Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Cars in Detective Conan

Does anyone with more vehicle knowledge than me want to help put together an article about cars in DC? (Gin's Porsche, Sato and Amuro's RX-7 s, Akai's Chevy, Agasa's beetle, the FBI's whatever they are's, etc...) Besides pictures, it would be nice to have some descriptions, like the year and make. If you are knowledgeable about cars please chime in or if you know someone who is, please tell them they are needed!

The vehicles in Detective Conan page.

Right now, we need pictures of:

Any cars that aren't listed on the page so they can be IDed

Gin's Porsche, back from anime

Akai's truck, front from anime

A better picture of Heiji's motorcycle if one is available, from anime/movie 7

Chianti's Viper, top from anime

A better picture of Chianti's motorcycle if one is available, from anime

Aradie's Prius, anime

Jodie's Peugeot, anime

A better picture of Kir's motorcycle if one is available, from anime

Shiratori's 1st and 2nd cars, anime and/or manga

Takagi's first car, anime and/or manga

Rikumichi's Nissan, anime

Fusae Campbell's car, anime (Some in thread)

Does anyone with more vehicle knowledge than me want to help put together an article about cars in DC? (Gin's Porsche, Sato and Amuro's RX-7 s, Akai's Chevy, Agasa's beetle, the FBI's whatever they are's, etc...) Besides pictures, it would be nice to have some descriptions, like the year and make. If you are knowledgeable about cars please chime in or if you know someone who is, please tell them they are needed!

I'll help where I can. I'll say this now... There are several versions of Akai's Chevy. We (as in you and I) have debated over the specifics before (the differences are within the booth, which are never explicitly shown). But the engine is the same.

Just let me know what you want to know about them, and I'll probably know it or be able to find out the details.

I'll say this though... All cars are were in production or have already ceased production at the time of the beginning of the manga. Which means that Gosho was probably VERY deliberate about the vehicle choices, and didn't want a chance for variation.

Also... Cars go by production spans generally, unless changes are made to the body, in which case either a change in number, or a variation is made in the number or name of the car. So exact year is a bit difficult to ascertain...

Amuro's and Satou's cars are both FD RX-7s, btw...

http://www.mazdarotary.net/fd_rx7.htm

I'll help where I can. I'll say this now... There are several versions of Akai's Chevy. We (as in you and I) have debated over the specifics before (the differences are within the booth, which are never explicitly shown). But the engine is the same.

Just let me know what you want to know about them, and I'll probably know it or be able to find out the details.

I'll say this though... All cars are were in production or have already ceased production at the time of the beginning of the manga. Which means that Gosho was probably VERY deliberate about the vehicle choices, and didn't want a chance for variation.

Also... Cars go by production spans generally, unless changes are made to the body, in which case either a change in number, or a variation is made in the number or name of the car. So exact year is a bit difficult to ascertain...

Amuro's and Satou's cars are both FD RX-7s, btw...

http://www.mazdarotary.net/fd_rx7.htm

I remember that debate. I remember arguing it has an extended cab because it had a set of side rear windows.

Akai%27s_truck_back.PNG

It would be nice if I had some years for the models.

The only ones I can estimate off the top of my head is Gin and Agasa....

I estimate him having a 1958-1959 Porsche 356A. It fits the shape. I could suppose that he opted for the Carrera version for the racing engine, for quick get-a-ways. However this is only a supposition. (the reason for the time frame was was right before the switch to 356B, it was when it was stylistically enhanced, though it could be the 1957)

porsche_outlaw_356_1.jpg

And Agasa's beetle, which looks to me to be a 1964 production Beetle...

1964_Volkswagen-dec21a.jpg

I need good pictures for the others... Especially the RX-7, as there were about 14 variations throughout its 1992-2003 run.

Also I'm NOT that good at trucks, I never really had an interest in them. The info I used in that debate was more or less all I had, unless I look up the specifics, which I would need the model number again... I know I had it back then, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was.

Cars no problem my fav is mazda rx-7 FD my uncle has it

sato's Red Rx-7

Mazda-RX7.jpg

amuros white Rx-7

fd3s_mazda_rx7_02.jpg

Akai car

1353_8117_large+gmc_c1500+passenger_front_side_view_billet_grille.jpg

as for anime car's will be difficult find I'll try what i can

Gin car total front

Porsche-356A-black-organization-14315183-848-475.jpg

Cars no problem my fav is mazda rx-7 FD my uncle has it

Red Rx-7

http://www.motorexpress.net/carblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Mazda-RX7.jpg

The problem with the RX-7 is that only the SERIES can be determined... the type is almost impossible as the engine is the only difference. Granted the Type R is the most poplar so we can assume that.

And that looks like a Series 8 Model. Based on time frame I'd assume series 6 for Satou

The real life pictures are now added as links out, but we also need some in anime pictures as well.

There are pictures of the one in Conan town for Agasa's Beetle... Exact replica...

As for Jodie... She has a Mercedes... Looks like a C Class... Looks like a 2002 Mercedes C Class... Specifically C320. Though its only a guess.

The problem with the RX-7 is that only the SERIES can be determined... the type is almost impossible as the engine is the only difference. Granted the Type R is the most poplar so we can assume that.

And that looks like a Series 8 Model. Based on time frame I'd assume series 6 for Satou

There are pictures of the one in Conan town for Agasa's Beetle... Exact replica...

As for Jodie... She has a Mercedes... Looks like a C Class... Will take time to determine the year... And another angle...

type are there based on engine and names like FD and FC and FE those are generations

type are there based on engine and names like FD and FC and FE those are generations

Well aware, and it is apparent that it is an FD, not an FC or FE... The FD production line went through minor changes from 1992-2003... Based on time frame it would be safe to assume that Satou has Series 6 and it is possible that Amuro has the latest and last iteration of the Series 8. Neither would have series 7 though.

As for type... It depends on the engine, which we cannot see. I'm just going by popularity... Type R was most popular IIRC.

Well aware, and it is apparent that it is an FD, not an FC or FE... The FD production line went through minor changes from 1992-2003... Based on time frame it would be safe to assume that Satou has Series 6 and it is possible that Amuro has the latest and last iteration of the Series 8. Neither would have series 7 though.

As for type... It depends on the engine, which we cannot see. I'm just going by popularity... Type R was most popular IIRC.

I totally agree on that

Updated: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/User:Chekhov_MacGuffin/Cars_in_Detective_Conan

I'm totally lost on the consensus for Sato's car.

I wonder if I should start a weapons page. Someone on the German wiki has been keeping tally of the gun types used.

Basically... The RX-7 FDs are broken in two separate ways... The first is series (which are 6,7,8) and Type (based on engine) which... there are 14 of. Series 7 was only released outside of Japan. So it would only be one of two... Series 6 or Series 8.

Satou has had her car for some time, which likely predates 1999, which is when the series changed. Hers in particular doesn't have a rear spoiler. Also, you can tell hers is S6, because it has a sleeker bonnet, whereas the Series 8 had a bit of a bump.

As for the type, we can't know 100% certain. The Type R was the most popular, and especially for someone who enjoys racing it would be the type to get.

Don't forget Yukiko's cars. She drives this grey car in NY and that red car that looks like Sato's in episodes 335-336. You could also add her bike in episode 96, but that might be hard to specify.

You mean the Jaguar E Type?

a_1966_Jaguar_E-Type_Coupe.jpg

Which according to Yukiko's description would be a Series 2 with a 4.2L engine with a rating of 265bhp.