Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Amuro Tooru speculation thread

Amuro Tooru  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Amuro Tooru? (Multiple choice)

• Bourbon
    • Akai Shuuichi
    • Scar Akai
    • Member of the Black Organization (NOT Bourbon)
    • Just a detective
    • Free-lance assassin
    • Member of a rival organization
    • CIA
    • FBI
    • Another agency
    • Sera's older brother
    • Sera Masumi
    • Someone else
  2. 2. What is Amuro after? (multiple answer)

• Find Akai and/or investigate his death (NOT kill him!)
    • Find and Kill Akai (vs. just find him)
    • Find Sherry (NOT kill her!)
    • Find and Kill Sherry (vs. just find her)
    • Spy on/ investigate Conan
    • Uncover Conan's true identity
    • Kill Shinichi/Conan
    • Investigate Sera (NOT kill her!)
    • Find and Kill Sera
    • Spy on/Investigate Kogoro Detective Agency
    • Investigate Okiya
    • Kill Okiya
    • Spy on the FBI
    • Damage the FBI
    • Spy on the CIA
    • Damage the CIA
    • Spy on/Investigate the Black Org
    • Damage/Destroy the Black Org
    • Kill someone else
    • Something else not on this list

I think Amuro is Akai.

In the previous chapter "The Strongest Senpai", there's scene when Takagi remebered Date talked about a "Number 1 guy in police academy." Date said:

- Gentleman like takagi

- Disappeared and Date had no idea where he is.

So it's possible that Akai (Amuro) was in police academy with Date, after graduated, he was recruited by FBI and then went undercover. That's about the time that Date lost contact with him (When Amuro del the msg, it doesnt show the date of the msg so it's possible that the msg was sent before Akai went undercover.

Also from previous cases, it seems like Amuro already knew Kogoro Mouri is fake and the real one that solving cases is Conan ---> Akai had worked with Conan before, obviously he knows this.

So yea, I think Amuro is Akai

I think Amuro is Akai.

In the previous chapter "The Strongest Senpai", there's scene when Takagi remebered Date talked about a "Number 1 guy in police academy." Date said:

- Gentleman like takagi

- Disappeared and Date had no idea where he is.

I'm sorry but I (and I think most people too) hardly find Akai as a "gentleman" figure. Would a "gentleman" have such a kind of creepy face (click spoiler to see) ? I don't think so. MANY characters in the series find him scary (e.g. Ran, The Detective Boys...)

Akai%27s_happy_face.jpg

And how exactly did Akai turn into Amuro's look anyway ?

Also from previous cases, it seems like Amuro already knew Kogoro Mouri is fake and the real one that solving cases is Conan ---> Akai had worked with Conan before, obviously he knows this.

New characters can still figure that out, do they ? And Akai, who has already known the secret, approaching Kogoro and Conan, to do what ?

Also, I would like to refer to Chekhov's theory at the first page. There's a list of reasons why Amuro cannot be Akai. After reading it, if you have any objection, you can debate about it.

Well I think many times, the way character feel about others not necessary right (Conan did feel uneasy when he first met James Black, yet he turned out to be an FBI Agent, and quite a good boss to his subodinates). Beside, from other characters' view ( Akemi, or Jodie ) Akai was a good and gentle man.

Don't forget GA sensei like to confuse reader by drawing good/ innocent/ not involved characters with seemingly creepy faces at some points of the cases.

Anyway, personally, I think Akai's the cold outside, warm inside type, tho he grew colder and somehow obsessive to taken down Black Org after the death of Akemi.

As of approaching Mouri family, I think to keep an eye on the newly appeared character, to find which one is working for black org, and so.

Anyway, unless GA sensei planned to make Amuro a brand new character, OR Amuro is Bourbon and Bourbon had had time in the police force (for god know reasons), I think Akai is the most fit for this.

Who knows. GA sensei always knows how to surprise readers. All just ideas and guesses anyway.

Well I think many times, the way character feel about others not necessary right (Conan did feel uneasy when he first met James Black, yet he turned out to be an FBI Agent, and quite a good boss to his subodinates).

Conan didn't know James from before at the time. But now, he has known Akai. Wouldn't you find it strange how Conan and Ran never seem to find Amuro familiar, at least in his actions or the way he thought ?

