Detective Conan World
Akazora

DC Opening 33 -- Miss Mystery by BREAKERZ

She's what you call a protagonist.

Hee! That made me laugh. And you're correct on that point (and besides, she had like, three seconds in the intro. How is that too big of a role anyway?)

I know everyone will feel differently about this opening, but I really feel like you guys are overreacting. The opening was cheesy, yes. But ALL Detective Conan openings are cheesy, in my opinion. And I love their cheesiness. The openings are adorable bits of fluff, and nothing more.

That being said, the angle at which they approached this opening was indeed a bit different from the usual. I wonder if maybe they were not so much trying too hard as they were trying for something new. I love all the openings (even Tear Drops - le gasp! o_O), but they are all very much the same thing (minus millions of boxes of dancing girls). I wouldn't say this new opening is very original either, but maybe they were attempting to achieve something different... Hence the flying words, action hero Heiji, pokemon shounen tantei-dan, goth loli Haibara, princess Ran. XD

Haha, writing all of that makes me laugh at myself, but I really liked each of those silly additions...

No, I don't think they were trying something new. They do this all the time. They try to make the opening all artsy and fancy, but each time these days they're trying too hard. I don't think anyone's overreacting. I like the cheesiness too. But a spade's a spade, and when it looks obvious that they're throwing stuff at a wall, I'm going to point it out. The bad song choice doesn't help matters. And besides, if this ISN'T the worst opening, then which one is?

"I wouldn't say this new opening is very original either, but maybe they were attempting to achieve something different..." is the EXACT point I was getting at. And is also why I came up with the conclusion that they're trying too hard. And it doesn't work at all, IMO. It wasn't even adorable fluff. It was just... a mess.

it's not that bad...come on. it couldn't be worse than others we had.

I totally disagree. While I can forgive the video (as CC said, it is kinda laughably bad), I cannot forgive the horrid state of the song. I really can't. It is frankly one of the worst songs ever used for a DC opening. It is worse than when I listened to the full version of Mysterious by Naifu (I LOATHE the full version of that song). It is to the point where I don't want to seek out the full version. Up until now, I haven't made a decision whether to like or hate a song used for a DC opening until the full song was listened to, but this... this is just too much. I refuse to look for the full version, let alone listen to it. Bad synth, sub par vocals, overly generic chorus, generic title, and it is quite frankly a bland song that they tried to make sound exciting and fell horribly short on.

I say, in lieu of this new song, we, as a community, start researching how to resurrect the dead and bring back ZARD. Sure, it might cause a zombie apocalypse, BUT IT WOULD BE A SMALL PRICE TO PAY I SAY! WHO IS WITH ME????

• Upvote 3

I totally disagree. While I can forgive the video (as CC said, it is kinda laughably bad), I cannot forgive the horrid state of the song. I really can't. It is frankly one of the worst songs ever used for a DC opening. It is worse than when I listened to the full version of Mysterious by Naifu (I LOATHE the full version of that song). It is to the point where I don't want to seek out the full version. Up until now, I haven't made a decision whether to like or hate a song used for a DC opening until the full song was listened to, but this... this is just too much. I refuse to look for the full version, let alone listen to it. Bad synth, sub par vocals, overly generic chorus, generic title, and it is quite frankly a bland song that they tried to make sound exciting and fell horribly short on.

I say, in lieu of this new song, we, as a community, start researching how to resurrect the dead and bring back ZARD. Sure, it might cause a zombie apocalypse, BUT IT WOULD BE A SMALL PRICE TO PAY I SAY! WHO IS WITH ME????

I am! :P

i wonder why ZARD isn't on anymore. i heard one of their band members died. if not than it's proberablt just a rumor but "ai wa...somethin' was a great song. so much i have it on my ipad

i wonder why ZARD isn't on anymore. i heard one of their band members died. if not than it's proberablt just a rumor but "ai wa...somethin' was a great song. so much i have it on my ipad

The vocalist and lyricist, Sakai Izumi died in 2007 :( There are rumors searching for a replacement, but that is a large gap to fill really. Which is why I suggest resurrection. Anyone happen to know the location of the Resurrection Stone from Harry Potter? We could make use of it, and figure a way to sustain her!

and now it's making me hope we have a new ending sequence soon. best freind is good but it's REALLY starting to annoy me and the animation makes no sense

i admit. the animation on the opening could be better, it's confusing as clouds made of candy, and i do agree the song is bad. seriously. but all i can do now is hope we have better ones soon.

I am glad that I am not the only one who found this opening strange! I mean, anime openings are usually a bit silly but this one was not very enjoyable. Maybe since the song was so painful to listen to that ruined half of it. Also, I have no idea why, but Heiji kicking words makes me laugh more than it should.

