Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Aeyra

Spanish Chatroom

:unsure: *looks around* this thread feels a bit lonely.. *mutters to herself and sighs*

so well.. *hesitates and takes a deep breath*

¡¡FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!! (i.e. happy new year )*shouts out loud*

*smiles shyly* Happy new year mina-san..

!!!Feliz Ano Nuevo!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (Sorry I don't have the accents :P) Is it possible to put 3 exclamation marks in Spanish??? (Even in English it's only in comics... :mellow:)

Wow, spanish.

We can start learning or teaching alphabet first!~ If no one is teaching, I know some, I can teach if you like me to.

Lesson 1

Spanish does have alphabet like English! So before we can start to learn common words and phrases, let's get acquaintance to alphabets. If you see the underline, that syllable is stressed.

SPANISH ALPHABET

A - ah

B - beh

C - theh

D - deh

E - eh

F - ehfeh

G - kheh

H - acheh

I - ee

J - khota

K - ka

L - ehleh

M - emeh

N - aynneh

O - oh

P - peh

Q - koo

R - erreh

S - ehseh

T - teh

U - oo

V - oobheh

W - dobleh beh

X - ekees

Y - ee greeyega

Z - theta

And try to pronounce them!

Lastly, let's look at vowels. the underlined words are for pronunciation of the letter.

A for gracias - gratheeyas (in length, between a in: English - pat, bar)

E for 1. --> puedo - pwedo (like e in get)

2. --> me - meh ( in syllable ending in a vowel: e in they)

I for si - see ( ee - feet )

O for dos - dos ( o - got )

U for una - oona ( oo - food )

Y for y - ee ( only a vowel when alone/at the end of a word. ee in feet )

Practice pronouncing! Lesson 2 will be about consonants and greetings.

But I guess you both too good to study this basics. :mrgreen:

oh, great topic :D for me it's kinda strange to read the alphabet like that, specially the 'C' and 'z'.

I say iy like this:

C => Se, like in SEnd

Z => Se-Ta, reading ta as in 'tan'

and N it's more like eh-ne

the sound kheh (for G and J) it's like imitate an angry cat ggggggggrrr (without the rrrrr part)

And , of course, we have the Ñ (ñ) => ehgneh, it's the same as "gn" in french, like in d'artagnan.

I live in Chile, btw. Probably the 'Z' like "theta" is ok in Spain.

oh, great topic :D for me it's kinda strange to read the alphabet like that, specially the 'C' and 'z'.

I say iy like this:

C => Se, like in SEnd

Z => Se-Ta, reading ta as in 'tan'

and N it's more like eh-ne

the sound kheh (for G and J) it's like imitate an angry cat ggggggggrrr (without the rrrrr part)

And , of course, we have the Ñ (ñ) => ehgneh, it's the same as "gn" in french, like in d'artagnan.

I live in Chile, btw. Probably the 'Z' like "theta" is ok in Spain.

Hola compañero sudamericano! :D

Quiero unión, mi amigo yociexp86.gif.

"I want union, my friend" or "I want to join, my friend"? :P

:) Keep practicing and you will understand Spanish in rapid speed when they talk.

Lesson 2

This lesson we focus on consonants, as they are many and greetings will be learn in next lesson.

We focus on consonants, so read them first before trying pronouncing each one. Don't forget the underlined one are stressed.

B pronounce same as English B.

consonant for: 1. Bueno - bweno

2. bebida - bebeeda

C pronounce as th

consonant for: 1. centro - thentro

2. como - komo

Ch same as English

mucho - moocho

D can pronounce as:

1. d but it sound less decisive.

2. th, in this

consonant for:

1. donde - dondeh

2. usted - oosteth

G is

1. like pronouncing ch in Scottish, loch pronouncing as kh

2. pronounce as g, get

consonant for

1. urgente - oorkhenteh

2. ninguno - neengoono

H is silent

consonant for hombre - ombreh

J

like pronouncing ch in Scottish, loch pronouncing as kh

consonants for bajo - bakho

LL pronounce as l-y, lli in million

consonant for lleno - l-yeno

ñ pronounce as ni - onion

consonant for señor - señor

qu pronounce as k, kick

consonant for quince - keentheh

R pronounce as r, more strongly trilled like a scottish r

consonant for rio - reeo

RR is strongly trilled

consonant for arriba - arreeba

S pronounce as

1. s, same

2. z, stand for s, rose

consonant for

1. vista - veesta

2. mismo - meezmo

V pronounce as b, bad (softer)

consonant for viejo - veeyekno

Z pronounce as th, thin

consonant for brazo - bratho

Below are the letters which sound same as English:

f, k, l, m, n, p, t, x and y

Next lesson we focus on greetings and vowels.

Hola compañero sudamericano! :D

"I want union, my friend" or "I want to join, my friend"? :P

Hola :) aunque es compañera jaja

Creo que quiso decir lo segundo :3

Pretty good lessons, Artistic Poet.

Jajajaja, ¿de verdad, AntiaAPTX-4869? (Btw, when we laugh and we have to write our laugh -I don't now if I'm making myself clear- we don't write "hahahaha" as in English, but "jajajaja". As you ay now, the 'h' in spanish isn't pronounced). ¿De quién es la fiesta?

(Translation: ¿Really? And ¿whose party is it?).

It depends of what type os spanish you wanna talk. The South-american accent is quite different from the Spanish one. You can distinguish it very easily by listening to the "z" and "c". Quick lesson. With the "c". If it's infront of 'a' or 'o' or 'u' you pronounce "ka" "ko" and "ku". But if you want to make the sound "ke" and "ki", you write: 'que' and 'qui'. Why? The sond of 'ce' and 'ci' is totally different. In Spain we say "the" and "thi". For the "z" is quite the same. 'Za' is pronounced "tha", 'ze' = 'the', "zi" = 'thi", "zo" = 'tho", and "zu" = "thu".