Beside, from other characters' view ( Akemi, or Jodie ) Akai was a good and gentle man.

Quote me a dialogue where Akemi or Jodie or anyone commented Akai being a "gentleman" or something similar (make sure it's manga canon and the translation is reliable). They found him lovely, but they never stated that it was because he looks like a gentleman or so.

And you seem to be confused between "being good" and "being a gentleman". (The term "gentleman" does not really mean "a gentle man"). Good people, there are many. But NOT every good characters are with the "gentleman" type. Furthermore, an evil person or a criminal can still be a gentleman, sometimes in an even higher degree than the good guys (most obvious example would be Kaitou Kid), but most importantly, they DON'T GIVE PEOPLE THE KILLER VIBE.

Don't forget GA sensei like to confuse reader by drawing good/ innocent/ not involved characters with seemingly creepy faces at some points of the cases.

Again, being good doesn't automatically make a guy "gentleman" or similar. Also, Akai's creepy look is not just temporary in one certain scene/case, it's throughout the whole series.

By the way, remember that Gosho has also done the opposite way, which is, drawing a seemingly kind/innocent character (who turns out to be evil later). This case, it may match Amuro's profile.

Anyway, personally, I think Akai's the cold outside, warm inside type, tho he grew colder and somehow obsessive to taken down Black Org after the death of Akemi.

Still doesn't make him a "gentleman" or something similar.

As of approaching Mouri family, I think to keep an eye on the newly appeared character, to find which one is working for black org, and so.

To keep an eye, he could have just simply worked at Poirot, and observe the Mouri family, that would be much safer if he already knew that there's a BO member hanging around. Why bother doing something so openly like becoming Kogoro's apprentice and appearing with him everywhere ? It will only draw more attention, someone who's as smart as Akai will never do something that reckless. Also, Amuro KNEW that Conan was missing the other day, but didn't speak it up early, which showed the lack of care. Had it been Akai instead, would he have acted like that ?

Who knows. GA sensei always knows how to surprise readers. All just ideas and guesses anyway.

The revelation still has to make sense. Shocking, but still has to be logical. So far there are still many holes with this theory.

Speaking of logical, you never answered me, how exactly did Akai changed into "the Amuro form" ? And the handedness ??? If someone among them was Akai, then it would most likely be Okiya.

@Jakeel: I think the FBI only employs people who've born and grown up in America so that idea doesn't really work :/...

Other random stuff...

I've noticed the org tend to pay out a lot of money on cars, Gin's Porsche, Chianti's bullet-proof car (try this page) and the numerous motorbikes they have. I was just thinking that Amuro's car likely fits into this pattern because of how well it survived a car ramming into it in the Online Client case (here). In contrast, Okiya's car is so utterly opposite to that idea (see here and this post).

Chianti's car is not bullet-proof. They talking about Domon's car (Their target, whatever his name). And did they not buy the car themselve, I remember Vodka comment about how people interest in Gin's car because "his" (Gin) car is rare.

Obviously Okiya doesn't have high end car. His belonging are purchase by money in Sera's bank account and the 17 years old detective is not so rich.

And how exactly did Akai turn into Amuro's look anyway ?

The same way that Vermouth look like Araid probably. I didn't realise after the Shiragami-sama case where someone plastic surgery their face to look like Shinichi that it's still considered impossible to change your face/body/whatever to whatever the hell you want it to be in this manga.

With that said I don't think Amuro's Akai, I'm just saying you shouldn't judge by appearance much.

@Chianti's car- Oh, the 'they' wasn't very clear... it seems I misunderstood that, sorry...

@next bit: Don't get what you're trying to say here :/

@Sera's bank: Where does it say Okiya bought a car from Sera's bank account? ???

The same way that Vermouth look like Araid probably. I didn't realise after the Shiragami-sama case where someone plastic surgery their face to look like Shinichi that it's still considered impossible to change your face/body/whatever to whatever the hell you want it to be in this manga.

Still has many holes, that's why I wanted Jakeel to explain it to me.

