Detective Conan World
Southpaw

New Convention Calendar

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that since my idea was approved, I started working on adding anime conventions to our site calendar!

What's an anime convention, you ask? Well, you've come to the right thread! Anime conventions are a one-stop shop where you can meet your favorite actors and artists, listen to cool music, watch new and old anime, attend panels run by fans of the same shows you like, see people walking around dressed up in cosplay, buy swag that you can't find in your average store, and view and buy art that people just like you have made!

There are conventions happening around the world almost every weekend. I've added the city of each one to its calendar entry, and more information can be found at that particular convention's website, or at animecons.com, which will probably then point you to the specific site ^_^;;

If all works out and there's enough interest in this endeavor, perhaps we can start arranging DC World meetups at ones we know people will be going to!

Awesome Southpaw! I love it! Very useful. Thanks for the great work! :)

I was wondering: were you able to find some convention dates for Toronto or other Canadian cities or is it too hard to find?

so... the website "animecons.com" has listings for conventions world-wide... it's a comprehensive list, but I'm pretty sure it's not exhaustive (and I've only gotten through April and May so far, I hope to get through the rest in the next week or two)

if you know the dates of conventions not listed on that website, you're welcome to add them to our calendar!

UPDATE:

finally sat myself down and added June and July... I think doing two months at a time might not be a bad idea, since they probably update their site pretty regularly as groups announce upcoming dates... I know that doesn't give much time to prepare, but it keeps me from getting confused over what's already been added (some groups already have dates listed for 2011)

if you really want to know more, as I mentioned before, you can look at www.animecons.com

^_^

With any luck GiggleTwin 2 and myself will be going to Metro Con in Tampa FL. We plan to go dressed as Kaito Kid and Hakuba Saguru. and if my Nephew comes he's gonna be Conan. ^^

With any luck GiggleTwin 2 and myself will be going to Metro Con in Tampa FL. We plan to go dressed as Kaito Kid and Hakuba Saguru. and if my Nephew comes he's gonna be Conan. ^^

must share pictures!!!

I'll be going to Otakon, and I plan on dressing as Mine-chan, from Fruits Basket

must share pictures!!!

I'll be going to Otakon, and I plan on dressing as Mine-chan, from Fruits Basket

lol dont worry we will. If more gose to our plan and the Tampa Bay art center lets us there will be a hiest going down..

Hee hee but thats not the notice yet.

...okay... I'm sorry, and I dont' mean to sound rude, but I'm a little tired of seeing the same news announcement for the past 2 months. If there is nothing going on, could you tell us how getting the vids back up is doing or something...?

...okay... I'm sorry, and I dont' mean to sound rude, but I'm a little tired of seeing the same news announcement for the past 2 months. If there is nothing going on, could you tell us how getting the vids back up is doing or something...?

first of all, this isn't the right thread for this topic

second of all, that's something better brought up in private with maurice

When the videos are able to come back, we will make an announcement. Until then, it is best that you be patient. Keep in mind that even having the videos up in the first place is what led to the site being taken down, so why would we put them up right away? There are other sources to watch Detective Conan if you really need a fix that bad. For now, I would not suggest thinking that the videos are coming back sooner rather than later.

I don't understand how not having the videos up means "nothing's" going on. As is evident by the wiki, there is quite a lot of stuff going on. And not just for the wiki, but we also have a sort of secret project relating to Magic Kaito that is in the works, but I will say no more on that subject. But either way, you can be sure that a lot of things are going on, and just because we are busy because we have other commitments, doesn't mean that nothing is going on, as well.

I'm sorry. Like I said, I don't mean to be rude, but my impatience seems to have spoken for me. I would delete previous comments, but I don't have the ability to do so.

OUt of curiosity, why aren't other DC sites going through the same problem? Sure, their vids are slow, and not organized as well as DC world's videos, but I don't see why We're taking the heat instead. It feels like...whoever it is who banned our videos... either has it in for us, or has a friendly connection to the other sites. I just don't think it's fair that the best, ad-free, well-managed site on the web is unable to do what they do best.

OUt of curiosity, why aren't other DC sites going through the same problem? Sure, their vids are slow, and not organized as well as DC world's videos, but I don't see why We're taking the heat instead. It feels like...whoever it is who banned our videos... either has it in for us, or has a friendly connection to the other sites. I just don't think it's fair that the best, ad-free, well-managed site on the web is unable to do what they do best.

It's been explained before. We linked to YouTube videos. FUNimation saw that we were linking to the videos, so we got taken down as well as the people uploading the videos. It was bad luck, and it had nothing to do with "friendly connections" with any of the other sites. In fact, Detective Conan World and some of the other Conan sites are not enemies at all.

You're thinking too much into this. It was nothing more than FUNimation taking the site down because we linked to YouTube videos. That's all it was.

GiggleTwin1 here. I am so happy my Hakuba Saguru costume came today. Counting down till Metro Con 37 days to go. ^^ woohoo

GiggleTwin2 is still waiting for her Kaito Kid costume but it will be here on time. woot.

it's that time again, the calendar needs to be updated!

unfortunately, I've become occupied with a lot of other things, so at this point I think I'm looking for someone who can semi-permanently help me out... all you have to do is fill in the calendar periodically with convention information

send me a private message if you think you can handle it!