Detective Conan World
Yuenex

Old Series vs Latest Series

Old Series vs Latest Series  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Old Series vs Latest Series

Do you prefer the old series (as of Episode 1-) or the latest series (500+) in terms of story and the cases?

I prefer the old series as it sticks to the case, rather than going more to relationship.

I'm new here and I've been watching dc since I was 7!!!!! Used to watch only 1-100 as we bought them, but now watching and reading the new ones!!

Yuenex.

Edited by Yuenex

I don't know .. I like episodes from 600- :L

So I guess, the old ones... And LOL \o/ I ve watched dc since I was 7 as well! XD

hey i've changed it to 500 :D

nice! Conan all the way!!

I see. Well I don't like any episode after 600, pretty boring. Do you agree?

well i suppose they're alright. the only one i like is when they go to the uk! meh...lol old cases were much better than the new ones....i'm guessing Gosho's turning old lol!

well i suppose they're alright. the only one i like is when they go to the uk! meh...lol old cases were much better than the new ones....i'm guessing Gosho's turning old lol!

LOL ! Made up my day. ! "Gosho turning old" ! XD, old cases was intresting. While now, you can find out the criminal in one minute :V

the cases r getting easier

but i like the new graphic(ithink )of the later episodes

and more and more episode r relating back to the main goal od the show BO

I am quiet sure that if you would have started watching the series from EP 500+, i am sure you wont say "Cases are getting easier".

I can't really say anything about difficulties. Some cases are easier or harder than the other.

Overtime drawings get better like most of the animes do.

I like the old series, but it was because the thing about Shinichi -> Conan, BO, Haibara's appearance etc...

I like the cases but I like the storyline more, and i don't think it has to do with old & new series since it flows along... just takes less time in recent series.

I like the older series for cases. About 1-200 had some really good cases and then they got well, different. It started getting easier then the older cases, not easy, EASIER. But I do prefer the new art style. I don't really care, I love Detective Conan and I always have and will. If I have to choose older series for cases but newer series for main plot.

Yes, I agree the older episodes are better blah blah. The newer ones are so easy to solve blah blah. I think most of us are pretty much on the same boat (that the latest episodes don't stand a chance against the earliest). But there is probably a good explanation for that...

One of the main reasons why the newer episodes appear to be "easier" than the older episodes is because the DC fandom has gotten smarter. By episode 400, we've seen pretty much anything possible in a murder case; therefore, proceeding episodes seem to be repetitive in a sense. It must be difficult for Gosho to present a new and thrilling case to his readers/watchers every week. Bringing new murderers, motives, tricks, alibis, etc. to the table is quite a challenge for Gosho since his audience has become well-adapted to anything he has thrown out there. As a result, we develop more awareness about all the various possibilities, we are less prone to his twists and shockers, and we perceive all of the newer cases as "predictable" since we can practically read Gosho's mind now. So I believe it's safe to say that he is running out of new and refreshing ideas that can compete with the brains of his matured audience.

Congratulations DC fandom, you are all smarterer. :)

Yes, I agree the older episodes are better blah blah. The newer ones are so easy to solve blah blah. I think most of us are pretty much on the same boat (that the latest episodes don't stand a chance against the earliest). But there is probably a good explanation for that...

One of the main reasons why the newer episodes appear to be "easier" than the older episodes is because the DC fandom has gotten smarter. By episode 400, we've seen pretty much anything possible in a murder case; therefore, proceeding episodes seem to be repetitive in a sense. It must be difficult for Gosho to present a new and thrilling case to his readers/watchers every week. Bringing new murderers, motives, tricks, alibis, etc. to the table is quite a challenge for Gosho since his audience has become well-adapted to anything he has thrown out there. As a result, we develop more awareness about all the various possibilities, we are less prone to his twists and shockers, and we perceive all of the newer cases as "predictable" since we can practically read Gosho's mind now. So I believe it's safe to say that he is running out of new and refreshing ideas that can compete with the brains of his matured audience.

Thats exactly what i said...in a short way :P

This is so True, DC Made me smarter :P

I definitely agree with A J M.

It's not like Gosho has gone too old to present a thrilling case already :grin:, but we just got better in deducing his cases. LOL 600+ episodes is more than enough for us to get even a little bit of what kind of cases he is doing.

Nevertheless, I think easy cases are present whenever DB are involved. However, when Sato and the police department are involved, it's kinda more complicated.

Then I suppose it's ridiculously sad that I've never managed to completely solve one case on my own.... But I don't watch the anime. I read the manga. :P I have preference for 'in-the-middle' cases, because I own all the DC volumes up to 67. Right now, the manga needs to hurry it up and figure out which characters are actually important, but I still like it. :) Not as much as my dear ShinRan fluff or my beloved BO action, but it's still neat. XD