Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 796-800 (The Cursed Toilet Of The Mouri Detective Agency)

Filler poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is Amuro suspecting Conan? (multiple choice)

• He is suspecting that Conan is Shinichi.
    • He is suspecting that Conan is the brains behind Kogoro
    • He is suspecting that something about Conan is not quite right.
    • He is a little suspicious of Conan's intelligence
    • He is a little suspicious of the relationship between Conan and Kogoro
    • He doesn't really suspect anything about Conan beyond being very smart.
    • He suspects Conan is getting hints from Shinichi
    • He suspects Conan is getting hints from Akai
    • Some other option not listed you will tell me about in the comments.
    • Not sure
  2. 2. What is the woman's motive? (multiple choice)

• To have the money for herself
    • To get revenge on the robbers for killing the employee.
    • To get revenge on the robbers for betraying her.
    • Something related to Kogoro
    • Something related to Amuro.
    • To get revenge on Kogoro's bathroom.
    • Something not listed. (Comment so I can add it. )
  3. 3. Who is the third robber?

• 1st woman Toyokita Rinko
    • 2nd woman Furiya Sakae
    • 3rd woman Tegawa Takayo
    • None of them
    • Don't know
    • (attempting to fix the poll)
    • (attempting to fix the poll)

Sorry for double posting... Last night I saw so cool dream related to this. I already wrote about it to Dream thread in Chatroom so now I'm just putting a quote about it here.

Last night I saw the cover of DC chapter 800. It was pretty awesome. In the middle was Conan running with a shocked face. Behind him was Gin's Porsche and on the backround was some random buildings and "shadows" of Gin and Vodka.

AND for some reason there were some photographs flying between Conan and that Porsche... I dunno why...

Sorry for double posting... Last night I saw so cool dream related to this. I already wrote about it to Dream thread in Chatroom so now I'm just putting a quote about it here.

Wow! That's interesting! I was just imagining the begining of file 800. I really hope that it's not much about Amuro's identity coz he has just been introduced and his presence hasn't sunken yet! I hope we don't get disappointed here, if Gosho doesn't do any great BO stuff in the upcoming chapters...........

I have been wondering about a one thing...

If there really have been Amuro-Akemi-Akai love-triangel, wouldn't Amuro notice the resemblance between Akemi and Ran?

You're right! Actually, I never believed that Akemi was the reason for the Akai-Amuro rivalry. I bet you that there's something more........

Yeah, I don't really believe in that love-triangle either but IF it does exist...

Yeah, I don't really believe in that love-triangle either but IF it does exist...

Well, IF that was the case, then there are some possible reasons:

1. It would spoil.

2. It might be boring repeating the same pattern.

3. We never actually know what/how Tooru really thinks about Ran. Just because Gosho never shows something doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't exist, not that he brings up much of Tooru's inner thought either.

Anyway, back to the case:

According to my poor Chinese, the reason why that woman didn't immediately answer Tooru's question (when being asked about her brother) was because her right ear was still hurt after using her head to pull (in this situation, "to push" seems to be more accurate) the trigger, therefore couldn't hear clearly. I doubt that many readers could think of something like that.

And I'm also a little iffy about the trick that she used, although I'll have to read the English scan first.

Yes, it is!

Uh, you know what? I last night I saw another dream about file 800's cover. Thought it wasn't as good as the first one...

i posted this deduction at dctp .and i thought i should post it here as well

Third robber identified

she is the first woman by process of elimination

it can't be the third one as according to fie 796.2, all robbers are right handed. and third lady is lefty

(Abs on DCTP pointed that pencil and eraser were on left side.)

now for the second one. she has won a lottery and has done some shopping and leaving tomorrow

however our robber can't use her money . remember all stolen money were new notes and would have been identified at the point of purchase if they were from the robbery.

in short she is using the money from lottery not from robbery. she is a red herring not robber.

hence our robber is first woman toyokita rinko

that's my deduction .

as for solid proof of her being robber ,her photo is found from kei's pc is found by ran and others. as for conan she has her gun with her.

WIOBWVOBOIVQWBVQIOBVOQBB WKBJV IOQO OQH OVQHOIHQOB!!!

...I really want to find out what happens next... ;____________________;

Same here. :)

This is really really something... And is it just me or does this remind about 1 billion yen robbery case?

I switched one of the questions up for the latest chapter release.

