Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 796-800 (The Cursed Toilet Of The Mouri Detective Agency)

Filler poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is Amuro suspecting Conan? (multiple choice)

• He is suspecting that Conan is Shinichi.
    • He is suspecting that Conan is the brains behind Kogoro
    • He is suspecting that something about Conan is not quite right.
    • He is a little suspicious of Conan's intelligence
    • He is a little suspicious of the relationship between Conan and Kogoro
    • He doesn't really suspect anything about Conan beyond being very smart.
    • He suspects Conan is getting hints from Shinichi
    • He suspects Conan is getting hints from Akai
    • Some other option not listed you will tell me about in the comments.
    • Not sure
  2. 2. What is the woman's motive? (multiple choice)

• To have the money for herself
    • To get revenge on the robbers for killing the employee.
    • To get revenge on the robbers for betraying her.
    • Something related to Kogoro
    • Something related to Amuro.
    • To get revenge on Kogoro's bathroom.
    • Something not listed. (Comment so I can add it. )
  3. 3. Who is the third robber?

• 1st woman Toyokita Rinko
    • 2nd woman Furiya Sakae
    • 3rd woman Tegawa Takayo
    • None of them
    • Don't know
    • (attempting to fix the poll)
    • (attempting to fix the poll)

Black demon, can you put back that question on?? I'm still not convinced after I read the end of manga. You also don't believe as well? I also feel the same way here.

Sorry, I switched the poll up because I had the feeling it was going to be very one sided that Conan was faking it, and the art is even more suggestive because of his "shiny glasses"

Sorry, I switched the poll up because I had the feeling it was going to be very one sided that Conan was faking it, and the art is even more suggestive because of his "shiny glasses"

hmmm... you're right.

That was the first ting that came to my mind when watching those Chinese scans, the glasses. Its a weary strong possibility that he is faking

I wanted to crosspost this from DCTP because there are some really good points here.

http://forum.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=7452.msg609117#msg609117

http://forum.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=7452.msg609126#msg609126

I find it odd that the police didn't take Kashitsuka's cellphone as evidence since she claimed Dreadlocks Guy used her phone.

I noticed this too. I don't like it when Gosho ignores the standards of evidence like that because it is convenient to his case. Conan or Amuro should have said something about the scratches as well.

I also noticed that Kashitsuka's phone has a lot of scratches, which may or may not be important in the case. Based on personal experience, guys tend to not care about their phones while ladies do. With that said, there's a possibility that the scratched-up phone was actually Dreadlocks Guy's own phone, and the one that he had was the lady's. But then again, if the scratched phone wasn't really hers, then how was she able to show a picture of her and her "brother" almost instantly for Kogoro and company to see?

The scratched phone is scratched because it was likely in dreadlock's pockets with the coins and the lighter which is similarly scratched. Basically, she has dreadlock's phone and is passing off as her own.

The reason why is because "Kashitsuka" isn't Kashitsuka. Kashitsuka is the dead dreadlocks guy and the woman is pretending to be him because she wants the police to think SHE was the one going to see Mouri and not the interceptor when it is really the exact opposite. The name Kei can be used for both girls and guys and Gosho took advantage of this in setting up the case using a website where gender can be completely unknown rather than Mouri's landline where Mouri would hear the guy's voice.

Because Fake Kei is calling or texting someone on Kashitsuka's phone, and assuming Kashitsuka and the dead guy are two of the three bank-robbers and she is out for revenge for the death of the employee, she may being going after the final robber and is trying to lure him/her out. If this is the case, Conan guessed the current crime is related to the bank robbery plot from the amount of cash the real Kei had and maybe the dead guy's picture, so Conan realized the fake Kei may be off to attack one more person because there are three robbers, which is why he is risking himself riding with her.

The picture may have been transferred from the woman's real phone and then deleted, or the real Kei was the photographer for the picture which would mean if glasses is the dead employee, she was likely "betrayed" by the robbers when they killed her brother/friend. I'm for the second option because she paused before answering Amuro's question.

Here's my question: If there are three bank robbers, and the two deceased are two of them and the lady is the third one, who was she calling?

Here's my question: If there are three bank robbers, and the two deceased are two of them and the lady is the third one, who was she calling?

One possibility to explain your observation is that FakeKei might not be a bank robber. She could have been an information gatherer who dated the employee (or was the employee's brother) in order to get info on the bank for the robbery (she would get a cut of the take), but then really fell in love with him (sort of like Akai's infiltration of the Org using Akemi), and thus became really pissed off at the robbers when he was killed. She then goes on a revenge rampage. At least one of the bank robbers does look female, so I am hesitant to say she isn't one for sure.

