Detective Conan World
Incognito

Secret Santa

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a Secret Santa event?

• Oh, yeah! Count me in!
    • Noo! I don't want any gifts.
    • hmm, maybe..
    • uhh.. watcha talking about?
  2. 2. How would you like to upload your gift?

So who's your Secret Santa?!

Check it out!

xmas%20%2812%29.jpg

Here's some Secret Santa FAQ:

What is Secret Santa?

Secret Santa is a Western Christmas tradition, in which members of a group or community are randomly assigned a person to whom they anonymously give a gift. Often practised in workplaces, or amongst large families, participation in it is usually voluntary. It offers a way for many people to give and receive a gift at low cost to those involved. (Taken from Wikipedia)

Who can join?

Everyone, as long as you love DC and are willing to spend some time to make or search for a gift for your baby! The more, the merrier! :D Remember, once you sign up, it is obligatory to give a gift! Tears are a no-no during the holidays!

What kind of gifts should we give?

Anything Detective Conan, ergo, the possibilities are endless! You may write a fanfic, create an artwork like a banner, an AMV or a wallpaper, search for a DC song that your baby likes, etc.

Can we create wishlists?

Yes, you may! Just make a post here or PM me. I'll be constantly updating this post.

But to make everything more exciting, instead of telling us what you specifically want, list the top 3 DC characters that you would like to see in your gift. (Remember that not everyone is a writer or an artist.) That way, your Santa has the freedom to create something for you with your favourite characters in it! Of course, your Santa can add more if s/he wanted to!

So when do we start?

I say right now! Remember the dates:

November 23rd

I will PM everyone on the list to remind them that they have signed up for the event

November 25th

Last day of signing up, dropping out and/or populating your wishlist. That's 12 days from now so that's enough time for everyone to think. In the meantime, check out the profile of the participants or their wishlist, know more about them and picture what you will be creating for each one!

November 26th

You will be PMed the name of your baby and their wishlist. To assure everyone that we will be paired randomly, I will be using this program: http:// sant.as/ to draw the names

December 18th - 23rd

Gift-giving, yay! Everyone will be busy during the holidays so there's a one-week leeway for everyone to give and receive their gifts. The deadline is also a month from when you receive the name of your baby so that's plenty of time! Don't forget to post here or send me a note where your gift resides, mm-kay?

Uploading your gift:

1) Create a thread in the appropriate section in the forum. Name it anything you want. Don't let anyone know who it's for yet!

2) PM me the link to your gift. (Reply to the PM that I sent you on who you're giving the gift to.)

December 24th

The Big Reveal! On Christmas Eve
, I will update the list with gifts and their receivers.

And there you go! Always remember that with this type of events, it's always the thought that counts! It's not some competition on who gave better gifts to whom but rather a means of spreading some DC cheers and love! ;)

Let the fun begin! ^^

Below are the people who are participating in the Secret Santa event:

1. Anime Girl 4 Eva -> AokoNakamori
  2. AokoNakamori -> Wildheart888
  3. Ro0ose -> JamieDC102
  4. JamieDC102 -> Emiko Seiei
  5. Emiko Seiei -> IHKF
  6. IHKF -> Parkur
  7. Parkur -> Koizumi Akako
  8. Koizumi Akako -> BK201
  9. BK201 -> Anti-APTX4869
  10. Anti-APTX4869 -> Misaki-chan
  11. Misaki-chan -> Ayame Tantei Kanna Natsumi (Shim Cheon Minri)
  12. Ayame Tantei Kanna Natsumi (Shim Cheon Minri) -> yungching
  13. yungching -> Inoue
  14. Inoue -> AiLoveConan
  15. AiLoveConan -> AJ M.
  16. AJ M. -> redangelran
  17. redangelran -> Aeyra
  18. Aeyra -> HalfAngel
  19. HalfAngel -> JustaL
  20. JustaL -> Miike
  21. Miike -> aika
  22. aika -> mabel
  23. mabel -> NutCase
  24. NutCase -> Fuyuka Nura
  25. Fuyuka Nura -> lashedcheek
  26. lashedcheek -> Ro0ose
  27. Wildheart888 -> Shiraz.BO
  28. Shiraz.BO -> Elizabeth Antoinette
  29. Elizabeth Antoinette -> Anime Girl 4 Eva

Bonus Gifts from Cindy-Chen:

You may now edit your threads to reveal your Secret Santa baby! :D

Thank you all so much for participating!

Happy Holidays!

Hi everyone! How's it going? ^^

Christmas/the holidays are fast approaching and I was wondering if you would be interested in a Secret Santa event! It'll be a fun and exciting way to exchange DC-related stuff in the community! It could be a drawing, a wallpaper, a fanfic, a GIF, you name it. What could be better than receiving Conan stuff especially made for you under the tree.. (err, in this case, your inbox ho-ho-ho)

So, what do you guys think?

xmas%20%2812%29.jpg

In order to do this, start off by making a list of people participating in the Secret Santa (make list of participants by editing your first post and keep updating it). Try setting up a due date for all "submissions" for this activity like, for example, by December 11 (2 weeks before Christmas). Next, YOU have the opportunity to randomize who is whose secret Santa, and then personal message every participant who they will be giving a present to. That's when everyone on the list has 2 weeks to prepare their "gifts" for their respective receivers.

