Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Amuro Tooru speculation thread

Amuro Tooru  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Amuro Tooru? (Multiple choice)

• Bourbon
    • Akai Shuuichi
    • Scar Akai
    • Member of the Black Organization (NOT Bourbon)
    • Just a detective
    • Free-lance assassin
    • Member of a rival organization
    • CIA
    • FBI
    • Another agency
    • Sera's older brother
    • Sera Masumi
    • Someone else
  2. 2. What is Amuro after? (multiple answer)

• Find Akai and/or investigate his death (NOT kill him!)
    • Find and Kill Akai (vs. just find him)
    • Find Sherry (NOT kill her!)
    • Find and Kill Sherry (vs. just find her)
    • Spy on/ investigate Conan
    • Uncover Conan's true identity
    • Kill Shinichi/Conan
    • Investigate Sera (NOT kill her!)
    • Find and Kill Sera
    • Spy on/Investigate Kogoro Detective Agency
    • Investigate Okiya
    • Kill Okiya
    • Spy on the FBI
    • Damage the FBI
    • Spy on the CIA
    • Damage the CIA
    • Spy on/Investigate the Black Org
    • Damage/Destroy the Black Org
    • Kill someone else
    • Something else not on this list

Or he deliberately be stupid?!? He sounding Kogoro; and yet Kogoro don't have a clue. Except for Shinichi. He doesn't like Amuro, he can figure out and feel everything become De ja vu.

After reading last chapter i can say only one thing.

If Amuro is Bourbon, he is suck. He failed the case and mistool murdere with suicide. I dont want to belive that scary Bourbon is stupid.

So far, it has never been made clear whether he was really mistaken or it was just an acting (which I highly think is the case). If Sera can fake her deduction, so can he.

Please note that Amuro obviously knows about the Turner syndrome. He also was the one asking Mouri to hold Banba's leg, literally. Not to mention that his theory about cutting some windbreaker and flush it into the toilet is completely ridiculous, to the point that it's unbelievable to think that it's true.

So far, it has never been made clear whether he was really mistaken or it was just an acting.

Very strange that Sera's acting we see very clear, including Conan.

*Sigh* Well it's a world of posibilities. Maybe he is a good actor.

But from this case i don't see anything... bourbony from him except his name which i think you take too seriously. It seems we just have to wait Detective Royal Battle - Conan, Sera, Okiya and Amuro.

But from this case i don't see anything... bourbony from him except his name which i think you take too seriously.

I think that for some unknown reasons, Gosho doesn't want to make the readers (or Conan) suspecting him yet. Especially if this whole Sera - Amuro thing is actually the beginning of a completely new arc, instead of the Okiya - Bourbon arc conclusion.

Also, I don't think that it's quite a good time to obviously reveal a character to be "Bourbony" at this moment, right before the big 800. The readers would be like: "WTH !??? If this guy is Bourbon then who's that Okiya dude ????" It would ruin the "shocking factor" (not that I think this whole thing is very "shocking" anymore).

However, Gosho still gives out a few clues. Not only his name is suspicious, but also his finance condition. He is rich enough to make Kogoro's eyes go "Yen", and he pays him for each case. Even when we don't know the exact amount, it must have been equal (or maybe much more) to Kogoro's usual fees given by his clients to make him that excited (the price of which btw is not very low).

He is only a part-time waiter and an amateur detective, where the hell does he get that much money ? Of course Sera is also suspiciously rich but at least she still hints that her parents are pretty wealthy, and it also does seem that way, though I don't really believe that's where she gets her money. But the point is, even if her family is not rich, at least we still know that she has one (which may be the origin of her cash), whether she's telling the truth or lying. We even know that her mother has big....

While with Amuro, we knows completely nothing about the source of such money, let alone deducing that he's lying or not. Of course suspecting a character to be BO just because they're rich is not a very valid speculation, but with every rich characters we have known so far (The Suzukis, Renya Karasuma...), we at least know (or be able to guess) some origins of their richness (whether they're legal or not), or that their family themselves are already rich. But with Amuro, everything is ambiguous, because with his part-time jobs alone, he can hardly earn that much money for each case. Gosho never mentioned anything about his background, of if he has a family, his parents still alive or not....

I also suspect him for more evidences which Chekhov has already listed.

I can double confirmed the Bourbon arc will be unraveled in the form of series. Gosho has introduce Sera and Amuro, and FBI show they're alert of Sera's presence. The story has started. :smile:

After reading last chapter i can say only one thing.

If Amuro is Bourbon, he is suck. He failed the case and mistool murdere with suicide. I dont want to belive that scary Bourbon is stupid.

I'm pretty sure he purposefully threw the case too, so he could have an excuse to test Kogoro and also apprentice with him later. Assuming Amuro purposefully got his deduction wrong, Amuro's "..." (795.4) seems to indicate that he is waiting for Kogoro to intervene as the main suspect Banba is about to be taken away by police. Amuro didn't speak up even at the last minute when Banba was about to go outside and inadvertently destroy the critical clue showing his innocence. If you think about it, this kind of behavior isn't normal for good detectives in DC. Good detectives never want innocent suspects accused even if this means trouble for the detective to prove it (unless they have told the police ahead of time are are trying to get the real culprit to incriminate themselves). This shows that Amuro isn't like the normal DC detectives, but is calculating instead.