For the latex mask argument, I will just quote Chek's words here because she has pointed out everything I want to say:

Amuro/Akai would have to use a relatively long term, even-coloring, abuse-tolerating disguise that darkens his skin color. Tanning is one method, but it is difficult to get a tan with complete coverage. (in the folds of the ears, on the scalp.) How dark is Amuro's skin anyway? A skin stain to darken skin on the hands, face, and neck is possible, but difficult and would likely require a professional to apply which leaves a witness. A mask would work for the face and neck (who would make these masks though?), but waitering involves hand abuse and spilled liquids and there is no such thing as a latex mask for hands.

The case for Scar Akai is different (assume that he's Amuro in disguise). He probably used some kind of liquid to make his skin white, but he only appeared for a short time in public, and his hand-actions were not as much as Amuro, so he can protect the cover (even if it gets revealed he can still put his hands in the pockets). Meanwhile, Amuro has to serve at restaurants with his bare hands, driving with his bare hands, and appeared for a very long time with the Mouris.

OK So let's assume that the disguise art in DC is advanced enough to make a "latex mask for hands" which has real-looking nails sticking tightly to it and can withstand countless types of hand abuses without any damage. The question is, like Chek has also pointed out, who provided those masks for Akai ?

Vermouth - Why would she help Akai ? How did she know that he was alive anyway ?

Kaitou Kid - Unlikely.

Yukiko - When ? And shouldn't Conan know if that's the case ? There is nothing to hide if Amuro really is Akai. Also, as far as we know, Yukiko wouldn't know who Akai is unless Conan introduce him to her. And so we reverse back to the argument of why didn't Conan react to Amuro or why Amuro showed the lack of care for Conan...

Another source/Akai himself/The FBI - Highly unlikely. Making those things requires professional works (even for Yukiko it took hours to prepare).

As for plastic surgery, for completely taking another person's appearances, it takes at least months to recover completely (and in real life it would actually takes much more). The guy who posed as Shinichi needed 6 months of hide-out, probably because of this reason (otherwise there would be no reason for him to hide that long, as his mind is full of vengeance). And for Akai, who even changed his skin color, and taking the appearance of someone who doesn't exist (which requires designs), it would even takes much longer. The "plot time-line" of the Conan universe works like this (as stated in the manga):

From Akemi's death to Akai's "death": ~ 2 months.

From Bloody Valentine to White Day Murder: 1 month.

I will let you calculate how much time it has passed ever since Akai's "death" until Amuro appeared.

Of course you can argue that such timing can be possible in DC, as Vermouth and Kaitou Kid are able to make latex masks much faster than in real life (which is nearly impossible). But the natures of "making things" and "human's physical recovery ability" are different. Making masks, you practice hard enough, you can still get near to that level. But physical recovery is something you cannot "master" or "control" with your will, so it has to follow the real-life rules.

Sera's bank account? When did that happen? Is it just a theory?

Sorry. I was just sarcasm. There're (even) no confirmation that Sera is Akai's sister although that's what I believe.

His belonging are purchase by money in Sera's bank account and the 17 years old detective is not so rich.

@Sera's bank: Where does it say Okiya bought a car from Sera's bank account? ???

Sera's bank account? When did that happen? Is it just a theory?

I think so, but I want to hear what User4869 has to say about it in case we've somehow missed something... :|

Blame Sonoci

bros.png

• Upvote 1

So how do you guys feel about the revelation of Amuro attending the Police Academy? Potential for anything interesting here? Why did he switch his career path to BO though (yeah, I'm Team Bourbon)? Did he feel too tied up in the justice system or was he simply looking for something more exciting? Is he the carefree ex of Yumi? Will this carefree nature be his Fatal Flaw? Just how evil is he? He doesn't seem to be a cackling maniac like I've first imagined Bourbon to be and seemed to like Date enough to pay a visit first to his workplace and after that didn't work out, to Date's grave. On the other hand, he wasn't particularly fazed by the fact a psycho might have just kidnapped a kid.

I firmly believe that he is in fact Bourbon, but I'm curious what will happen to Amuro after the reveal. Will he figure everything out just to get himself killed? Or will he figure everything out and conveniently switch sides (doesn't seem that probable as Conan already has a quite nice group of helpers, plus, SOMEONE HAS TO FINALLY TURN OUT TO BE A BAD GUY)? Or will he turn out to be in fact good? What do you think?

