Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Cars in Detective Conan

for the FBI cars i saw that, besides the Mercedes, there was a blue Lexus ( kinda looks like from the GS series ) and a grey Volvo S80, year 2002 ( ep. 425 ). This is from the anime, the manga was a bit bad to recognize. Also i dont know what model they were

I uploaded pictures for Kir's mystery box in the article. What do you all think it is?

Looks to me like a Citroën XM...

Not a very reliable car... Perhaps that is why she prefers the motorcycle?

Citroen_XM_2_0_TCT.jpg

I don't know the year, or type though. However I will say this... That was from when the company was taken over by Peugeot, so Kir is NOT an enthusiast...

The ONLY reason why I know about Citroën is because of Top Gear UK.

EDIT: I edited the name in the Wiki, but I'm not sure how you want the pictures done, so I'll leave that up to you.

Edit #2: I messaged Chek with some leads on the identity of the FBI vans. It is a ford of some kind... Either E-Series or a Transit, or combination of the two... If anyone has a better idea or can find a picture... Would be appreciated...

Edit #3 was reminded that they numbered hard and soft differently. Fixed Jodie's car and put more suitable pic

I have absolutely no expertise with cars, but I gathered a few pictures of two cars that can hopefully be identified.

Detective Chiba's car

Anime photos (Source: Episode 624)

Chibacar1.jpg

Chibacar2.jpg

Chibacar3.jpg

Manga photos (Sources: File 742, 790)

Chibacar4.jpg

Chibacar5.jpg

Chibacar6.jpg

London case car (Not sure if it belongs to Juno Glass or Ares Ashley)

Anime photos (Source: Episode 619)

Glasscar1.jpg

Glasscar2.jpg

Glasscar3.jpg

Manga photos (Source: File 747)

Glasscar4.jpg

Glasscar5.jpg

Hope this helps! :)

I have absolutely no expertise with cars, but I gathered a few pictures of two cars that can hopefully be identified.

Detective Chiba's car

Anime photos (Source: Episode 624)

Chibacar1.jpg

Chibacar2.jpg

Chibacar3.jpg

Manga photos (Sources: File 742, 790)

Chibacar4.jpg

Chibacar5.jpg

Chibacar6.jpg

London case car (Not sure if it belongs to Juno Glass or Ares Ashley)

Anime photos (Source: Episode 619)

Glasscar1.jpg

Glasscar2.jpg

Glasscar3.jpg

Manga photos (Source: File 747)

Glasscar4.jpg

Glasscar5.jpg

Hope this helps! :)

Chiba seems to be rocking a Fiat. The London case car I'm not sure... Not enough good angles, and luxury cars tend to look similar enough in ink and animation to not be able to tell without the make.

Chiba seems to be rocking a Fiat. The London case car I'm not sure... Not enough good angles, and luxury cars tend to look similar enough in ink and animation to not be able to tell without the make.

Chiba's car Fiats new 500 sub compact

6244246-200x116.jpg

I think you guys are right about Chiba's car. Thanks! :)

Here are two more cars. The second car's photos seem slightly inconsistent with each other, however, so I'm not sure how accurate they are.

Yui Uehara's car

Anime photos (Source: Episodes 557, 558)

Ueharacar1.jpg

Ueharacar2.jpg

Ueharacar3.jpg

Ueharacar4.jpg

Ueharacar5.jpg

Ueharacar6.jpg

Ueharacar7.jpg

Manga photos (Source: Files 680, 683, 684)

Ueharacar8.jpg

Ueharacar9.jpg

Ueharacar10.jpg

Fusae Campbell's car (No good shots of the car from the manga)

Anime photos (Source: Episode 422)

Fuseacar1.jpg

Fuseacar2.jpg

Fuseacar3.jpg

Fuseacar4.jpg

Fuseacar5.jpg

Hmm... about 'Jodie's car'... If I remember right that car belongs to Black.

In Kir's case Jodie said that her boss can give a ride and in at Haido central hospital Black said that Jodie and Camel can take his car when they were going to take that bomb away from the hospital... And it was always the same car.

• Upvote 1

i really like agasa's beetle........its soo cute

Please note, this is WIKI discussion board. The point of this is to identify the cars and find RL and anime/manga pictures of said cars. Any discussions should pertain to that. If you want to discuss how much you like a character's car, please make a thread in the General Detective Conan board.

@Balthazar: Nice job on Yui's car. I'm just not sure its 2008. Accords are one of those cars that don't change much, so year is hard to determine. However, I think it was the 2008 model that started that grille design though. If the file came out in 2008 or 2009 then it is most likely 2008. If it came out later 2010 or this past year, then it could be a later model.

