

Oh, no. Excuse me. Not 'met'... Edit: Maybe Sera have known Shinichi in US. I mean, she's seen him somehow, not met him. Like... maybe she saw his deduction on the flashing stage and became interested in him? And began investigating him and stuff... a fan maybe (...or a stalker)?

The stage case would've been credited to Yukiko or Radish Redwood. Shin'ichi wasn't given the credit for that. The only case related to America he could've gotten credit for was the one on the plane to New York. Akai while in New York chasing Vermouth/the serial killer doesn't know about Shin'ichi at all at this point (he only bumps into Ran), so I don't think it's possible for him to have mentioned Shin'ichi to Sera. It certainly doesn't seem like Shin'ichi and Sera bumped into each other at some point either.

Now it is possible that wanting to keep up to date on events in Japan that while in America Sera kept reading Japanese newspapers or such (maybe also in hopes of figuring out what her big brother was up to). So, technically she could have learned about Shin'ichi through news reports while she was located in America.

EDIT: Haaaah, need to double-check my writing.