The last question was

Who is the guy in the woman's photo? (multiple choice)

A bank robber (1 votes [8.33%] - View) Miike , kuro.shiro , Sealo

The dead employee (6 votes [50.00%] - View) Black Demon , Chekhov MacGuffin , Balthazar , Wildheart888 , Sealo , Shivaa

A conspirator with the robbers (1 votes [8.33%] - View) Sealo

Her brother (1 votes [8.33%] - View) Shivaa

Her lover (2 votes [16.67%] - View) Balthazar , redangelran

A friend (0 votes [0.00%])

Someone related to the robbers but not the bank (1 votes [8.33%] - View) AiXConan4ever

Something not listed. (Comment so I can add it. ) (0 votes [0.00%])

Another relative (0 votes [0.00%])

Someone in a past case that Conan has solved. (0 votes [0.00%])

oh great

an error again

Try again now. I got an error at first, and then I fiddled with the poll by adding some extra options to the last question. It worked after that, and worked even when I removed the extra options.

General analysis of the robber lady and the clues about who she is.

The clues we have so far about the female criminal are that she holds the gun in her right hand, and she moved recently (I wish I knew how recently). Conan didn't know about the move so the answer should be clear regardless, and the robber has some reason not to answer the phone call from Kei. Kei had all three women in his phone book so I suppose he has connections to all of them somehow. Two of the three residences had trash day. The robbers likely left most of the money in the locker, so they shouldn't be very rich yet except for what they grabbed and pocketed like Kei did. It would be hard to use the money on big transactions because of the serial number issue. Considering the Kei was friends with the dead bank employee then he might be aware of this and have informed the other two not to spend it without laundering it first. The robbers can't count on Kogoro finding the locker quickly either, and although Kei suggested the female robber run, running doesn't make sense until she has the cash on hand and knows Kei won't trick her. Kei also wasn't packed up yet which means Kei still hasn't acted on his own advice.

I think all three of the women are single.

Analysis of the first lady, Toyokita Rinko

The first lady seems right handed for sure because of the way the coffee-cup, fork, butter(?) knife, napkin, and spatula are placed. Door opening doesn't count because Gosho tends to draw characters so they open the door using the hand on the same side as the hinges regardless of handedness. She is also cranky and was not keen on Conan entering the apartment.

Toyokita claims to work at a convenience store on the late shift, and she claims she is normally sleeping at the visit time, yet she is awake for some reason. Furthermore, she has been awake for a while: she is already dressed and that omelet and toast were ready to eat (she started on the toast). Depending on complexity, omelet making times range from 20-50 minutes for pre-prep and cooking in my experience.

"So I'm usually sleeping at this hour." I can't tell what Toyokita's annoyed answer at the door actually meant; was she claiming to be asleep and that Conan woke her up, or was she just bad-tempered because she was up early and told Conan her schedule for future reference because she doesn't want to be disturbed? If she was claiming to be asleep and Conan woke her up, she is blatantly lying and might have hid something before answering the door. Why she wouldn't answer the phone though is a mystery, unless she was cooking and didn't hear it, or she discovered Kei was dead.

If she wasn't claiming to be asleep, is hard to gauge if or why she is lying about her schedule because she didn't offer a reason why she was awake and prepared. If she is lying, maybe she does something at that time, or wants cover for leaving at strange hours. If she is telling the truth about her schedule, and she woke up a while ago because of something, maybe it was from the phone ringing? If she thought it was something related to Kei it might make sense for her to get moving because it could have to do with the money from the locker, although it doesn't explain why she wouldn't return the call unless she discovered Kei was dead.

Analysis of the second lady, Furiya Sakae

The second lady is of ambiguous handedness although she may be right handed based on her unlocking the door. She made it abundantly clear she has recently come into money and the timing for that seems to be fairly recent. The trash day is the day after tomorrow for Furiya, but she is moving out tomorrow so she was dumping hers a day early. She is remarkably free with this information. If she was the robber, Furiya might come up with an excuse that she won the lottery to explain all the high end stuff in contrast to the low end apartment and trash, but she wouldn't have needed to tell the two she was moving apartments.

Her bag was completely full of convenience store box meals which is pretty low-end stuff (although more expensive than cooking yourself). The box store meals imply that before her "lottery", she likely was not all that wealthy and/or extremely busy so boxed meals were more convenient. The trash was completely full, implying she had been in the apartment for at least a short while (like a week), assuming she lives alone. Considering the robber was supposed to have just moved into her current apartment, she shouldn't have accumulated that much meal trash yet.