Ah, I see... Thanks!

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but... The way Conan set down the bottle seemed off. Either he is faking it (which I honestly hope he's not :P) which seems most likely because he sort of set down the bottle than rather just letting it drop. However, if you were becoming drowsy, you might set it down somewhat like that... Except, I think Conan would realize that that's what was happening and try to do something, maybe his tranquilizer watch?

(Unfortunately) I think that Conan is faking being asleep...

AND FILE 797 IS NOW IN ENGLISH!! \o/

EDIT: DONE!! \o/

The woman is definitely acting suspicious...

Amuro is as well. He ended the call between Sera and Ran. However, why would he have that device for detecting bugs on hand?

Sera was acting strange too. Why was she so concerned? Even if she had watched the news and was worried, she seemed to be really freaking out...

Oh, and the way Conan "fell asleep" is bothering me... His head is tilted forward. When you fall asleep, wouldn't you try to lean your head back onto the seat so it's more comfortable? The possibility could go either way...

Since we didn't see Conan actually drink from the bottle, is there a chance that he smelled the drug? Or is that impossible? (*knows nothing about that stuff*)

Just read the English file. Nothing really special if you've kept up with the Chinese scans provided by Koizumi Akako and the translations provided by Chek. It's just nice to see it fully translated. This arc seems insane and the questions are piling up. Can't wait for the next one!

Here is a page by page analysis.

If you curious about the last analysis and what has changed, see here.

Page 1: cover

Page 2: All of Kogoro's contradictions make sense in light of the role reversal of Fake Kei and the real Kei described in a previous post.

Page 3: Fake Kei might not be too worried about the contents of the locker (money?) if she was willing to let the police have the key, or else she thought she could get to it faster than the police if she was able to leave early. The real Kei was probably interested though since he went as far as trying to recruit Mouri to find the locker.

Kei paused on Amuro's question. The four days matches up with the time of the robbery because Ran says it hasn't been a week yet. The guy in the suitcase could be around that old too.

If Real Kei has his cellphone screen background set to guy that may be the employee and Fake Kei, Real Kei and Fake Kei are likely acquainted. Real Kei's apartment door showed no signs of picking, which means Fake Kei was able to enter freely in order to plant bugging devices. This does create a contradiction though in the theory that Fake Kei pretended to be Mouri’s assistant. Unless Fake Kei disguised herself and flushed the disguise down the toilet, Real Kei would not have though she was an employee of Mouri’s because he would know her.

Page 4: Megure has Fake Kei’s cellphone. The lack of messages proves this. Fake Kei cleared both it and the Real Kei’s phone contact lists, texts, and call history so the police would think the phone’s owners were opposite of the truth. Again, Kogoro’s contradictions are resolved by noting the scratches indicate a phone swap.

The pile of money was likely stray cash from the robbery. The coins scratched the lighter and phone while they were in Real Kei’s pockets. Fake Kei planted the stun gun on him.

Page 5: We are missing the rest of the roll of tape Fake Kei used to tie herself up. We are also missing Real Kei’s apartment key, which I assume Fake Kei has with her now. Maybe she was going to do something with the body in the suitcase before the police figured out “Kashitsuka Kei” was dreadlocks and investigates his apartment.

The scratched lighter indicates the phone was likely the real Kei’s. Both Conan and Amuro should have noticed this but neither spoke up. I assume it’s because they lack definitive proof and wanted to force it out of her somehow.

I’m still not quite sure how the bathroom trick worked. The damp towel corner implies maybe it was dunked in the toilet. The only reason for the towel to be close to the toilet I can think of is to block gunpowder if Kei was standing close to the Fake-Kei in order to pull the string attached the gun, but I’m still not sure.

Fake Kei may have been able to wrap the lace around the gun (not knotted), and the friction of the knot held it in place for the pull (it works to hold up wet shoes and would work better if the lace was wet too) and she could loosen it quickly and let it drop to the ground once the trigger was pulled because it wasn’t in a knot.

The timing of how much of herself was taped at a certain moment is a bit tricky because you have to explain why she shooed Mouri away from the bathroom at first and could use her cellphone to text him, but then finished the tape job by the time Conan ran to the toilet after the gunshot. Maybe she hadn’t bound her hands (but had done her body and mouth) by the time Conan and Kogoro first arrived, and then she finished her hands after shooing them away. I assume she pulled the string while completely bound using the towel to limit gunpowder residue, either while facing backwards or she performed a trick like the robbers at Teito to get her hands behind her back before Conan could reach the restroom. I think the first is more likely because it takes less time.