I admit, I got kind of attached to Amuro (it's the dumb Gundam references, I swear!), so I have been wondering...

seemed to like Date enough to pay a visit first to his workplace and after that didn't work out, to Date's grave. On the other hand, he wasn't particularly fazed by the fact a psycho might have just kidnapped a kid.

Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas

I personally think his reason for joining BO because Police full of rules and he's too reckless to keep in line (like want to shoot a suspect who he so sure is bad, while police (Especially in DC world) must save all life,even bad one.)

By introduce the plot about his connection to Date, Gosho seem to plan to make him a good guy (Or bad turn good).

I'm very elated with this guy, Amuro Tooru. He's the most interesting and mysterious person in DC right now.

First things first, my take: TOORU is BOURBON/SCAR AKAI

I think Amuro being a student of a police academy, as Date Wataru stated, is a key clue to Tooru's past. The following assumptions are still weak as I'm still on the process of re-watching/reading the important events that can help in deciphering Tooru's identity.

• Tooru is a good and competitive detective.

Always finishing first and outdoing a great police detective in Date, as stated in the Takagi case, is a hard feat. Meaning, Tooru is really above-par when it comes to him being a detective, which leads to the popular theory of him acting dumb in his first case in DC.

• Tooru joining the BO has something to do with Akai joining FBI.

My weak theory, for now, is that after attending the police academy with Date, something happened between him and Akai that sparked their rivalry. I'm not thinking of the accuracy of the dates and events that involved Akemi, which is one of the suspected reasons for their rivalry. After learning that Akai is an FBI agent, I assumed that Tooru might have joined BO to beat Akai.

I also agree with the theory that Tooru is out to find and kill Akai. He could have deduced already that there was something wrong with how Akai was killed by Kir. And therefore, is out to find where Akai is.

Lastly, I think Tooru is now on 'observation' mode. I also believe he already knows the capabilities of Conan, and supposedly, knows his real identity, being Shinichi Kudo. And with that explosive 800th chapter where the three (Sera, Tooru, Okiya) met, Tooru is out to know who Sera and Okiya really is. And I think the same applies for Sera and Okiya.

• Upvote 1

i still stick with Chekhov's theory if amuro is really akai then who would okiya be? bourbon? if it is so there's no way conan let him live at his house. furthermore on Thirteen Red Shirts Case when okiya saw scar akai and at the end of series he smiles to conan thinking that their planned maybe work of faking his death.

I'm borrowing this post for a stealth theory update on Amuro Tohru later. Please otherwise ignore this.

Amuro's Remaining Mysteries

V1.3 (January 6, 2014)

V1.2 (July 20, 2012)

Index:

Amuro's youth

Amuro's reason for hating Akai

Amuro's promise with Vermouth

Relationship with Date Wataru

Amuro's youth

Some of the Black Organization agents seemed to have been groomed for their eventual roles as children or teens, like Shiho. Amuro Tohru was also likely raised around Black Organization, although he may not have directly been a part of it in the beginning.

He was allowed to play tennis in middle school (~ages 12-15), assuming Amuro is not lying, so unlike Shiho his life wasn't completely centered on detective training. Gosho's weekly comment joked about the Org having a tennis club, which implies that he was around the Organization at this time. Amuro reported meeting Akemi, Elena, and Miyano Atsushi before they died, and if it is assumed that the Miyano parents died ~18 years ago, Amuro would be 11 when he met them. The Miyano parents didn't seem to go on family visits to outsiders often because the Black Organization would put whoever they visited under observation, (Hidden Bathroom secret) so Amuro being connected to the Org would make such a meeting easier. Amuro seemed to be especially taken by Elena, enough so that it was the first thing he mentioned upon meeting Shiho. It's unknown whether Amuro has any relations to other agents in the Black Organization (none seen so far have darker skin like him), or he was brought in from the outside because he looked promising.

Whatever the case, Amuro probably went to police academy on the Black Organization's orders to gain skills as an investigator and then began working for the BO afterwards because he cut off communication with Date.

In the January 4, 2014 interview with Gosho, it was revealed that Amuro's childhood will appear in the storyline as well as his childhood nickname. Amuro's dark skin color has a meaning. I imagine this will have to do with his induction into the Organization as a child, or his childhood in the Organization.

