• He's weak at video games
    • He never tells anyone what he is thinking
    • Needs to many gadgets
    • Bratty
    • He thinks he's too mature
    • A playboy (I guess)
    • He lied to everybody
    • Other

the fact that he NEVER cries. i think they made him a bit too perfect.

He does have flaws; He's physically weak, arrogant/ego, can't sing despite having perfect pitch, insensitive, and relies too much on himself.

The thing is like all good heroes the things he is good at compensate for his weaknesses.

• Upvote 4

He does have flaws; He's physically weak, arrogant/ego, can't sing despite having perfect pitch, insensitive, and relies too much on himself.

The thing is like all good heroes the things he is good at compensate for his weaknesses.

This. Bravo, good sir.

the thing that i don't like about Conan is that he doesn't really understand ran...

also that he just keeps makes her wait for him...(even tho i know that he can't really tell her, but i just feel sooo bad for ran she's been waiting for him for tooo long. she deserves to be happy)

I think that stems from his ego, but he thinks he can handle things himself or that it won't hit close to home because of how "careful" he has been (or so it seems at least, I can't say for sure why he does that, I'm just making supposition based on what we know of his character). He seems to trust people just fine... He told Agasa, he basically spilled his guts to Heiji, told his parents everything (the only legitimate one, hell I'm surprised he didn't find a pay phone and call them when this first occurred... You'd think that would be the FIRST person (or in this case, people) to tell, especially when your father has connections and resources like Yuusaku. Why would you tell your eccentric neighbor who is always blowing up his house?)

But on topic, there isn't much I actually like about Conan/Shinichi's character. He has no vices, he is overpowered in intelligence (even Holmes had to do research to know everything he did, and years of it. Holmes was a well respected person in the science field for what he did, despite not knowing certain things because it wouldn't benefit him), he has no ability to actually subdue a suspect when he catches him (and is in fact the only character without such skills, who is a detective or a police officer), his idealism is unrealistic and frankly grating, and his overconfidence is ASTOUNDING (I mean, I know you want to explain everything, but at least do so AFTER the suspect is been at least detained by police, or do it off to the side directly to Megure. Again comparing to Holmes, who LOVED theatrics, he wouldn't unravel his deductions until after the situation was under control. Not doing so allows for... problems, desperate people do desperate things. I really want Gosho to have something happen to him during a deduction, because if Shinichi pulls that with the BO, it is highly likely that either he, or someone else will die in the process.)

So yeah... I really don't like Conan much... This is the only series that I have stuck with that I legitimately didn't like the main character, it is pretty amazing to be honest :P

This is the first time I'm seeing this topic, but anyway. Kyuu hit it right on the head there. Shinichi is very arrogant and surprisingly undeveloped for a lead character that is going on this long.* Sure, we see things from his perspective sometimes, even hearing his annoyed comments, but we quite often don't know what he is thinking or the thought process, all in the name of creating suspense. It's a huge flaw in the series, as it flounders on wanting you to solve cases on your own by giving you all the clues, and then the next case you won't see the omg amazing clue Conan sees, thus robbing you of the chance of making the same deduction. The whole Akai thing? How long of a conversation exactly did we miss between them and Kir? I hate it when a series hides things to create drama later. I'm watching because I want to see everything relevant to the plot. :| The reveal in Detective Conan has a tendency to take far too long a lot of times, mostly in regards to BO stuff, but still.

*Aside from his love of Sherlock, soccer, crimes, and somewhat genial yet standoffish personality, I feel like I don't know anything about him. Besides having been his age, I find it's hard to relate to him, and I was always a lover of books and knowledge.

• Upvote 1

I don't like him either.

Place all of that on top of the fact he's just a jerk to anybody with a lesser IQ than his period and you'll get yourself somebody everyone would just avoid.

Granted, movie 15 made me feel a little sorry for him... but that went away after a couple of weeks. :P

I can't believe I didn't add that in the poll earlier! I totally forgot! crazy-monkey-emoticon-014.gif?1292792381

He definitely does, the number one being that he doesn't talk about his suspicions or thoughts with people so that they go and ruin Conan's plans. See Agasa letting Vermouth and Jodie over after Conan forgot to mention Araide and Jodie were suspicious. Haibara always complains how Conan is strangling everyone around him with his secrecy, and she's got a point.

But yeah, Conan is overpowered knowledge wise.

I agree with Chekhov on this, his secrecy back fires at them at times

Just tried a new FB app. . .

Anyone agree? ^_^

[image snip]

Perhaps start a new discussion thread for that?

I really fail to see the relevance in this topic.  

Hes kinda a hypocrite. 

He's too much of a prevert xD. Best example: ending of movie 16.

Your talking about when he grabbed Kaitos... thing... right?
(or wrong movie?)

That should be an option: He doesn't have ANY weaknesses/Gary Stu character

That's actually what I hate about him..

A bit of an exaggeration, but I agree. He rarely shows any struggles, unlike other characters. For example, in the Teacher Ski Trip case. He doesn't even feel saddened that his old teacher was the killer. That's why I liked the 3 'K's of Osaka Case. We get to see how Conan still has struggles when his idol is the killer. But eh, that's a rare scene, and he's usually a little bit too close to perfect.

He's almost perfect. He just doesn't understand girls very well.

Anyway, since the series is about mysteries, not romance, I think it's acceptable. And the more angsty it gets, the more I love DC and my fav ShinShi haha~