Btw...

Here are some possibilities for the FBI Vans... I know they are Ford...

http://www.allenfordhypermarket.com/flash/595x491_Tourneo.jpg

http://www.ferrari-insight.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Ford-E-series-31.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Ford_Transit_side_20020526.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/Ford_Transit_front_20020526.jpg/800px-Ford_Transit_front_20020526.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/Ford_Transit_rear_20020526.jpg/800px-Ford_Transit_rear_20020526.jpg

I think they screwed up the grill for the vans is all...

I think the latter two are actually it... the E-series and Transit. I think they put the Transit hood and grill on both though.

I think I got the middle and the right side pictures! Ford Transit. Just the grill is slightly off... The one on the far left I think is an E-Series as in the first picture. That has to have regular doors which is in the E-Series... Transit has sliding. The hoods and grills are what is making it difficult. But look at those last three pictures and tell me that the shape, windows, and rear are not all identical to the pictures (with slight variation in scale)

@Balthazar: Nice job on Yui's car. I'm just not sure its 2008. Accords are one of those cars that don't change much, so year is hard to determine. However, I think it was the 2008 model that started that grille design though. If the file came out in 2008 or 2009 then it is most likely 2008. If it came out later 2010 or this past year, then it could be a later model.

Well, the mansion of death and the red wall was in the year 2008 or 2009, cant remember, and the front of that car matches to the one i have found. I checked the early year models too but did not find any car that looked like that

i will check sometimes later to be more sure

Well, the mansion of death and the red wall was in the year 2008 or 2009, cant remember, and the front of that car matches to the one i have found. I checked the early year models too but did not find any car that looked like that

i will check sometimes later to be more sure

If that is the case, then yeah... Because the 08' model was on its way out and the '09 on the way in. Thus it would be more likely for Yui to have that (cheaper to get an older model than new, and traffic cops don't exactly have the best salary). In order to ID the year we need information on the characters themselves as well. Pictures are not enough. Because depending on the money at hand and where they were, could mean the difference. Satou is especially difficult, because we know she was on mountain passes and interested long before her car appeared in the manga (so long as we can believe what Yui said). Which is why we IDed her car as we did.

Btw...

Here are some possibilities for the FBI Vans... I know they are Ford...

http://www.allenford...491_Tourneo.jpg

http://www.ferrari-i...E-series-31.jpg

http://upload.wikime...de_20020526.jpg

http://upload.wikime...nt_20020526.jpg

http://upload.wikime...ar_20020526.jpg

I think they screwed up the grill for the vans is all...

I think the latter two are actually it... the E-series and Transit. I think they put the Transit hood and grill on both though.

I think I got the middle and the right side pictures! Ford Transit. Just the grill is slightly off... The one on the far left I think is an E-Series as in the first picture. That has to have regular doors which is in the E-Series... Transit has sliding. The hoods and grills are what is making it difficult. But look at those last three pictures and tell me that the shape, windows, and rear are not all identical to the pictures (with slight variation in scale)

The firs picture of the van looks the one from the clash series to me, the second picture has a chance too. The last three dont seem like the ones to me

The firs picture of the van looks the one from the clash series to me, the second picture has a chance too. The last three dont seem like the ones to me

Again, none of them look perfect. I'm pretty sure its a screw up on the part of either Gosho or the Anime team. Which it is, I can't say.

However, according to those pictures, I think the last three are as close as we are going to get. I could in theory look through all the different models of E-Series, but that would take forever. But if you would like, you can look through that. I just looked up general from those names. I initially pegged them as E-Series and Transit. Really, they are more of a mash-up than anything, I've never seen any vans that look exactly like those. Not at car shows, not on the streets, not on the internet. The pics I have posted are the closest I have found thus far.

Anyone who knows that episode which insert Genta sitting on sato's car. Sato said that her car is Infini. It's special edition of RX-7

Here is part of WIkipedia article:

Australian Motors Mazda released a limited run of 250 'Sports' model Series 4 RX-7's; each with no power steering, power windows or rear wiper as an attempt to reduce the weight of the car. In Japan, there was a special limited release of the FC called Infini with only 600 made for each year. Some special noted features for all Infini series are: infini logo on the back, upgraded suspension, upgraded ECU, higher horsepower, lightened weight, 15" BBS aluminum alloy wheels, Infini logo steering wheel, aero bumper kits, bronze colored window glass, floor bar on the passenger side, aluminum bonnet with scoop, flare and holder. The car was thought as the pinnacle of the RX-7 series (until the FD came out). The Infini IV came with other special items such as black bucket seats, 16" BBS wheels, Knee pads, and all the other items mentioned before. There are differing years for the Infini, which noted the series. Series I was introduced in 1987, Series II was introduced in 1988, Series III was introduced in 1990, and Series IV was introduced in 1991. Series I and II came in White or Black, Series III came in Forest Green only, and Series IV came in Forest Green or Noble Green. There are only minor differences between the series, the biggest change which was from the Series II being an S4 (1986–1988) and the Series III and IV being an S5 (1989–1991).