-Unknown, since the rivalry over Akemi was jossed-

Akai and Amuro having a rivalry over Akemi has been officially jossed by Gosho in the January 4, 2014 interview My feeling is that Amuro and Akemi were once friends, either in a relationship, or even childhood friends who grew up in the Organization together.

"You're the member of the Organization who was the rival of my sister's lover, Moroboshi Dai. From what my sister told me there was considerable antipathy between the two of you." It is clear Akemi knew Amuro better than Shiho who seems to only have heard of him. Akemi had no rank in the Organization and was allowed to live a mostly normal life, so it is unexpected that she knows much of anything about Bourbon. As an example, Shiho was extremely vague and revealed practically no details of what she was working on in her conversations with Akemi, so it seems Akemi was not cleared for anything important. It's unlikely Akemi heard about Bourbon second hand from Akai because Akai is not the type of guy who would be forthright about information like that, especially if it could bring Akemi into the crossfire. Instead it makes more sense that Akemi was in the crossfire to begin with because it centered around her to some extent. Furthermore, Akemi was still loyal to Akai despite knowing he was "the enemy" and was using her which only salts Bourbon's wounds.

Checking out the Gundam story may be useful.

There is the need to explain the issue of Bourbon not going rogue because the upper levels of the Organization ordered Akemi's death. If Amuro was raised in the Org since he was young (which is possible because he met the Miyano family when he was a teen), it's possible that his allegiance is pretty well grounded because of the childhood indoctrination, so instead of directing his anger at the Organization and its ways, he has directed it at the one who created the issue: Akai. It's also possible that Amuro has directed some anger at the one who killed Akemi - Gin. Bourbon and Gin do not seem to get along and don't communicate. Amuro also seemed to have enjoyed managing to drag Gin and his snipers out at the Beika Department store with his Scar Akai disguise.

In chapter 800, Vermouth reveals she has a promise with Bourbon which went unstated at the time. Amuro's promise with Vermouth is most likely something along the lines of "do not harm Kogoro, Ran, and Conan during the hunt for Akai." There may be a second part: "do what is feasible to protect Conan and Ran from danger", but it is possible that Amuro is choosing to do this on his own for reasons stated below.

During the scene where Vermouth mentions that she and Bourbon have a promise with one another, Vermouth is was watching an accident scene where Amuro was finishing up a case that involved Conan being kidnapped and held at gunpoint. Amuro had just rescued Conan using a dangerous car maneuver. In response to Amuro's actions, Vermouth said Bourbon earned some trust and reminds him of the promise. We know that Vermouth has a soft spot for Shinichi and Ran. Watching Amuro intentionally have his car rammed with Ran inside in order to crash the car Conan is in may have prompted Vermouth to remind him of the promise because what Amuro did was dangerous -- and also praise him for earning her trust for a successful rescue.

Amuro has a history of getting Conan out of trouble. The first instance was during the Teito Bank Heist where Amuro (as Scar Akai) rescued Conan from a hostage taker by shooting him. Shooting the gun risked calling attention to himself. Amuro later crashed his car to stop Conan's hostage taker (although he was slow to start looking for Conan even though he suspected Conan was taken hostage). Next, he tried to warn Conan about an incoming tennis racket. When Conan was hit anyway, Amuro rushed over, pushing Ran out of the way to get to him and then doctored him. He also seems to want to follow along with what Conan is doing; he hacked into the Mouri Detective agency computer expecting pictures sent by the Detective Boys for Kogoro.

Jossed material related to Akemi rivalry motive

This could be because Vermouth specified a requirement to protect Conan, but it's possible Amuro has his own reasons for looking after Conan if Amuro was close with Akemi...

Assuming a prior close relationship between Amuro and Akemi, that means Amuro absolutely would have paid attention to Akemi's death, including the newspaper article that showed Conan standing sadly over Akemi's body after he tried to save her.

Conan_newspaper.jpg

(manga image is equivalent to anime version)

If Amuro recognizes Conan from that article, it would explain why Amuro pays more attention to Conan's safety. (It may carry over to Ran and Kogoro by extension as they appeared in the article as well)

Awaiting more evidence...

Date and Amuro likely became friends because Amuro was in police academy with him. (I imagine Amuro went to the police academy under orders of the Black Organization to shape him into an investigator/detective type.) Date probably was a good influence on Amuro. Amuro cut off communication with him after graduating to avoid endangering him because the Black Organization doesn't like police and would be suspicious of Amuro continuing contact.