Page 6: She can’t show ID because she isn’t the real Kei… Amuro clearly has the name trick figured because he presses to take her home and walk her up to her apartment as an excuse to investigate. Conan has this figured out too for that matter because he shows no surprise when he finds out she has a driver’s license on her later.

Page 7: I wonder if it’s possible that Amuro would know Akai had a detective-like younger sister? Akai’s family cleared out three years ago and Amuro could probably get records, neighbor testimony, pictures, school info, and other information about them and their interests assuming Akai Shuuichi is Akai’s real name and the one his family was using while in Japan. However, the Akais are probably currently well hidden and in witness-protection, so finding them, getting recent pictures, and getting their fake names would be hard. Even if Bourbon knew Sera was in Japan now, he can't be absolutely sure who Megure is referring to unless he is tracking Sera already and knows she is the only female detective hanging around. Then again, Amuro might just be interested on principle.

Mouri is very conveniently putting up the façade of knowing what he is doing by coming along. It gives Conan slight plausible deniability.

Page 8: This is obviously Real Kei’s apartment, but I wonder if Fake Kei or the brother could have been staying there? As I pointed out earlier, there were no pick marks on the door, which means Fake Kei entered freely and was able to plant the bugs. This likely indicates Fake Kei and Real Kei were acquainted.

Of course Conan faked going so he could take a look around and likely confirm the apartment’s owner….

Page 9: … Amuro and Mouri also have to go pee too, Amuro for the same reason as Conan. Again, Kogoro conveniently is providing plausible deniability for Conan because Amuro could assume Mouri is faking too just to see the apartment.

There is a set of black shoes by the door. They are probably the suitcase man’s when he took them off when he came over to Real’s apartment. That likely implies he was admitted as an acquaintance (fellow bank robber) and then betrayed. Fake Kei knows her way around and even what Real has stocked for tea. This more detailed than someone just planting bugs would know, so she also has likely come over socially, and thus it is more evidence she and Real know each other.

Page 10: The party is likely from the robbery success celebration. The table looks set for four to me because of the number of sitting spots and plates. This implies 3 robbers + Fake Kei, maybe. I won’t bank on it because it is pretty disorganized and the number of spaces may be off.

Page 11: I wonder if Amuro hung up Ran's phone on purpose to goad Sera into appearing at the Detective Agency later out of worry because Ran was suddenly cut off. Ran did announce Sera's name out loud so Amuro would know it's not Ran's mom. If Sera was yelling loud enough for Amuro to hear what she was saying, which is definitely possible, he might guess she is the female detective Megure mentioned earlier.

Only Black Org members have been shown to carry bug detectors around; no other detectives have been shown to keep bug detectors handy. It’s very convenient Amuro had one on him. He may have suspected Fake planted bugs to intercept Real’s communications and brought it with him, but it still means he had it in his car.

Fake Kei did not want Amuro to find the bugs. As soon as that happened she tried to clear out. I assume that’s because they would find the body under the bed which would implicate her severely.

Page 12: Conan forced Fake Kei to take him along so he could not inform the others that he left because the adults would realize it’s suspicious Fake is sneaking out. I’m surprised Amuro didn’t realize this and try to keep an eye on her too. He should smell the body too and guess what’s going on. He could have made a mistake or thought Conan might make a move to prevent her from leaving.

Page 13: If there hasn’t been enough evidence Fake Kei is Fake, the license should do it. She has sleeping pills on her. I wonder if she gave some to Real, to keep him asleep after tazing him or if she just drugged his drink that she served him in the agency and kept the Tazer as backup.

Page 14: That’s a pretty bare room. By now, Amuro really should have clued into the fact that Fake Kei is bad, she split, and Conan went with her and that he may be in danger. I really question why Amuro hasn’t said anything; he just isn’t very safety conscientious, made a serious mistake in deduction, or is testing Conan (and Kogoro by extension who should have also clued into the same facts). Even Hattori who knows Conan is Kudo and can take care of himself with the gadgets would have gone after Conan by now and ignored the bugs.

Conan’s faking obviously. He knows she is bad, and not to take juice from murderers.

Page 15: The Suitcase wasn’t locked. It was probably used for the robbery too.

