Detective Conan World
Southpaw

Favorite pairings?

This is always a touchy subject, since Shinichi has three girls around him. Personally, I favor the straightforward approach:

Shinichi/Ran

Makoto/Sonoko

Heiji/Kazuha

I don't think Ayumi or Shiho suit Shinichi at all, even though Ayumi has the hugest crush on his "Conan" personality, and Shiho is the girl who understands him the best... they just don't have that type of relationship, and I don't think it's ever gonna happen with either of them.

The other two are obvious...

As for the kids, I don't think anyone in the series really suits Shiho, even though Mitsuhiko has such a big crush on her. Because of Shiho's true nature, I think it's more likely for Mitsuhiko to eventually end up with Ayumi (sorry, Genta...). Shiho will probably end up alone. Even though it's more likely for Mitsuhiko to be with Ayumi, all three children will probably end up finding someone outside the group, to save themselves from awkward jealousy.

• Upvote 3

The Shinichi/Ran pair definitely makes sense and is probably supported by about 80% of the DC community lol.

But a good amount of the fans still roots for Shinichi/Shiho even though they may feel deep down that in the end, Shinichi will still end up with Ran (due to the strong bonds they have always shared).

I guess in the end, it's all a question of what Gosho Aoyama will come up with. I wonder if he's the kind to take an entire audience by surprise. :D

Or if he'll simply make sure at least the majority of the fans is happy about the characters' fates. For the moment we can only speculate. And that's what fans are good at, isn't it? ;)

I myself would prefer a Shinichi/Ran pairing but, I also wouldn't mind a Shinichi/Shiho pairing (I wouldn't be that upset). It's also always fun to watch subtle signs of affection between Haibara and Conan throughout the episodes, lol (although they tend to be one-way).

• Upvote 2

I definitely am up to a Shinichi/Ran pairing just like most fans, but I always feel a little giddy with the Conan/Ai (Shinichi/Shiho) pairing. They just seem to fit each other in a different way, and Shiho understands Shinichi in a level that only those who knew their secret would ever understand.

...But I do think that Shinichi will definitely end up with Ran--that or he'll end up dead. :cry:

I believe that Shinichi will end up with Ran.But I also support Ai & Conan,They look so adorable together!

However,I would LOVE to see Shiho end up with Akai!

For me I think they're perfect for eachother,I know alot of people will disagree me but anyways I'm actully working on a site for Ai Haibara & Akai and I'll talk there with some details about the reasons why i love them and those kinds of stuff! :mrgreen:

so yeah my favorite couple will deffenitly be Shiho & Akai! ;)

• Upvote 2

same opinion.. Ran & Shinichi looks so cute as a couple..

he isn't suited for Haibara-san/Shiho.. It's Ran from the start that's why it'll be Ran 'til the end..

other pairings:

*kazuha-chan & heiji

*officer Sato & officer Takagi

*sonoko & makoto-san

i also think kaito &aoko looks cute as a couple..

• Upvote 1

To be frank, I think Ai and Conan have more things in common than Conan and Ran.While there are many factors which brings people together, one is commonality, believe it or not. Plus, I like the Ai character better, especially because it seems like the author bothered to develop her more than he did to Ran. Another reason I kind of don't like Conan's relationship with Ran is because of one of the cliches of romance I hate the most, that is, the whole childhood friendship thing. This device is a fantasy, probably something that makes people feel good, and while Detective Conan is a show mired with fantasy, the childhood friendship fantasy really grates me. Also, relationships are dynamic, and the roles that a character fills in the web of friendships and relationships are always shifting or morphing in some ways. And those changes are unconfortable, and probably it is the reason why people latch on to such devices. It just feels so much better if you were meant to be with someone, no matter the obstacle. But staying separated for such a long time ought to change things.

Yeah yeah, I know, I am applying the realities and complexities of life to an enjoyable detective show for a general audiences of kids and teenagers that wasn't meant to be serious. It's just that when I examine works of fiction, the ones that confront such realities almost always turn to be more enjoyable and rewarding. And it can be done even in children's story, like Bridge to Terabithia, which was a movie that I really enjoyed. Yeah yeah, I know, I am just dragging on and on. :D

i don't think shin ever had a romantic feeling with haibara-san.. there are a lot of episodes giving emphasis to ran shin pairing, even in opening and ending songs, ran and shin pairing is the highlight..

but i respect your view about haibara-san.. let's just wait for the ending of the series.. whoever ends up being with shinichi, it all depends on gosho aoyama..