• Upvote 10

Well, Akai don't care anymore if disguise exposed. But I'm happy with the fact that he don't have to worry about it, after the incident in train. If he was on search list, he prefer that way if it's chance to confront by ways of protecting. I just hope and pray Conan won't get into trouble, or running into it.

I'm borrowing this post for a stealth theory update on Amuro Tohru later. Please otherwise ignore this.

Amuro's Remaining Mysteries

V1.2 (July 20, 2012)

Index:

Amuro's youth

Amuro's youth

Some of the Black Organization agents seemed to have been groomed for their eventual roles as children or teens, like Shiho. Amuro Tohru was also likely raised around Black Organization, although he may not have directly been a part of it in the beginning. (He was allowed to play tennis in middle school (~ages 12-15), assuming Amuro is not lying, so unlike Shiho his life wasn't completely centered on detective training.) He reported meeting Akemi, Elena, and Miyano Atsushi before they died, and if it is assumed that the Miyano parents died 10-15 years ago, Amuro would be 14-19 when he met them. The Miyano parents didn't seem to go on family visits to outsiders often because the Black Organization would put whoever they visited under observation, (Hidden Bathroom secret) so Amuro being connected to the Org would make such a meeting easier. Amuro seemed to be especially taken by Elena, enough so that it was the first thing he mentioned upon meeting Shiho. It's unknown whether Amuro has any relations to other agents in the Black Organization (none seen so far have darker skin like him), or he was brought in from the outside because he looked promising.

Whatever the case, Amuro probably went to police academy on the Black Organization's orders to gain skills as an investigator and then began working for the BO afterwards because he cut off communication with Date.

My feeling is that Amuro and Akemi were once friends, either in a relationship, or even childhood friends who grew up in the Organization together.

"You're the member of the Organization who was the rival of my sister's lover, Moroboshi Dai. From what my sister told me there was considerable antipathy between the two of you." It is clear Akemi knew Amuro better than Shiho who seems to only have heard of him. Akemi had no rank in the Organization and was allowed to live a mostly normal life, so it is unexpected that she knows much of anything about Bourbon. As an example, Shiho was extremely vague and revealed practically no details of what she was working on in her conversations with Akemi, so it seems Akemi was not cleared for anything important. It's unlikely Akemi heard about Bourbon second hand from Akai because Akai is not the type of guy who would be forthright about information like that, especially if it could bring Akemi into the crossfire. Instead it makes more sense that Akemi was in the crossfire to begin with because it centered around her to some extent. Furthermore, Akemi was still loyal to Akai despite knowing he was "the enemy" and was using her which only salts Bourbon's wounds.

Checking out the Gundam story may be useful.

There is the need to explain the issue of Bourbon not going rogue because the upper levels of the Organization ordered Akemi's death. If Amuro was raised in the Org since he was young (which is possible because he met the Miyano family when he was a teen), it's possible that his allegiance is pretty well grounded because of the childhood indoctrination, so instead of directing his anger at the Organization and its ways, he has directed it at the one who created the issue: Akai. It's also possible that Amuro has directed some anger at the one who killed Akemi - Gin. Bourbon and Gin do not seem to get along and don't communicate. Amuro also seemed to have enjoyed that he managed to drag Gin and his snipers out at the Beika Department store with his Scar Akai disguise.

In chapter 800, Vermouth reveals she has a promise with Bourbon which went unstated at the time. Amuro's promise with Vermouth is most likely something along the lines of "do not harm Kogoro, Ran, and Conan during the hunt for Akai." There may be a second part: "do what is feasible to protect Conan and Ran from danger", but it is possible that Amuro is choosing to do this on his own for reasons stated below.

During the scene where Vermouth mentions that she and Bourbon have a promise with one another, Vermouth is was watching an accident scene where Amuro was finishing up a case that involved Conan being kidnapped and held at gunpoint. Amuro had just rescued Conan using a dangerous car maneuver. In response to Amuro's actions, Vermouth said Bourbon earned some trust and reminds him of the promise. We know that Vermouth has a soft spot for Shinichi and Ran. Watching Amuro intentionally have his car rammed with Ran inside in order to crash the car Conan is in may have prompted Vermouth to remind him of the promise because what Amuro did was dangerous -- and also praise him for earning her trust for a successful rescue.