Page 16: As a reminder I think suitcase was admitted as an acquaintance (fellow bank robber) and then betrayed based on the shoes by the door.

The dead guy was in the real Kei's apartment (I'm pretty sure she went to his place because it was bugged which is how she would know about his meeting with Mouri, also it would be too risky to go to her own place) so even though Fake Kei may have the grudge, it could be the real Kei killed suitcase dude and took the key from him - or infighting like that. Fake Kei may have only planted the bug inside the case.

Fake Kei could be texting the last robber in order to finish her grudge. The final robber is either a skinny short guy or a woman based on the appearances of the robbers from the video (one obvious guy (Real Kei), and two androgynous (Suitcase and ?))

I am curious who -Amuro, Kogoro, Ran will decide to go after Conan first. The case doesn’t like it will have a resolution next chapter yet, although I imagine part of the mystery will be solved.

I wonder if Subaru saw the broadcast?

• Upvote 5

Your uncanny observational skills are amazing once again, Chek! You still manage to spot slight clues and hints to solidify your theory. There's really not much to add after your analysis. The real question is what's going to happen in the next chapter? It definitely won't end, because there's way too much explanation to give in only 15 pages. I'm betting it'll end by the final 700 chapter, 799, but I'm guessing the final file to this arc will tie in with 800 (similar to what happened in 699-700). And with Sera and Amuro both involved, who knows how things will turn out by file 800? The excitement and hype is too much! Can't wait for the first bits of spoilers!

Page 11: I wonder if Amuro hung up Ran's phone on purpose to goad Sera into appearing at the Detective Agency later out of worry because Ran was suddenly cut off. Ran did announce Sera's name out loud so Amuro would know it's not Ran's mom. If Sera was yelling loud enough for Amuro to hear what she was saying, which is definitely possible, he might guess she is the female detective Megure mentioned earlier.

I think that unless he has been spying on them for quite a time, it's still too early to even speculate that "Sera-san" is the high-school detective that Megure was talking about just by hearing her conversation. She could just have been some random classmate of Ran who got worried after watching the news. If it had been Sonoko or anyone else instead, they would also have shown the same concern. Therefore, I don't think the reason why Amuro hangs up Ran's phone has anything to do with Sera.

Page 12: Conan forced Fake Kei to take him along so he could not inform the others that he left because the adults would realize it’s suspicious Fake is sneaking out. I’m surprised Amuro didn’t realize this and try to keep an eye on her too. He should smell the body too and guess what’s going on. He could have made a mistake or thought Conan might make a move to prevent her from leaving.

It seems that Conan's the only one who can smell the body right from the beginning. Ran and Kogoro couldn't smell it either. I think that Amuro and they can only smell it after entering the room with the corpse.

Page 14: That’s a pretty bare room. By now, Amuro really should have clued into the fact that Fake Kei is bad, she split, and Conan went with her and that he may be in danger. I really question why Amuro hasn’t said anything; he just isn’t very safety conscientious, made a serious mistake in deduction, or is testing Conan (and Kogoro by extension who should have also clued into the same facts). Even Hattori who knows Conan is Kudo and can take care of himself with the gadgets would have gone after Conan by now and ignored the bugs.

Conan’s faking obviously. He knows she is bad, and not to take juice from murderers.

I personally think that Amuro does notice "Fake Kei" and Conan's unnatural disappearance, because even Ran can point that out, let alone him; but for some reasons doesn't want to bring it up yet. He did know that Conan had some sort of plan from the beginning (when he pretended to go to the bathroom), and Amuro may not wants to interrupt it (even when it's dangerous and risky).

I wonder if Subaru saw the broadcast?

It's very likely. What I want to see in the next file is that both Sera and Okiya get worried about the Mouris, and decide to come to check the Agency, then have themselves a face-off there.

The mystery's getting really exciting! :D But I'm still hopeless at deduction, as always. (I fall for every trick Gosho puts in there... I didn't even think Conan could be faking till I came to this page. -.-' Perhaps I should start thinking while I read this stuff...)

So far it's pretty clear that the current case relates to the robbery, the woman killed at least the first guy, and the woman is pretending to be the real Kei (Dreadlocks) to fool the police investigation and the detectives. (Phone switch, bugging, apartment, license, etc.) The issues remaining are:

0) Why did the Fake Kei need to intercept the real one at Kogoro's office instead of killing him elsewhere or something like that?

1) The trick and timing "Kei" used to kill dreadlocks Kei (towel with corner wet, laces with knots) and why she would have to shoo Mouri and Conan from the bathroom for a second at first before initiating the trick.