Anyone who knows that episode which insert Genta sitting on sato's car. Sato said that her car is Infini. It's special edition of RX-7

Here is part of WIkipedia article:

Australian Motors Mazda released a limited run of 250 'Sports' model Series 4 RX-7's; each with no power steering, power windows or rear wiper as an attempt to reduce the weight of the car. In Japan, there was a special limited release of the FC called Infini with only 600 made for each year. Some special noted features for all Infini series are: infini logo on the back, upgraded suspension, upgraded ECU, higher horsepower, lightened weight, 15" BBS aluminum alloy wheels, Infini logo steering wheel, aero bumper kits, bronze colored window glass, floor bar on the passenger side, aluminum bonnet with scoop, flare and holder. The car was thought as the pinnacle of the RX-7 series (until the FD came out). The Infini IV came with other special items such as black bucket seats, 16" BBS wheels, Knee pads, and all the other items mentioned before. There are differing years for the Infini, which noted the series. Series I was introduced in 1987, Series II was introduced in 1988, Series III was introduced in 1990, and Series IV was introduced in 1991. Series I and II came in White or Black, Series III came in Forest Green only, and Series IV came in Forest Green or Noble Green. There are only minor differences between the series, the biggest change which was from the Series II being an S4 (1986–1988) and the Series III and IV being an S5 (1989–1991).

Well aware, but we are going by info in the manga only. If you can find the manga case that would be better, but I'm pretty sure she has an FD, and is mentioned to be an FD several times.

Okiya's car, just the front view for now, but I'll get some more images of it as soon as I can (the best ones are probably not out yet :lol: very spoilery)

Okiyascar1.png

Also, another image of Sera's motorbike

Serasmotorbike.png

I'm not that knowledgeable about cars and stuff so I've no idea what Okiya's is, sorry... :/

ok I found that case. Sato said in volume 43 in file 436 that her car is Anfini (I said Infini cuz I have red only Finnish translation, Sorry). Here is link to that: http://www.mangareader.net/139-8482-6/detective-conan/chapter-436.html

It's on page 6

And here is part Wikipedia's article: Series 6 (1992–1995) was exported throughout the world and had the highest sales. In Japan, Mazda sold the RX-7 through its Efini brand as the Efini RX-7. Models in Japan included the Type R, the top-of-the-range Type RZ, the Type RB, the A-spec and the Touring X, which came with a 4-speed automatic reducing power to 255 PS (188 kW; 252 hp). The others ran on the standard 265 PS (195 kW; 261 hp) engine with a 5-speed manual gearbox. Only the 1993–1995 model years were sold in the U.S. and Canada. Series 6 came with 255 PS (188 kW; 252 hp) and 294 N·m (217 ft·lbf). In the UK only 124 examples of this model were sold through the official Mazda network. Only one spec. was available and this included twin oil-coolers, electric sunroof, cruise control and the rear storage bins in place of the back seats.

ok I found that case. Sato said in volume 43 in file 436 that her car is Anfini (I said Infini cuz I have red only Finnish translation, Sorry). Here is link to that: http://www.mangareader.net/139-8482-6/detective-conan/chapter-436.html

It's on page 6

And here is part Wikipedia's article: Series 6 (1992–1995) was exported throughout the world and had the highest sales. In Japan, Mazda sold the RX-7 through its Efini brand as the Efini RX-7. Models in Japan included the Type R, the top-of-the-range Type RZ, the Type RB, the A-spec and the Touring X, which came with a 4-speed automatic reducing power to 255 PS (188 kW; 252 hp). The others ran on the standard 265 PS (195 kW; 261 hp) engine with a 5-speed manual gearbox. Only the 1993–1995 model years were sold in the U.S. and Canada. Series 6 came with 255 PS (188 kW; 252 hp) and 294 N·m (217 ft·lbf). In the UK only 124 examples of this model were sold through the official Mazda network. Only one spec. was available and this included twin oil-coolers, electric sunroof, cruise control and the rear storage bins in place of the back seats.

LMAO! That means we were right, we just didn't get the specific branding right! That is hilarious. Though we should probably try to find a picture of it... Though those pictures are harder to find... You can change the Wiki to reflect that though.