So you should start making that list of participants. :) (I'm sure everyone who commented on this topic so far wants in)

Sure. :3 How are we going to do this?

I was thinking that if we get at least 10 members to say 'yes' to the poll, then I could make another thread so people could sign up or maybe just edit my first post. Those who said 'yes' here would already be included in the list unless they wanted out.

We would have a deadline for signing-up say, first week of December, and we would have a specific date for giving gifts, i.e. Christmas eve. There would also be a "big reveal" a few days after Christmas eve so we'll know who got who. We will create rules for sure!

I could make some stuff ...

But how are we making stuff for all the members in DCW !

There are around 10,000 members ! (Bad memory)

We're not gonna be making stuff for everyone, lol! You will be making stuff for the person who will be randomly assigned to you. Of course, the one that will be assigned is one of those who has signed up to participate in the event.

And note that you don't have to "make" it, you could just find something for them. We could possibly create a wishlist so your "Santa" won't have a hard time thinking of what to give you. Or if you want your gift to be a surprise, you could opt not to put anything on your list. But, as always, it's the thought that counts. ;)

In order to do this, start off by making a list of people participating in the Secret Santa (make list of participants by editing your first post and keep updating it). Try setting up a due date for all "submissions" for this activity like, for example, by December 11 (2 weeks before Christmas). Next, YOU have the opportunity to randomize who is whose secret Santa, and then personal message every participant who they will be giving a present to. That's when everyone on the list has 2 weeks to prepare their "gifts" for their respective receivers.

So you should start making that list of participants. :) (I'm sure everyone who commented on this topic so far wants in)

What you said was bang on!

*raises hand* Me! I'd like to participate!

*jumps from seat* *bounces* Me! Me! Pick me, Sensei!

(I had to make it a school scene...)

I think it would depend on my schedule, cuz I might not be able to get internet access around the week of Christmas (I'll be on vacation :P )

I'll write a fanfic. *almost says that self absolutely cannot draw* *covers mouth*

I could do fanart or a fanfiction. But give me more than two weeks. Fanart takes a long time to do. The idea, the sketch, transferring it to the computer, outlining, coloring, etc. etc. Fanfiction takes just as long, even if it's a one-shot.

Wouldn't mind but I'm busy ATM, so I'll have to see about my schedule.

EDIT: Actually...I think I'll do it. :V I'll squeeze out time.

But everyone's going to know it's me if I write a fanfic... :V

Oi, oi. <_<

I write fanfics! But I admit our writing styles are totally different.

Anyways, this Secret Santa thing is a good idea! I might participate if I have time.

For all you busy bees, you have SIX weeks to prepare your gifts, starting today. The two weeks before Christmas is the due date for submission, not the start day of the Secret Santa.

But... Then we'd need to know who we're preparing the gift for. I mean... What if I accidentally drew ShinRan for a ConAi or something? When are we going to find out who we're being Santa for? (because you'd probably want to tell me now, before my procrastination instincts kick in.)

Well if it's a drawing, I think two weeks is enough. We could move the submission due date to November 30 or something, but hey, I'm not the person in charge of this.

Oi, oi. <_<

I write fanfics! But I admit our writing styles are totally different.

Anyways, this Secret Santa thing is a good idea! I might participate if I have time.

Even if I we both write fanfics it's still easy to tell the difference between styles... :V

And I think lashedcheek should give us maybe a date when we have to decide whether we participate, then when we can start submitting it, then when is the final date we have to have it handed in. When we decide whether or not to participate, we wait for a few days to receive the person we're working for. The schedule would be something like:

Novmeber 20th: Final Date to Sign Up

November 23rd: Receive person you're giving to

December 18th: Open for submission

December 20th: If not submitted, receive warning message

December 23rd: Final Date to Submit

Yay! More than 10 said 'yes'! Check out the first post to see details. To those who responded, if your name should or shouldn't be there, just let me know and I will add you to or take you out of the list ;)

I'm in. ! \o/ though I don't really understand the idea of this. O_____o

Everyone who signs up is given a "secret Santa," who secretly prepares them a gift and presents it to them anonymously on Christmas Eve. This leaves you wondering who your secret Santa could be. In the end, secret Santas are usually revealed.

Suggestion (might already have been mentioned and I missed it, sorry if that's the case):

Can we give all of the gifts to lashedcheek through the original PM (DON'T CREATE A NEW PM PEOPLE, IT TAKES UP TOO MUCH SPACE) and then have her hand it out or post it so that it's anonymous?