The Amuro speculations document on the first page of this thread had been updated by the way.

He is only a part-time waiter and an amateur detective, where the hell does he get that much money ?

Hm, i missed it.

Amuro didn't speak up even at the last minute when Banba was about to go outside and inadvertently destroy the critical clue showing his innocence. If you think about it, this kind of behavior isn't normal for good detectives in DC

Well i never said that he is a good man. I had that feeling from previous chapter already.

I just don't belive that he is a Bourbon.

Hmmmm. But you are good. I almost ready to admit my defeating. But not forget, good theories can be a trap too.

I also wonder if "Tooru Amuro" is even his real name ?

I'm not so sure of that either. If he is Bourbon, he means serious business. He might be faking his name for the same purpose. He doesn't believe that Akai is dead. He has come to search for him. He suspects that Akai is somewhere in the Beika region. So that's why he might have started being active there. And the reason for faking his name would be:

1) Because he would not want to reveal the existence of the BO to the outside world(If he was caught).

2) Because Akai might know his real name when he infiltrated the BO and if Bourbon used his real name, then Akai will become aware of his presence (Because he believes that Akai's alive).

This is direct speculation. I have no proof to support this. But, most probably, Amuro Tooru is a fake name. A very good question Black Demon.

@Moroboshi Dai:Personally, I don't like Tooru either. He seems to be a complete fake.

The latest file also have several proofs of Amuro being right-handed (although he does use with his left hand once or twice).

Page 6 (3rd square): He points at himself with right hand (I wonder if that counts ?)

Page 7 + 8: The two pages both show Tooru using right hand to hold the cup during the whole conversation. This is probably the most solid one.

Page 11 (3rd, 4th, 5th square): He is shown using right hand to do... I don't even know what to call that action. (Also wonder if that counts ?).

Page 12 (4th square): Opens the door with right hand.

The only two scenes in which Tooru is using left hand [to do short-timed actions that right-handed persons can also do btw] is:

Page 9 (4th square): Closing the door.

Page 10 (3rd square): Examining the cup.

NOTE: "1st, 2nd, 3rd... square" is indicating to reading order.

And I also suspect that "Tooru Amuro" is his fake name. There's no point in risking using the real one (well, if he HAS one of course).

Amuro investigated Mori weary well, according to this new chapter. Makes me wonder how much did he investigate on Conan, Ran and the people they hang around with, for now

Also, Conan reached the bathroom before Amuro and he was closer to it. Maybe he is suspecting Conan of something

Amuro investigated Mori weary well, according to this new chapter. Makes me wonder how much did he investigate on Conan, Ran and the people they hang around with, for now

Also, Conan reached the bathroom before Amuro and he was closer to it. Maybe he is suspecting Conan of something

Amuro can't get anything out of Conan since he is a child. I think he has a job to save if he wanted to see Conan.

*likes Amuro* *_*

I also think he's Bourbon.

But I also have some other random theories \o/

He's Akai who was in Hawaii till now (thus tanned), slept well and lost his bags under his eyes, dyed his hair (or they turned white because of the sun), and is painting his eyebrows. Thus, the mentioning of Hawaii in the movies was ALWAYS A HINT!!! *gets bricked*

Another thing are the names related to Gundam. We know that Moboroshi Dai is definitely a fake name, and still related to Gundam. Akai's and Sera's names are related to Gundam too, and now Amuro.

It could be a hint from Gosho. But what if the FBI uses Gundam names for their undercover/fake names? D: Since afaik, Mizunashi Rena is also a hint on 007/James Bond.

Maybe they also know each other from childhood and it's a hint on AkaixAmuro *gets bricked again*

So maybe he's an undercover agent from the FBI? Like Akai, he infiltrated the BO, or maybe together with Akai. Just that Akai got found out because of Camel.

He's Akai who was in Hawaii till now (thus tanned), slept well and lost his bags under his eyes, dyed his hair (or they turned white because of the sun), and is painting his eyebrows. Thus, the mentioning of Hawaii in the movies was ALWAYS A HINT!!! *gets bricked*

I definitely agree with this! :D

*likes Amuro* *_*

I also think he's Bourbon.

But I also have some other random theories \o/

I second icon_mrgreen.gif

Chapter 797 confirms that Amuro Tooru knows Sera Masumi. He is surely involved in the Black Organisation-FBI game

We can't be so sure of that yet....... but he surely has taken some interest in her. Sera also seems to be keen to meet Amuro, I wonder what his reaction is gonna be like......... it could be like this "This girl...... she looks like.......AKAI!?" :P

Chapter 797 confirms that Amuro Tooru knows Sera Masumi. He is surely involved in the Black Organisation-FBI game

That still needs more evidence to confirm I'm afraid. Not only that we're not 100% sure about whether Tooru really knows Sera or not, but we are not even sure if anyone knows anyone. Gosho purposely made it seems ambiguous, and I doubt that it'd be for no reason. (Simply to troll us is also a "reason" too.)

By the way is it just me or does Tooru look a bit younger than his supposed age (29) ? It's just my personal feeling, because I don't have the chance to compare him with other characters, since random filler-case suspects have their own appearance design. I also cannot compare him to Vermouth (whose age is also "29") because she's a woman, and not Japanese. Anyway, I would fall off the chair if somehow he also had his age... "stuck" :rolleyes: