Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Cars in Detective Conan

that is strange, maybe that is part of the cars "idiosyncrasy's" laugh.gif Maybe thats another reason why he didn't allow Agasa to drive the carhuh.gif

Apparently the handling is supposed to be.... well ... trying to put it nicely.... bad.

Maybe he was trying to counter his good driving through a handicap so no one would notice...

As per Chek's request...

I have identified Chiba's car as a Toyota Yaris 3-door Probably from the 2000s (so fairly new)

Edited with pictures.

Images will be spoilered for size:

manga:

File790_003.png

Real life Arial side view:

2009-toyota-yaris-3-door-liftback-front-angle-top-picture-588x441.jpg

It occurs to me that unless the anime team screwed up again, it is likely the same car from earlier in the manga/anime which is a Fiat 500 compact.

EDIT:

Not per Chek's request I identified Eri's Mini.

I cannot make a definitive ID, due to body and light similarities between models...

I can tell you that it is likely from the Mini Cooper Mark VII production line (ranged from 1996-2000)

It is likely a Mini Cooper 1.3i (which actually had production from 1991-2000)

The year is impossible to ascertain. I would estimate a Mark VII model though as it had the more modern multipoint injection system. And Gosho seems to not give overly classic cars to most characters. Gin and Yukiko are the exceptions. And those are easily identifiable and have significant reason.

bitcar3.jpg

(sorry about the double post)

Well, I found this article a little... Undetailed? Because it says: Heiji's motorbike, and just has a couple of pictures, couldn't there be a bit on appearnces of the car/bike too?

(sorry about the double post)

Well, I found this article a little... Undetailed? Because it says: Heiji's motorbike, and just has a couple of pictures, couldn't there be a bit on appearnces of the car/bike too?

The problem is that it is a work in progress and some of the vehicles have been identified while others haven't. If you can figure out what they are and add information, that would be excellent.

The problem is that it is a work in progress and some of the vehicles have been identified while others haven't. If you can figure out what they are and add information, that would be excellent.

I will. I will add info on some of the appearences of the vehicles. I will start with Harley, who I know best in DC.

We have a guy on the wiki saying Kir's car is a Citroen BX, not an XM. Thoughts?

I looked up a few pictures of the BX, and the BX has that double up arrow thing in the front, next to the headlight, just like Kir's car.

It depends on the angle of the shot TBH. There isn't a good angular shot to be sure.

However... The BX tended to have the yellow turn signal lights on the outside of the headlights, while the XM didn't. Unless it is the GTi...

XM 1990citroenxm.jpg

BX citroenbxfront20080621.jpg

Edit: I just realized I over looked the windshield wiper. The XM had double while the BX had single. So yeah, the Wiki user is right. Though that is the deciding factor. The grilles are identical. And they screwed up the headlights (the BX had yellow lights, which are not shown in the anime)

Edit 2: Here is the car that fits the best. 4746720552_eee901c894.jpg

Its the Citroen BX GTi. Apologies for that initial oversight.

And corrected in wiki. I messed up changing picture last time, so I'll allow someone else to do that.

Edit 2: Here is the car that fits the best. 4746720552_eee901c894.jpg

Its the Citroen BX GTi. Apologies for that initial oversight.

And corrected in wiki. I messed up changing picture last time, so I'll allow someone else to do that.

Can you post info on who/where you got the picture so credit can be given?

Can you post info on who/where you got the picture so credit can be given?

Was from Flickr. Here is the original link to the photoset.

Citroen BX 1.9 16V  1990

Looks like it was originally from autotrader.nl

BTW, that one pictured is the larger brother of the GTi which is the GTi 16V. However, as far as I know they are alike in every way except the 16V has, well 16 valves. So it produces a higher power (and is supposedly more reliable). There is no way to tell if it is an 8 valve GTi or a 16 valve GTi. I just put in the Wiki that it was a GTi and left it at that. Unless Gosho gives more info like he did with Sato or Yukiko, I don't want to do specifics.

I fixed the picture, although I didn't wind up using yours, Kyuu, in favor of one where I could definitely track down the original poster (also GNU licensed). It's a pretty hideous pic, but it definitely is the right car.

I also screenshot a few cars for ID. Jii's, Vodka's, and Snake's

Smart lackey

Jii%27s_car_1.PNGJii%27s_car_2.PNGJii%27s_car_3.PNG

Lackey

Vodka%27s_car.PNGVodka%27s_car_anime.PNG

Dumb lackey

Snake%27s_car.PNG

I found Chianti's bike during the Clash of Red and Black case. It is a Ducati Superbike, although I'm not sure about the specific version.

2urb1pt.jpg

Real image:

2009-Ducati%2BSuperbike%2B848.jpg

Manufacturer's website: http://www.ducati.com/bikes/superbike/index.do

I couldn't figure out Vodka's and Korn's bikes in the same case, however.

As for Vodka's car, I'm pretty sure it's the Porsche 914. Again, I'm not certain about the year/ model.

Vodka%27s_car_anime.PNG

porsche-914-6-10.jpg

porsche-914-6-06.jpg

Porsche-9148-at-Porsche-museum.jpg

@Cider, done and added. I nailed down Jodie's showdown with Vermouth car as a Peugeot 607. A French car fits with the Saint émilion wine red herring name I guess. I also have a new batch of pictures!

Takagi

Suggestions: Detective Kudo: lexus ls400 toyota crown

Takagi_car.jpg

Vermouth - IDed as first gen Prius

Center antenna mounted forward, funny hood shape, some sort of box buttons or lights on the side

Vermouth_car_2.jpg

Vermouth_car_1.jpg

vermouthcar.jpg

Leftovers (credit to whoever uploaded the pictures in earlier posts)

Snake

Snake%27s_car.PNG

London case car (Not sure if it belongs to Juno Glass or Ares Ashley)

Anime photos (Source: Episode 619)

Glasscar1.jpg

Glasscar2.jpg

Glasscar3.jpg

Manga photos (Source: File 747)

Glasscar4.jpg

Glasscar5.jpg

Yui Uehara's car - IDed as eighth gen Honda Accord

Suggestions:

Balthazar: Honda Accord ( year 2008 )

Kyuu: @Balthazar: Nice job on Yui's car. I'm just not sure its 2008. Accords are one of those cars that don't change much, so year is hard to determine. However, I think it was the 2008 model that started that grille design though. If the file came out in 2008 or 2009 then it is most likely 2008. If it came out later 2010 or this past year, then it could be a later model.

Balthazar: Well, the mansion of death and the red wall was in the year 2008 or 2009, cant remember, and the front of that car matches to the one i have found. I checked the early year models too but did not find any car that looked like that

i will check sometimes later to be more sure

Kyuu:If that is the case, then yeah... Because the 08' model was on its way out and the '09 on the way in. Thus it would be more likely for Yui to have that (cheaper to get an older model than new, and traffic cops don't exactly have the best salary). In order to ID the year we need information on the characters themselves as well. Pictures are not enough. Because depending on the money at hand and where they were, could mean the difference. Satou is especially difficult, because we know she was on mountain passes and interested long before her car appeared in the manga (so long as we can believe what Yui said). Which is why we IDed her car as we did.

Anime photos (Source: Episodes 557, 558)

Ueharacar1.jpg

Ueharacar2.jpg

Ueharacar3.jpg

Ueharacar4.jpg

Ueharacar5.jpg

Ueharacar6.jpg

Ueharacar7.jpg

Manga photos (Source: Files 680, 683, 684)

Ueharacar8.jpg

Ueharacar9.jpg

Ueharacar10.jpg

Fusae Campbell's car (No good shots of the car from the manga)

Suggestions: Detective Kudo: 1960's-ish rolls royce or 1960's-ish Jaguar

Balthazar: Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud

Kyuu: 1960's-ish Bently

Anime photos (Source: Episode 422)

Fuseacar1.jpg

Fuseacar2.jpg

Fuseacar3.jpg

Fuseacar4.jpg

Fuseacar5.jpg

Heiji's Bike.

tumblr_lwr2w6aCaV1qfliia.png

tumblr_lwr2wlRVyw1qfliia.png

tumblr_lwr2wgqhgz1qfliia.png

tumblr_lwr2wbS8Yb1qfliia.png

tumblr_lwr2wrDbcT1qfliia.png

@Chek: Good job on the Peugeot!