The song in this opening wasn't bad in my opinion. Good? Definitely not. But not bad either. The animations killed it for me. People have mentioned the Pokemon Detective Boys using X-Scissor to leave the foe Bomb with 1 HP (okay, maybe not that last part), the goth loli Haibara (who struck a pose that reminded me of Fantina from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum), and all that other crazy stuff that made no sense. There's not much for me to add anymore. I have to say, this is the worst opening since, about... Oh goddamn, I can't think of anything that can compare, which is really sad. I guess they tried to go all symbolic and sinister with the light snow in the very beginning while Conan and Ran are running (if anybody else happened to catch that) and the apocalyptic city in the background, but seriously, a quick BO appearance wouldn't hurt, right? I'm not exactly a big fan of Kaito, so it's fine he's absent from this opening. He got himself so many new episodes while Misty Mystery aired anyway. I'm hoping this is a transition opening, like Tear Drops, but considering Don't Wanna Lie that followed it was a special case, and it seemed they actually put "effort" into this opening, it'll probably be around for quite a while. What a way to start the new year!

The music is quite bad, but not to the very awful degree in my opinion. The scenes, however, cannot be any more random. Gothic Haibara posing... or whatever she's doing in the middle of nowhere ? (I think she's supposed to be "showing the way" to Conan, but the Goth-loli outfit makes no sense).

Ran with a dress on the top of the rock ? (How did she even get up there in the first place ?)

At least there is no trace of Kaitou Kid.

I loved this opening.

...Except when Ran fell off the pointy rock tower thing and Conan saved her. >_>

CONAN. STOP. SAVING. RAN. PLEASE.

I loved this opening.

...Except when Ran fell off the pointy rock tower thing and Conan saved her. >_>

Yeah let her die (hang on, that would fight against Conan's mind)

@Tsukiko

Same with me

The vocalist and lyricist, Sakai Izumi died in 2007 :( There are rumors searching for a replacement, but that is a large gap to fill really. Which is why I suggest resurrection. Anyone happen to know the location of the Resurrection Stone from Harry Potter? We could make use of it, and figure a way to sustain her!

No no! Let us perfect the incomplete detective, so that we may raise the dead against the sea of time!

Ran with a dress on the top of the rock ? (How did she even get up there in the first place ?)

At least there is no trace of Kaitou Kid.

I think Ran atop the spire was supposed to evoke the whole 'princess trapped in a tower by the forces of evil' thing, so I'm guessing that the evil forces that separated Ran and Conan in the beginning were the ones who put her up there.

I loved this opening.

It bothers me as well, that Ran's role in this opening was damsel in distress, because it really undermines Ran's true character. More often than not in canon, Conan is the one who is the damsel in distress, and Ran needs to come to his rescue.

That being said though, I liked the intimacy between Ran and Conan in this opening. The two of them holding hands, Ran falling gently into his arms, them staring lovingly at one another... X3

<_<

COULD YOU STOP HATING RAN?! Taku! She's just a character not worth hating for! <_<

Ran on the cliff symbolizes that she's leading towards despair. Cases first before Conan's happiness. Something like that.

And as the other said in youtube,it would be better if Ran falls on Shinichi x"D :wub:

you just have to open your imagination to love this opening

youtube people are agreeable

<_<

COULD YOU STOP HATING RAN?! Taku! She's just a character not worth hating for! <_<

Ran on the cliff symbolizes that she's leading towards despair. Cases first before Conan's happiness. Something like that.

And as the other said in youtube,it would be better if Ran falls on Shinichi x"D :wub:

you just have to open your imagination to love this opening

youtube people are agreeable

By that logic then she should also not be worth defending. Also stories and characters do have an effect on people, so people can like or hate them based on personal preference or personal history with people of similar likeness. You are free to like her, but please do not get angry or defensive when people don't share your view, as it is what is called an "opinion."

Also my imagination is plenty open, still hate the song and therefore the opening by extension.

• Upvote 1

First of all just because people don't want Ran to get saved (like me) it doesn't me we don't like her as a character. And just because we don't like a character it's fine. People are free to dislike y/y? I'm not fond of swimming when there is seaweed, does that mean I need to get burned on the stake by seaweed loving fans? Seriously.

Anyways

I don't understand why movie/anime staff keeps insisting that Ran IS IN DANGER OMGGG!11! for their openings and movies. It's just writing by people who can't write dramatic tension and romantic development without dramatic explosions. Didn't Gosho show over and over that when Ran doesn't really get in the danger- it's more of a gag nowadays. What happens when a criminal threatens Ran? Conan goes RAN I'M COMING TO SAVE YOU before Ran axe kicks them in the face. And when she DOES get into danger she either takes care of it herself or someone will help her out, she's not surrounded by FBI, CIA, POLICE, detective father, lawyer mother, detective best friends, karate friends, millionaire best friend for nothing.

• Upvote 2

Great opening but I don't know why do they have to copy Pokemon? Seriously I hate that anime. And the song is Miss Mystery so they should show Sera (since she is a mystery)

But I like the last ShinRan part though.