I prefer Shinichi and Ran... Haibara is like a torchlight between them(no offence to Haibara/Sherry's fans) But I also like Heji and 'Kazuhua' so romantic>.< ;) especially the movie Captured in her eyes. Conan saves Ran when she fell into the tron's track is kind of ROMNATIC! Oh~ one more. When Conan/Shinichi says that he loves Ran more than anyone on world, my brother was so touched that he wish that when he say this to his girlfriend,she would kiss/hug him>.< LOL!

Shin'ichi and Ran

Conan and Haibara

I don't know why but Shin'ichi and Ran makes a good pair especially to the fact that they're somehow near to opposite but Conan and Haibara makes a good pair, too, since they have things in common.

I believe that Shinichi will end up with Ran.But I also support Ai & Conan,They look so adorable together!

However,I would LOVE to see Shiho end up with Akai!

For me I think they're perfect for eachother,I know alot of people will disagree me but anyways I'm actully working on a site for Ai Haibara & Akai and I'll talk there with some details about the reasons why i love them and those kinds of stuff! :mrgreen:

so yeah my favorite couple will deffenitly be Shiho & Akai! ;)

You are mean...LOL :grin: ...Wanting a younger Sister to steal her Elder sisters' boyfriend.By the way, we need Gin to complete tat. Look...Akai is already in the other world...and the only guy who really wants Shiho to be down in grave will be the black org. ;)

I prefer shinichi and ran. they look so nice together. i just hope the ending wont seperate them. i feel that conan and ai are just mainly friends that are in same situation. heiji and kazuha is another nice pairing. hopefully heiji can realise his n kazuha's feelings. i also like to c kaito kid and aoko together. it seems that they are duplicate of shinichi n ran. ^^

Kaito x Aoko

Takagi x Sato

Shiratori x Kobayashi-sensei

Shinichi x Ran

Heiji x Kazuha

Kogoro x Eri

Those are couples i like to see in the end.

Two of them are already together but rest...

I forgot about Sonoko and Makoto.

Edited by Hiko

Shinichi and Ran

Heiji and Kazuha

Kaito and Aoko

Kogoro and Eri

Sonoko and Makoto

Ai and Mitsuhiko

Ayumi and Genta

Sato and Takagi

Shiratori and Kobayashi

Jodie and Shuichi

I agree w

ith you except for one. I wish Shuu will be loyal to his dead girlfriend, Akemi Miyano. sorry Jodie

I agree w

ith you except for one. I wish Shuu will be loyal to his dead girlfriend, Akemi Miyano. sorry Jodie

I thought about shipping Shuu with Akemi, but I decided against it since Akemi is dead (I don't believe Shuu is dead).

I thought about shipping Shuu with Akemi, but I decided against it since Akemi is dead (I don't believe Shuu is dead).

Same ... I don't wish my favourite character will die so shamefully. If he must die, I wish he killed some bo agents before he die. If it must be those who are still alive, I will also choose jodie sensei. But I still prefer Akemi Miyano, without knowing the reasons myself.

Kind of depends on the type of pairing.

Boy x Girl

Mitsuhiko x Ai

Boy x Boy

Conan x Mitsuhiko

Girl x Girl

Ran x Sonoko

Adult x Adult

Kogoro x Eri

Adult x Child

Ran x Conan or (and idk why) Mitsuhiko x Sonoko

I think thats about all for me.

I like:

Shinichi X Ran

Heiji X Kazuha (I wish Heiji would realize her feelings for him...)

Mitsuhiko X Ai (He is so cute with his crush on her. But I don't think it would happen)

Takagi X Sato

I think Shiho (Haibara) will come along with Detective Saguru Hakuba, their hair has the same colour... and not to mention they both have something to do with England (Saguru is from England and Shiho's mother from England), they both has sarcastic sides... besides Hakuba never has a girlfriend, he was interested in Aoko Nakamori and a girl from a case (which in the end revealed she was the culprit T_T), but none of them are interested in him T_T! I think Haibra and Hakuba will make the best pairings! They both has brown hairs to begin with ^_^

I think Shiho (Haibara) will come along with Detective Saguru Hakuba, their hair has the same colour... and not to mention they both have something to do with England (Saguru is from England and Shiho's mother from England), they both has sarcastic sides... besides Hakuba never has a girlfriend, he was interested in Aoko Nakamori and a girl from a case (which in the end revealed she was the culprit T_T), but none of them are interested in him T_T! I think Haibra and Hakuba will make the best pairings! They both has brown hairs to begin with ^_^

Hahahaha. They will make a cute couple...

mabye i'm bad fan but i don't like Ran and Shinichi as couple..

Kazuha and Heiji would be best

Conan and Ayumi - why beacuse they look good together