Amuro has a history of getting Conan out of trouble. The first instance was during the Teito Bank Heist where Amuro (as Scar Akai) rescued Conan from a hostage taker by shooting him. Shooting the gun risked calling attention to himself. Amuro later crashed his car to stop Conan's hostage taker (although he was slow to start looking for Conan even though he suspected Conan was taken hostage). Next, he tried to warn Conan about an incoming tennis racket. When Conan was hit anyway, Amuro rushed over, pushing Ran out of the way to get to him and then doctored him. This could be because Vermouth specified a requirement to protect Conan, but it's possible Amuro has his own reasons for looking after Conan if Amuro was close with Akemi...

Assuming a prior close relationship between Amuro and Akemi, that means Amuro absolutely would have paid attention to Akemi's death, including the newspaper article that showed Conan standing sadly over Akemi's body after he tried to save her.

Conan_newspaper.jpg

If Amuro recognizes Conan from that article, it would explain why Amuro pays more attention to Conan's safety. (It may carry over to Ran and Kogoro by extension as they appeared in the article as well)

Awaiting more evidence...

Date and Amuro likely became friends because Amuro was in police academy with him. (I imagine Amuro went to the police academy under orders of the Black Organization to shape him into an investigator/detective type.) Date probably was a good influence on Amuro. Amuro cut off communication with him after graduating to avoid endangering him because the Black Organization doesn't like police and would be suspicious of Amuro continuing contact.

You have good eyes, Checkov. I fancy you :mrgreen: Sometimes I think, "Maybe this person (Checkov, I mean) silently, really knows Who is anokata"

Please dont mind me :mrgreen:

Given that Amuro has ostensibly done little or nothing to harm Conan, Ran, Kogoro, and most of their associates, and assuming that Amuro/Bourbon's promise with Vermouth does indeed involve not harming Conan and company, I strongly suspect two things:

-Bourbon may have a "soft spot" within him just like Vermouth. If he had the personality of Gin and/or Pisco, I can only imagine what he would have done by now - uncover secret identities, kill people targeted by the BO, you name it, the possibilities are virtually endless.

-If Bourbon has not been told of it already by Vermouth, then he has the potential to find out who Conan (and possibly also Ai) really is. If I were Bourbon, I would first question Vermouth on why I am being told not to harm specific people, and if I'm not satisfied with Vermouth's responses, then I would go out and investigate them myself.

However, in the event Bourbon does find out the true identities of Conan and/or Ai, I wonder what he would do with this info - would he simply keep it to himself and do nothing, will he take action against Conan and co. himself, or will he tell others in the organization and spur them into action?

I think that Amuro's parents were also in the organization. If he had meet Haibara's parent, then he may had been invold since he was a teenager, or maybe his parents died and the organization took him in, when they heard about his intelligents.

Amuro has a history of getting Conan out of trouble. The first instance was during the Teito Bank Heist where Amuro (as Scar Akai) rescued Conan from a hostage taker by shooting him. Shooting the gun risked calling attention to himself. Amuro later crashed his car to stop Conan's hostage taker (although he was slow to start looking for Conan even though he suspected Conan was taken hostage). Next, he tried to warn Conan about an incoming tennis racket. When Conan was hit anyway, Amuro rushed over, pushing Ran out of the way to get to him and then doctored him. He also seems to want to follow along with what Conan is doing; he hacked into the Mouri Detective agency computer expecting pictures sent by the Detective Boys for Kogoro. This could be because Vermouth specified a requirement to protect Conan, but it's possible Amuro has his own reasons for looking after Conan if Amuro was close with Akemi...

Conan_newspaper.jpg

What if Vermouth had shown Amuro the newspaper article (rather than Amuro discovering it on his own) in order to give him a reason to protect Conan, Ran, and Kogoro? I ask this because if he did in fact notice Conan and co. in the background of the picture prior to his agreement with Vermouth, wouldn't he have investigated these "acquaintances" of Akemi a way long time ago? For what reason would he have to wait until now to meet up with these three? That's why I bring up the possibility that he had recently discovered the article from Vermouth.

Nevertheless, I am constantly impressed by your new discoveries and theories.