It's the first time I try to teach Spanish so really, if you don't understand just shout. :3.

Jajajaja, ¿de verdad, AntiaAPTX-4869? (Btw, when we laugh and we have to write our laugh -I don't now if I'm making myself clear- we don't write "hahahaha" as in English, but "jajajaja". As you ay now, the 'h' in spanish isn't pronounced). ¿De quién es la fiesta?

(Translation: ¿Really? And ¿whose party is it?).

It depends of what type os spanish you wanna talk. The South-american accent is quite different from the Spanish one. You can distinguish it very easily by listening to the "z" and "c". Quick lesson. With the "c". If it's infront of 'a' or 'o' or 'u' you pronounce "ka" "ko" and "ku". But if you want to make the sound "ke" and "ki", you write: 'que' and 'qui'. Why? The sond of 'ce' and 'ci' is totally different. In Spain we say "the" and "thi". For the "z" is quite the same. 'Za' is pronounced "tha", 'ze' = 'the', "zi" = 'thi", "zo" = 'tho", and "zu" = "thu".

It's the first time I try to teach Spanish so really, if you don't understand just shout. :3.

Si, yo se. Tuve un profesor en ano pasado quien fue de espana. Soy en Espanol 2, pero no soy bueno en eso todavia. ^^;

Pues, no se de quien la fiesta era. mis vecinos fueron muy fuerte... aye... Me gusta culturas de Latin y mas, pero a veces molestando. (lol annoying = molestando?)...

I don't think I wrote some of them correctly. sentence making can be confusing with all of those conjugations...

Si, yo se. Tuve un profesor en ano pasado quien fue de espana. Soy en Espanol 2, pero no soy bueno en eso todavia. ^^;

Pues, no se de quien la fiesta era. mis vecinos fueron muy fuerte... aye... Me gusta culturas de Latin y mas, pero a veces molestando. (lol annoying = molestando?)...

I don't think I wrote some of them correctly. sentence making can be confusing with all of those conjugations...

English is easier than Spanish. Spanish is difficult, I know.

Pero es cuestión de aprender. A mí también me gustaría perfeccionar mi inglés.

I do understand spanish sometimes even though I don't know the words. It's like as if I knew spanish before, but forgot. most of my guesses were quite accurate when it comes to listening. i just have trouble replying or saying something.

pues, mi clase de espanol no es ayudando... NADA. LOL

I do understand spanish sometimes even though I don't know the words. It's like as if I knew spanish before, but forgot. most of my guesses were quite accurate when it comes to listening. i just have trouble replying or saying something.

pues, mi clase de espanol no es ayudando... NADA. LOL

But it has much merit, considering the difficulty of the Spanish language. ;D

Keep it up. :D

¡¡¡¡¡Sigue así!!!!!

El español tiene muchos sinónimos, eso pienso yo, pero es practicar y entender

Spanish has many synonyms, so I think, but is practice and understand

El español tiene muchos sinónimos, eso pienso yo, pero es practicar y entender

Spanish has many synonyms, so I think, but is practice and understand

Yes, you're right.

¿Por qué yo no había encontrado este tópico antes? Tomaba cuatro clases de español, y había terminado el último clase (que era una clase de AP) el semestre pasado. Era muy difícil... Pues, habría sido beneficial si yo hubiera practicado la lengua de español aquí para la clase, pero es demasiado tarde ahora. :(

¿Alguien más se puede hablar español con fluidez?

Why didn't I find this topic before? I took 4 years in Spanish, and I had finished my last class (which was an AP class) this past semester. It was very difficult... Well, it would've been beneficial if I had practiced Spanish here for the class, but it's too late now. :(

Can anyone else speak Spanish fluently?

¿Por qué yo no había encontrado este tópico antes? Tomaba cuatro clases de español, y había terminado el último clase (que era una clase de AP) el semestre pasado. Era muy difícil... Pues, habría sido beneficial si yo hubiera practicado la lengua de español aquí para la clase, pero es demasiado tarde ahora. :(

¿Alguien más se puede hablar español con fluidez?

Why didn't I find this topic before? I took 4 years in Spanish, and I had finished my last class (which was an AP class) this past semester. It was very difficult... Well, it would've been beneficial if I had practiced Spanish here for the class, but it's too late now. :(

Can anyone else speak Spanish fluently?

Topic, in this case, is "Tema" not "Topico" (I think it´s better so the translation). Sometimes We translate word verbatim or literally (What is better? :blink: ) but the translation is fine (some words fail, like me with English XD)

The translation would be:

"¿Por que no encontré este tema antes? Tomé durante 4 años clases de Español y tuve mi ultima clase (que era una clase de AP ("Advanced Placement" may be?. I don´t know how to translate :-? ) ) el pasado semestre. Era muy difícil... Bueno, hubiera sido beneficioso si hubiera practicado aquí el español para clase, pero ya es tarde. :("

In Spanish:

-The subject can be omitted in many sentences.

-The noun tells you the gender and number

-There are more tenses (8 in English (which I have studied) and 13 in Spanish)

What memories of my elementary school :-D !

I know learning a language is dificult and that Spanish may be quite annoying sometimes so... why don't we create a language game? I think everyone is on holidays now so it could be interesting to keep the level till clases start again! :3. What do you think? Keep it up! :D

A alguien de los castellano-parlantes se le ocurre algo? Así, que si alguien conoce algún juego que pueda ser interactivo, que lo deje caer por aquí.