Detective Conan World
1412 Kaitou

Detective Conan Drama

DC Drama Series  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Did you watch the DC Drama Series?

well, it was just now that i started watching the detective conan drama series. one thing i dont get is how come the cases are dated at year 2010 and Shinichi is stil Shinichi. If they were following the storyline of the 3rd drama special which happened 100 days before the conan incident, shouldn't it be on that year as well? i mean, on dc universe, the date he got shrunk wasn't at year 2010 right? then how come these cases involves Shinichi in it? Comment on your view on this issue please..thank you!

As with all timeline issues in the Conan universe, don't hurt your brain too badly trying to get everything to match up nice and neat... it's not worth the struggle

• Upvote 1

Agree. Meeting Heiji, solving Beika Center Building Case, etc... were WAY after he had been shrunken (which was "in" 1994 - 1995, if I remember right :D)

Not to mention while Ran and Shinichi had to be 16 before the Conan incident, Kogorou indicated in the last drama episode that Ran was 17.

See? Now my brain is hurting =))

The time line is quite strange, I agree. :\ Plus, the ending was kind of hahaha!

But the casting was wonderful. I love Shinichi, so handsome *A* drool~~~ kyaaa~~ JUNPEI!!! <3 <3 <3

And HOMG, THE HEIJI AND KAZUHA. SPOT ON. I love them soooo much D:

The time line is quite strange, I agree. :\ Plus, the ending was kind of hahaha!

I liked how they fixed the goof they made in the first special, with Ran's shoes... When I saw that they were looping back to the anime again, I watched for it like a hawk

I liked how they fixed the goof they made in the first special, with Ran's shoes... When I saw that they were looping back to the anime again, I watched for it like a hawk

/stares hard at screen

XDD I tend to do that do, watching like a hawk to see if there's any mistakes...

well, it was just now that i started watching the detective conan drama series. one thing i dont get is how come the cases are dated at year 2010 and Shinichi is stil Shinichi. If they were following the storyline of the 3rd drama special which happened 100 days before the conan incident, shouldn't it be on that year as well? i mean, on dc universe, the date he got shrunk wasn't at year 2010 right? then how come these cases involves Shinichi in it? Comment on your view on this issue please..thank you!

It's set three months before Shinchi becomes conan.

I love Kogoro's actor~ ^^ He plays Dan-sensei in the Detective Academy Q Drama~ :D

The series itself, I didn't care for... except the tactics for catching the suspect in the last episode.

please elaborate more... :blink:  :blink:

I've seen all but three of the episodes of the drama.  I've also seen the three live action specials.

I agree with previous comments to the effect that it only makes sense if you view it as an alternative continuity.

Still, for the most part I really like it.  It is certainly the best live action adaptation of a manga/anime that I've ever seen. 

I have to say the plot (basically, except the 'white room' part) doesn't differ that much from the anime/manga. The only trouble I have is that...

Please don't read this if you really like the drama series:

Detective Conan has had so many characters over the years, if they looked the same, no-one would be individual, that's why I think the main characters have their unique hairstyles and such. I'm really not saying the drama is bad (I think it did take a lot of work- perhaps even more than it did for the anime) but having the drama sort of... spoils the images and personality of Detective Conan characters for me... Therefore, after watching one drama, I stopped.

I was also confused of all the cases. I think It's very much like the structure of the anime- small mysteries revolving around a big one, but I really don't see how they match, (you know, how they somehow find themselves in a white room, but in the end it's basically a recollection of all the cases he has solved instead of how to actually get out). 

I'm sorry, truly, if you actually read this and you are a big drama fan... 

*bows and exits*

Agree with A.Haibara. Plot is reasonable but I have the weird sensation that many things are out of correct place!

Among the cast members, the actor who plays Kogoro was a good choice. However they simply "forgot" to customize the hairstyles of other characters.

Ran without her trademark "ahoge" (the pointy hair)... unacceptable.

Sonoko's hair is too long (couldn't they select one actress with Chanel style hair at least?)

In other hand haircut used by Kisaki Eri's is too short...

Maybe actual intention of the producers was create a DC "tokusatsu"... You may know that for Japanese Otaku, the worst are the effects... the better! Like Godzilla stepping over the hot wheels die cast models <_<