Furiya moving out would seem to imply that she is running like Kei suggested, but this would be strange because she doesn't have the robbery money yet. Also, moving into an apartment unit then out of it quickly would be rather unusual and might raise red flags with the landlord because normally there are contracts that would need to be broken, and usually you pay upfront for the first month at least. She would be using up a lot of money to move apartments twice in a row and buy expensive clothes on top of it. It would be hard to pocket that much money from the robbery. Kei had ~ 97,000 yen on him + whatever is in his apartment. That amount still wouldn't be enough to switch apartments quickly unless one had savings to tap.

I assume she was out shopping and didn't hear or answer the phone.

Analysis of the third lady, Tegawa Takayo

The third lady's apartment looks lived in because it has more stuff. The lady looks to be left handed considering the side the pens and light are on (to avoid writing in your hand's shadow). The trash bag was full of one type of meal, which is presumably Tegawa's particular favorite, so cost probably isn't a consideration here. The trash bag is also full which implies that, like the second lady, there is at least a few days worth of meals implying Tegawa has been in the apartment for at least a short while, assuming she lives alone. She probably didn't answer her phone because she is busy. The writing deadline, assuming she is telling the truth, would not work out so well with a party, but without knowing what kind of writer she is, flexibility is hard to evaluate.

Robber identity hypothesis

I think the first lady is most likely the robber because her handedness matched and her attitude against intruders was noticeable. Also, the other two women had trash to take out, but she did not. Although trash day isn't always at the same time throughout a city and I am unfamiliar with Japanese custom regarding trash day times, no trash or trash cans are visible in the kitchen. If she just moved into an apartment and thus had not accumulated much trash yet, or had thrown out some robber paraphernalia, this makes sense. Also there is the issue about what she meant by saying she usually is asleep.

The second lady is less likely to be the robber than the first because of the time issue with the trash accumulated, moving out before having the cash in hand would be strange, the logistics and risk of spending money on stuff, and how open she was about her finances and future plans.

Considering the left handedness, the state of the apartment, and the trash, I think the third lady is the least likely to be the robber.

Urakawa Serina probably plans to commit suicide when this is all over. She never used the sleeping pills on Kei, so I assume she they are for her.

• Upvote 2

Urakawa Serina probably plans to commit suicide when this is all over. She never used the sleeping pills on Kei, so I assume she they are for her.

she didn't used sleeping pills on kei because she planned to move him to other location.but later decided against it.

conan's last line can also mean ,"i don't want to let third robber kill you "

(it seems i am the only one who thinks that)

she didn't used sleeping pills on kei because she planned to move him to other location.but later decided against it.

conan's last line can also mean ,"i don't want to let third robber kill you "

(it seems i am the only one who thinks that)

It could mean that, but Urakawa reacts to Conan's words with shock. If she interpreted it as Conan saying she might be killed, a more appropriate reaction would be a smirk, or a scoff, or a frown, or something like that. She knows the robber might be armed, so what is there to be surprised about? However, if Urakawa was planning to commit suicide afterwards, then Conan's line would be shocking because he suddenly predicted her plan.

im thinking

the first women who took care of her trash. It may have put evidence in there and threw it out. people who were afraid of anything wouldn't ask someone to take out their trash.

the last lady had a lot of the same containers to possbly hide something. I can't picture the second lady, she is too flashy.

i also think Serina will attempt suicide afterwards. She has a limited amount of time to commit her crimes and afterward no other drive to go on to jail. These were done out of revenge and those often end in this type of tragity, because they are already depressed from losing a loved one and after preforming their own judgement upon the culprits feel there is no more reason to live. Therefore they perish with their loved one, especially in this situation.

800!!!!!!!!!!

Tuntun's spoiler pics (posted by Conan#1/Conan 48:69 from DCTP):

http://img23.imagehaven.net/img.php?id=B55Z5O1G8P_001.jpg

http://img24.imagehaven.net/img.php?id=DT52GQL68F_002.jpg

http://img45.imagehaven.net/img.php?id=7R4223ZZHV_003.jpg

http://img24.imagehaven.net/img.php?id=YNH66HMXDM_004.jpg

http://img23.imagehaven.net/img.php?id=AIQMD8BSR8_005.jpg

Many people are WRONG about the robber :P

And VERMOUTH !!!!!!!!

Also, according to Conan#1, she's calling someone (likely one of those 3) and addresses the other side as "Bourbon".

• Upvote 6

As spoilers, Do we have to wait for next file to see who Bourbon really is?

I wonder about Vermouth as well. Is she come to help Bourbon or something?