Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Amuro Tooru speculation thread

Amuro Tooru  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Amuro Tooru? (Multiple choice)

• Bourbon
    • Akai Shuuichi
    • Scar Akai
    • Member of the Black Organization (NOT Bourbon)
    • Just a detective
    • Free-lance assassin
    • Member of a rival organization
    • CIA
    • FBI
    • Another agency
    • Sera's older brother
    • Sera Masumi
    • Someone else
  2. 2. What is Amuro after? (multiple answer)

• Find Akai and/or investigate his death (NOT kill him!)
    • Find and Kill Akai (vs. just find him)
    • Find Sherry (NOT kill her!)
    • Find and Kill Sherry (vs. just find her)
    • Spy on/ investigate Conan
    • Uncover Conan's true identity
    • Kill Shinichi/Conan
    • Investigate Sera (NOT kill her!)
    • Find and Kill Sera
    • Spy on/Investigate Kogoro Detective Agency
    • Investigate Okiya
    • Kill Okiya
    • Spy on the FBI
    • Damage the FBI
    • Spy on the CIA
    • Damage the CIA
    • Spy on/Investigate the Black Org
    • Damage/Destroy the Black Org
    • Kill someone else
    • Something else not on this list

That still needs more evidence to confirm I'm afraid. Not only that we're not 100% sure about whether Tooru really knows Sera or not, but we are not even sure if anyone knows anyone. Gosho purposely made it seems ambiguous, and I doubt that it'd be for no reason. (Simply to troll us is also a "reason" too.)

By the way is it just me or does Tooru look a bit younger than his supposed age (29) ? It's just my personal feeling, because I don't have the chance to compare him with other characters, since random filler-case suspects have their own appearance design. I also cannot compare him to Vermouth (whose age is also "29") because she's a woman, and not Japanese. Anyway, I would fall off the chair if somehow he also had his age... "stuck" :rolleyes:

Though I don't have proof, I doubt Amuro's got his age 'stuck.' I think 29 is his real age. Doesn't look extra young to me.

He's hot enough to be anyone's boyfriend, but he's Bourbon... tsk. Maybe I should switch side and doll myself up into ideal girlfriend. But, this is Sonoko's side when she choose B.O. :mellow: If Sonoko saw him, may not want to let him go.

It is possible that Sonoko would get attracted to him, but she is ultimately gonna end up with Makoto, so no use. But, if I think about Amuro getting paired with someone, then the first person who comes on my mind is Sera (I don't like the idea). That's because of the Gundam connection. But, I don't think Sera will side the bad, so it's an unlikely situation.

Okay, after reading the latest case, I just noticed something that might be a solid proof that Amuro is actually Scar Akai. Sorry for double posting!

Is there no way you could paste the text? I want to read it, but I'm a bit leery of downloads...

Is there no way you could paste the text? I want to read it, but I'm a bit leery of downloads...

the text that you have been looking fore is this one that Charala97 wrote

pictures of amuro and scar akai from the previous 2 chapters where she compares their eyes

and this text:

1.Amuro and Scar Akai’s eyes are more sharp.Whereas, Sera’s eyes, when she is giving a similar kind of expression is moreround. So, Gosho has surely taken trouble to get.

2. Amuro’s and Scar Akai’s eyes as similar aspossible. Here’s a picture of Sera when she is shocked. See the difference?

then a picture of sera and her eyes

Who is Amuro Tooru and what is he up to? By popular request, a thread for speculating about the latest detective!

For past discussion, see this thread:

I hope everyone will repost their important deductions.

Also please recommend another poll question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

References

Name Origin:

Tooru Amuro has a Mobile Suit Gundam inspired name. He is named after the main protagonist Amuro Ray, and Amuro's voice actor Touru Furuya. Amuro Ray is the mortal enemy of Char Aznable, the character Akai Shuuichi is named after.

i dont think amuro is bourbon at all. his debut deduction was sub par, far from butting heads with akai. of course, he could have acted dumb to get close to his targets.

i dont think amuro is bourbon at all. his debut deduction was sub par, far from butting heads with akai. of course, he could have acted dumb to get close to his targets.

Who said that Bourbon's detective skill must be on par with/better than Akai or Conan ?

I think he was also deliberately acting dumb. If you read down to the wall of words, I explain why I think he threw his first case on purpose to have an excuse to get close to Kogoro.

I think that the gundam names are a very important hint towards who which character is, and I think that since amuro is named after the gundam pilot, who is Char(akai)'s adversary, I am betting that he is bourbon/scar akai. Either that, or Gosho sensei just pulled the biggest misleading plot twist in history :smile:

This might be a bit off topic, but there are a few things I'd like to add about all the Gundam references.

First about Char (Akai) -

- Char shot his enemy, Kycilia, through a veiwport with a bazooka (Akai shot Gin through his scope with a rifle)

- Char appeared to die (Kir 'killed' Akai)

- Char reappeared calling himself Quattro Bajeena (Akai may have reappeared as Subaru Okiya)

- Char, as Quattro, fought against the Titans, who wore black uniforms

The second and third have been noted several times, but I want to point out that the last happened in Zeta. If Gosho really is sticking with a Gundam timeline, then we are in the Zeta series now.