Do you remember the black car Vermouth drove to spy on Busujima Kiriko in the beginning of episode 425? I think it was a Benz, but I need more pictures to confirm it. Also, can you please find some good shots of Korn's and Vodka's bikes from the anime episodes of the Clash of Red and Black? Thank you in advance Chek!

Vermouth's car as Araide is a first gen Toyota Prius, produced from 1997 to 2003. (Vermouth drives a Prius!!!!)

2000_toyota_prius.jpg

japanese-first-generation-prius.jpg

firstgen-prius.jpg

I believe Takagi's is a sixth gen Nissan Maxima (2004 to 2008)

White-2004-Nissan-Maxima-Front-Left-View-4e1d96e07cded.jpg

Yui Uehara's is an eighth gen Honda Accord, I'm not entirely sure which year, possibly from 2008.

honda_accord.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think you have Uehara's and Vermouth's nailed (nice work!), but the lowest part of the front of the sixth gen Nissan Maxima doesn't match Takagi's and Takagi's doesn't have that line bar on the lower part of the side...

I went searching for Hattori's bike and it looks a bit like a Suzuki RMX, but I don't think that's quite it.

1992_RMX250S_450.jpg

An SMX

2002_SMX50_purple_side_500.jpg

DRZ

2003_DR-Z400S_yell_side_450.jpg

@Chek: Hattori's bike could be any dirtbike, but the one you found looks quite like it. If we had the year the episode was published, maybe we can narrow the search down.

I texted a friend of mine that works at a car dealership the picture of Takagi's car, and we both believe it's a Nissan.

I found this Nissan Tiida/ Tiida Latio/ Nissan Versa. The problem with Nissan is that they have different names in different parts of the world so I'll have to keep digging. These look promising though. Opinions?

1705-Nissan-Tiida-and-Nissan-Tiida-Latio-.jpg

nissan-tiida-hatchback-17.jpg

@Chek: Hattori's bike could be any dirtbike, but the one you found looks quite like it. If we had the year the episode was published, maybe we can narrow the search down.

I texted a friend of mine that works at a car dealership the picture of Takagi's car, and we both believe it's a Nissan.

I found this Nissan Tiida/ Tiida Latio/ Nissan Versa. The problem with Nissan is that they have different names in different parts of the world so I'll have to keep digging. These look promising though. Opinions?

1705-Nissan-Tiida-and-Nissan-Tiida-Latio-.jpg

nissan-tiida-hatchback-17.jpg

This might be it.

I think those screens of Hattori's bike are from movie 7.

I'm confirming Takagi's model. It's the Nissan Tiida Latio (from 2008)

f.jpg

01w.jpg

01w.jpg

Also, I have an idea what Snake's car might be. It's a Benz from around the 60's. I just need time comparing the different models.

This is the W111

Mercedes_W111_220SB_MTP07.jpg

The W112

MERCEDESBENZS-Klasse---medium-2165_6.jpg

The grey car should be Shiratori's car and that could be a lexus ls400 toyota crown?

Jan6_2008_MotorTech044.jpg

its hard because the two pictures look like different cars. the second pic looks like a BMW headlights

The LS400 (Later brought over to Japan as the Toyota Celsior) has more profound headlamps, and the car in question appears to be a bit athletic. Most likely a Toyota Crown JZS155.

no045.jpg

@Cider: It does look like a cross between a Ducati 848/1098.

Hey everyone :) I'm a new member of this forum and I think I might have found Fusae Campbells car.

It could be a Jaguar Mark 2. Like Detective Kudo suggested it was built during the 1960´s.

post-17279-0-74629200-1348662862_thumb.j

I’ve been rewatching this old episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snD_GRm1QKM

and I’ve been wondering, since Gin’s car as a mention of its first appearance license plate, should Agasa’s have it too? at least in that episode, Agasa’s is slightly different to what it is now (has あ instead of ひ, which also breaks the pun I think)

Edited a bit on the FBI vans - identified as the Toyota HiAce/Regius Ace.

(Note: I couldn't find a better black HiAce photo, so Speedhunters will do.)

AY0F7567_eDSM_0.jpg

AY0F7554.jpg

FBI_Van_3.PNG

FBI_Van_2.PNG

Apart from the grill, their headlight/taillight assemblies are strikingly similar.