2) Who is the man in the photo?

3) Fake Kei's relationship to the robbery and the man in the photo. Is she one of the three robbers, a helper of the robbers, or someone related to the bank?

4) What's the real story behind Fake Kei's story about her dead brother?

5) Fake Kei's motive for the crime. Money, revenge? She didn't try to keep the locker key. Is it even the real locker key in police possession or did she switch it out for another?

6) Who is Fake Kei contacting on the Real Kei's phone and why? Where is she going?

7) What is going on between the robbers? Infighting? Why is the money in the locker somewhere if it is?

8) Why would the Real Kei need to find the locker in the first place, and how and where did he get the key for it without knowing which locker it is for?

9) Who killed the guy in the suitcase? What was the motive? Is suitcase guy one of the robbers?

10) What is Sera going to do now that she has been cut off from Ran? Did Subaru see the broadcast? etc...

11) What Amuro's behavior in this case so far implies about him.

• Upvote 1

Good questions...

Hmm... Why don't we just throw Chek to real DC world? There she could start completing with Conan and other detectives...

I mean... her detuctions are just something so amazing...

But if we do that, we are not able to hear those detuctions anymore...

Forget what I said...

here is what i'm thinking, and maybe it will answer some of the questions that chek brought up

adding to my past deduction, on post # 44, Dreadlocks probably killed the first guy and he may have been the real kei. He was a careless guy that had recent "luck" and probably had a lot of ups and downs in life. A common thug. I think this because he kept loose change in the same pocket of his cellphone indicating sloppiness.He has money in large new looking bills indicating he was probably a bank robber. Regardless he took the real Kei's identity first, and came in to find this women. She probably tried to get information and the key. The tea may have been used to get information on finger prints as well. However in the process of trying to get information, mold of the key, etc ran out of time. She may have been found out not to be Mouri's apprentice, tased the guy. She couldn't transport him so she had to use her resources to make herself look as the real kei and switch places with him(the scratches indicate what is the original fake's things, and that means the taser isn't his. She could have put a fake key in his pocket,switched phones,taser, etc. The phone probably already had that picture on there for information purposes in questioning (maybe the guy in the picture was connected to the robbery).Or she sent the picture to that phone and deleted it off of her old one.(by the way the dreads guy probably was involved with the robbery as well, and used machines, or small shops to get change that could be put into bills and spent freely) Finally she used her shoe strings, towel and jacket for the trick. She used the end of her boot and much like a hula hoop spin the boot around herself with maybe some string attached. She wasn't well tapped so she could have taped her mouth and arms. Next she may have used the towel to dry the tea cup and clean the table to maybe cover up a small struggle and clean finger prints. After that she brought it into the bath room covered up the other lace with her jacket that may have had a light knot that pulled dreadlocks finger on the trigger.I find it strange her lipstick is in tact after tape was over her mouth though. Regardless she is there to find information about someone that probably had something to do with this robbery. The house isn't hers,but she has an idea where things were. The party was a robbery celebration she was involved in. The coin locker key may have had something to do with this.

I wonder what was that room conan was hiding in...

The thing that bothers me is she dosn't seem that bad to me, it feels like she is doing something to protect someone or something she cares about. In other words, she could be blackmailed into something like this. I'm not saying she is completely innocent, but still... Well, maybe thats just a feeling or maybe Conan thinks the same. Plus I wouldn't try to get into a case that is now publicized on television. There is a piece missing to this whole story. Her eyes were more fearful than killer to me. Maybe she was also betrayed by someone she trusted.

I really want to see how Sera will respond to this. Also isn't it strange how she is dressed and carries with her no purse. It feels like she wasn't completely prepared for the outcome.

Amuro's behavior after hearing about Sera to me indicate he found what he was looking for. Maybe he hung up Ran's phone so Sera wouldn't hear about him... one thing is for sure no ordiary detective has a bugging device, lots of money, and is only a part time waiter.

I've read the spoiler and pic!

spoiler of the day: It's about the next file, and don't say I didn't warn.

The first picture I saw is clearly obvious, Sera is talking about Conan when she holding the helmet. Every friends were on the search, possibly Hattori was on the way if he saw the news in Osaka. The next file is searching for Conan. I think I know why, Conan was wearing glasses and his disappearance was good enough for friends to find when he was with the suspect/murderer. It's a bit predictable, Amuro figure out and likely person who tell Sera and Agasa is Ran when they learn the truth.