Now, about Amuro in the Zeta timeline -

- the Federation government thinks of him as their greatest pilot (Gin talks about Bourbon's ablility as incredible)

- however, the government also distrusts him, can't really understand his abilities, and keeps him confined (Gin hates Bourbon's personality, refers to him as someone who stepped out of a novel, and was not an active member until recently)

Just want to point out that in Zeta, Char and Amuro ended up as allies against the black clad Titans.

Sorry that my very first post was so long, but I had to get that off my chest.

• Upvote 1

This might be a bit off topic, but there are a few things I'd like to add about all the Gundam references.

- Char shot his enemy, Kycilia, through a veiwport with a bazooka (Akai shot Gin through his scope with a rifle)

- Char reappeared calling himself Quattro Bajeena (Akai may have reappeared as Subaru Okiya)

The second and third have been noted several times, but I want to point out that the last happened in Zeta. If Gosho really is sticking with a Gundam timeline, then we are in the Zeta series now.

- the Federation government thinks of him as their greatest pilot (Gin talks about Bourbon's ablility as incredible)

- however, the government also distrusts him, can't really understand his abilities, and keeps him confined (Gin hates Bourbon's personality, refers to him as someone who stepped out of a novel, and was not an active member until recently)

Just want to point out that in Zeta, Char and Amuro ended up as allies against the black clad Titans.

That's pretty interesting. I watched the original Gundam, but not the Zeta. How did Sayla fit into all of this?

Actually, Sayla only showed up in a couple of cameos. Her voice actress was, supposedly, on safari in africa and they didn't want to hire someone else, so they sort of left her out. At least, that's what I read, so I can't confirm that (about her voice actress; Sayla really wasn't in it). Kinda weird reason honestly. I've never read any of the novels so I don't know if she actually was supposed to play a bigger part in it.

There is something bothering me about Sera. I know that there is a thread about her elsewhere but this ties in with Amuro's identity. When she spoke of someone who never smiles, everyone assumed she was talking about Akai, her supposed brother. But I recall seeing him smiling often around Conan, though they were rather wry smiles (Rye smiles, sorry, I had to say it). The one person we see in flashbacks that never smiles is, well, Shiho, whose sister was killed because Akai betrayed the organization. It's a stretch, but if Sera were Bourbon, a huge curveball that Gosho might throw us, then perhaps Amuro is working for the FBI. Jodie's boss (sorry, forgotten his name and I'm doing this off the top of my head) seemed to recognize her when he was shown her picture, and Amuro did show up shortly thereafter. That would also keep with the Zeta theme I mentioned earlier with Char and Amuro on the same side. No, I don't really believe that's likely, but I think it's a good idea to keep other possibilities open since many people seem to be so sure of Amuro's identity based on assumptions centered around Gundam. And yes, I am definitely including myself.

There is something bothering me about Sera. I know that there is a thread about her elsewhere but this ties in with Amuro's identity. When she spoke of someone who never smiles, everyone assumed she was talking about Akai, her supposed brother. But I recall seeing him smiling often around Conan, though they were rather wry smiles (Rye smiles, sorry, I had to say it). The one person we see in flashbacks that never smiles is, well, Shiho, whose sister was killed because Akai betrayed the organization. It's a stretch, but if Sera were Bourbon, a huge curveball that Gosho might throw us, then perhaps Amuro is working for the FBI. Jodie's boss (sorry, forgotten his name and I'm doing this off the top of my head) seemed to recognize her when he was shown her picture, and Amuro did show up shortly thereafter. That would also keep with the Zeta theme I mentioned earlier with Char and Amuro on the same side. No, I don't really believe that's likely, but I think it's a good idea to keep other possibilities open since many people seem to be so sure of Amuro's identity based on assumptions centered around Gundam. And yes, I am definitely including myself.

Hm... I'm not very sure. The original phrase of "The one who never smiled" is 全然笑わない人. I'm not sure about Japanese, but in Chinese, the verb "笑" can mean either "smile" or "laugh", I guess in Japanese it's also the same (again, I'm not sure). I've also seen people translating it into "The one who never laughed". If Gosho's true idea is really "laugh" but not "smile", then Akai also fits the profile.

Not knowing enough about Chinese, or Japanese for that matter, I'll certainly concede the point. Even taking an non-literal slant, that is, someone who is never happy, both characters fit. The only time Akai is ever 'happy' is hunting BO members, Gin in particular, and unless the FBI is recruiting below the legal age, Sera would never see him like that.

Not knowing enough about Chinese, or Japanese for that matter, I'll certainly concede the point. Even taking an non-literal slant, that is, someone who is never happy, both characters fit. The only time Akai is ever 'happy' is hunting BO members, Gin in particular, and unless the FBI is recruiting below the legal age, Sera would never see him like that.

My point exactly. We cannot exclude Akai yet.

So if Gosho follows Gundam story,that means Akai and Amuro will become allies to fight against the BO?

That would be awesome^^

Hmm, but that was in Zeta - after Zeta, which is the movie Char's Counterattack, Char and Amuro fight on opposite sides. Ha ha, does that mean that Amuro and Akai will be on the same side for a while, then end up on opposite sides again? If Gosho decides to follow the Gundam plotline closely, that is.

. . . Or is that too much Gundam? XD

Not really something new, but it seems that Amuro Tooru is indeed his real name. Since he was called to the Police HQ, they would most likely ask him to show his ID, driving license... etc. for procedure purpose. The same probably goes for Sera as well. However, we can assume that they faked those papers (although I'm not sure if it's possible to do that without the police figuring out).