Detective Conan World
Silvester

Lets make Detective Conan popular in Canada/USA

I was thinking that we should try to convince FUNimation to air the 6 movies they dubbed on TV again. Maybe even do a little advertising to. I know its a long shot and I don't know how to get this idea out there but with the help of DCW it can be done.

I think they only aired the first 50 episodes (something like that) on TV. To be honest, even though some of the episodes are great, they don't tell much of a story. If we could get FUNimation to dub episodes that involve the BO, FBI, CIA, and Kaito Kid I think we can get the Western World into this show.

Anyone else with ideas? :D

One of the ways to do this that comes to my mind is initiating a petition. A hand-written petition completed through hard work, blood, sweat and tears — none of that silly internet petitioning!

With all those signatures of Detective Conan/Case Closed fans, it seems like one of the best ways to at least get the proposal noticed by Funimation. B)

With all those signatures of Detective Conan/Case Closed fans, it seems like one of the best ways to at least get the proposal noticed by Funimation. B)

I can guarantee you it's not. They wouldn't even read the first page.

Instead of trying to get the attention of funimation,we should be trying to get Cartoon network to re-air Case closed At a reasonable time(NOT 5 IN THE MORNING WHEN EVERYONE IS SLEEPING) maybe around 8 PM. Then I bet Conan would get a ton of new fans. And when Funimation sees that case closed has high TV ratings maybe they will continue to dub the series.

yup! And also nickelodean or wtv it is called.It is quite famous in the asia too

I agree with the idea of bringing back case closed in America and all the other western countries on Cartoon network and other channels. I mean I'm from America and I didn't know Detective Conan until my cousin introduced it to me. It'll probably thrill all kinds of mystery loving people in the western countries.

I'd love to see it on American TV, sadly though, I don't get Cartoon Network... to bad someone couldn't interest Fox or some station like that to run them...

I would love for the show to be more popular here. I have gotten one or two friends interested in the series, and I am sure it could become popular if a company put effort into it.

I would love for the show to be more popular here. I have gotten one or two friends interested in the series, and I am sure it could become popular if a company put effort into it.

I really wish that they would do that. I would watch it every night, and record it, and watch it again (past the 50 episodes, I already recorded those. Cartoon Network needs to put Case Closed back on the air, because unlike Family Guy, Case Closed has a plot.

It'd be a great idea, but FUNiMation already believes Detective Conan (Case Closed) is dead. They stopped dubbing a while ago.

If only FUNiMation did a better job, we wouldn't have to discuss about this!

I just got an Idea!Most people in America have a smart phone or a Ipod touch right? So how about we get somebody to make an app on the itunes or android market place that would have a lot of info about Conan, and then it would have lots of backgrounds of Conan for your phones and stuff, and all sort of other cool things.(of course this app would have to be free so people who have never heard of Conan will download it) This would help spread the word about Conan, and would make it more popular in the north American region.

I don't have a ipod touch. :grin:

But that would be a great idea! I only see one or two podcasts about Conan on the itunes store and one of them is in a language I don't understand!

I was thinking that we should try to convince FUNimation to air the 6 movies they dubbed on TV again. Maybe even do a little advertising to. I know its a long shot and I don't know how to get this idea out there but with the help of DCW it can be done.

I think they only aired the first 50 episodes (something like that) on TV. To be honest, even though some of the episodes are great, they don't tell much of a story. If we could get FUNimation to dub episodes that involve the BO, FBI, CIA, and Kaito Kid I think we can get the Western World into this show.

Anyone else with ideas? :D

I personally think Detective Conan is pretty popular in Canada/USA. Just because I live in Canada (Edmonton) and I have lots of friends who are Detective Conan fans. I go on youtube and there are lots of viewers watching Detective Conan and when I go on yahoo answers, I see lots of people asking Detective Conan questions.

I don't see a lot of Detective Conan fandom in central/eastern Canada from where I am at the moment. Whenever I order a volume from my local manga store the store owner would give me a "what are you a little kid or something?" kinda look. There is also no DC fanart at conventions or DC cosplays.

But Meitantei Conan isn't for kids, it seems like it's for teens (even the main characters are seventeen), but then again, they might think it's for kids cause of Conan...

I just got an Idea!

Most people in America have a smart phone or a Ipod touch right? So how about we get somebody to make an app on the itunes or android market place that would have a lot of info about Conan, and then it would have lots of backgrounds of Conan for your phones and stuff, and all sort of other cool things.(of course this app would have to be free so people who have never heard of Conan will download it) This would help spread the word about Conan, and would make it more popular in the north American region.

Agreed. The problem is, why would people download the App if they've never heard about Detective Conan before? I'd think we'd have to advertise the show before we can put it in an app.

It'd be a great idea, but FUNiMation already believes Detective Conan (Case Closed) is dead. They stopped dubbing a while ago.

If only FUNiMation did a better job, we wouldn't have to discuss about this!

I don't have a ipod touch. :grin:

But that would be a great idea! I only see one or two podcasts about Conan on the itunes store and one of them is in a language I don't understand!

Sad. I stumbled upon DC by accident (was a kid and just thought it sounded interesting) and have been an avid fan ever since.

But Meitantei Conan isn't for kids, it seems like it's for teens (even the main characters are seventeen), but then again, they might think it's for kids cause of Conan...

Also in agreement here. DC is more of something for 12 and above. Actually, 10 and above is okay, but we wouldn't want to ruin their innocence to early, would we?

Hear, hear. Well, the best method would be to somehow make the anime popular. (since most people who don't have anything to do wouldn't read manga.) It would be great if we had someone well known to talk about it. For example, if 'nigahiga' talked about DC, then people might watch it, right? If anyone happens to be popular on youtube, do a video on it and make it popular!

Haha I found that ways to get people into a series is

1) An awesome AMV

(For example this one for princess tutu, doesn't that just make you want to watch the series? Princess tutu is badass btw.)

WARNING, SPOILERS

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3NDnqGrgDpk

2) awesome beautiful fanarts (kinda)

3) yaoi/yuri xD! (it's super effective)

I totally agree with you for one reason; you made me want to see what the heck princess tutu is.

I totally agree with you for one reason; you made me want to see what the heck princess tutu is.

Lol, right? I saw that AMV at Otakon one year, and it totally got me curious (after which I went and watched the series).

But as for DC, I started watching it because it was airing...

Welll...the only idea i have is doing amvs...and fanarts....im already doing lots of amvs of DC....so if anyone wants to know how to make them just tell me ^^

Welll...the only idea i have is doing amvs...and fanarts....im already doing lots of amvs of DC....so if anyone wants to know how to make them just tell me ^^

Please don't share direct links to video, even if it is amv's... I had amv's up on my YouTube account, and they pulled them down, and this site is still trying to keep it's head down