Detective Conan World
Parkur

The Official Movie 15 Discussion Thread

The movie was AMAZING. Loved it~!!

However... I felt like it was a bit too fast-paced. Lots of ConAi moments, and not much ShinRan till the end... Not much of Ran at all, really. Also, they really brushed off some important things really quickly... XD Geez, Conan! you've done the impossible... Again.

Just finished watching the movie. My thoughts:

Pros:

- good music (But repeats a theme waaaaay to many times. You'll understand when you watch it.)

- good mystery (seems obvious at first, but there are enough twists and turns that make it interesting)

- good action scene at the end (Conan does some crazy stuff with his snowboard)

- very dramatic at the end (ShinRans will love it of course)

Cons:

- many plot points left a bit open

- not as much death as you'd expect

- extremely unrealistic (especially at the skateboarding and snowboarding parts)

- plot unrealistically tied together at some parts (lots of luck involved with solving the mystery)

Those are just my opinions. Overall, I'd put it together with M-8 and M-9 in how good it was. It was a good movie, but not exceptional like some of the earlier.

This movie took a few steps in the right direction. It had its share of problems and a lot of those problems were from physics and certain assumptions... But it wasn't THAT bad. There was some plot holes, but nothing too too major. Overall if they continue in this direction we may actually get a legitimately good movie... eventually...

If anybody got turned off from the movies 'cause of 11, 13, & 14, then this movie will cheer you up, as it's actually better than all three of them. Take a peek and see.

I think that movie 14 was one of the best movies ,same goes with movie 7 :P

Ok, ok, here we go. First of all, I had already watched this movie about a week ago when it came out raw, and I have to say I thought it was more enjoyable the second time around (the english subs probably helped).

Anyway, let's start with the negative aspects :

-A certain repetitiveness in the use of the music at some points, mostly during the first half in fact.

-After being right into the action at the beginning, the story slows down a bit too much. I don't mind that when it's for the investigation, but in this case it was mostly used for a bunch of annoying scenes with the Detective Boys (eating, buying souvenirs, getting lost : boy was that scene with the 'words are swords' cheesy...).

-Even if an effort was made to balance action and mystery, some progress still needs to be made, mostly by taking out some of the aforementioned scene and having the case occupy the screne a bit more.

-Some loose ends left after the case is solved.

-The secondary characters felt a bit flat. Not one of them stood out like Reiko in movie 12 or Irish in movie 13 (even if I don't like that movie).

For the postive now :

-The use of music during the action scenes and while Conan was being rescued was perfect. Some other tracks where quite nice too (when we see the DB slaying).

-Not too many action scenes. Furthermore they were well balanced.

-Absolutely beautiful animation for the landscapes. This made some scenes like the one with the diamond dust or the one with Conan, Ran and the trees with lights even more enjoyable.

-Except for those 20-25 minutes where the movie does get a bit tiresome, the pacing is great and well handled for a 109 minute movie.

-The humour is classic : Kogoro and women, Haibara and Agasa, Conan's inner comments...but it works and that's all I'm asking for.

-There is some fanservice, but it's reasonable and isn't shoved down our throats.

-The ending was very emotional. The music helped a lot. In fact the whole drama worked pretty well.

-There was an effort made to have an actual case, and despite its weaknesses, it wasn't as bad or insignificant as I thought it was when I watched the RAW. Furthermore, at the end, apart from those little loose ends, almost everything was correctly tied together.

After having watched it once, I ranked it under movie 12. Now, I would rank it along movie 12 or maybe even movie 1. Overall, we have an enjoyable story with decent pacing, nice humour, some emotion and a decent case (despite there being room for improvement). Considering the director is new, I say he's done a pretty good job. This movie gets a 7/10 from me. (P.S : Movie 14 would get a 2.5 and Movie 13 a 5).

• Upvote 2

Uhmmmmm. What is M.15 About ? Can You Tell Me ?

I'll copy and paste the plot summary because I'm lazy

"The governor of Tokyo gets a threat letter and the subway he later travels on explodes and kills him. As Conan investigates, he realizes that this present day mystery ties in with a mystery that occurred eight years ago in a mountain town. A young boy by the name of Touma Tachihara fell into an abyss and lost consciousness. He had only just awoken, but remembers nothing of his past. Conan soon realizes that the key to solving this mystery lies within the boy's forgotten past, and tries desperately to revive Touma's memories. But an even darker threat looms ahead as a large dam located near the mountain town is rigged with time bombs and there are only fifteen minutes before all the bombs blow and the town is crushed in a torrent of water. In a desperate race against time, Conan must perform one of his most daring rescue missions and cheat death in this heart-pounding survival mystery. Can he beat the clock, or will things melt under the storm? Find out as the clock is ticking on the Quarter of Silence!"

I say, it very good, and scary, of how movie when.

Not only that, it show Conan/Jimmy Kudo to Ran they quite close to each other, like at end of show, when conan was stuck under Snow with that Jimmy Kudo writing down that gift would he like from Ran, And At VERY! End, hello Greater DetectiveKogoro Mouri (Old Man) alway want to watch his favourite show.

QUESTION IS NOW will there be next one number 16... or did Movie said that at end (since i written in Japan that i wasn't sure, where I from UK).

ALSO, when Conan/Jimmy Kudo is return back or is it get worse now for Ran.... hmmm as it kinda for this movie MISSINGlove person and Scary, but most of it was GOOD :)

What you say?

Have great day

I say, it very good, and scary, of how movie when.

Not only that, it show Conan/Jimmy Kudo to Ran they quite close to each other, like at end of show, when conan was stuck under Snow with that Jimmy Kudo writing down that gift would he like from Ran, And At VERY! End, hello Greater DetectiveKogoro Mouri (Old Man) alway want to watch his favourite show.

QUESTION IS NOW will there be next one number 16... or did Movie said that at end (since i written in Japan that i wasn't sure, where I from UK).

ALSO, when Conan/Jimmy Kudo is return back or is it get worse now for Ran.... hmmm as it kinda for this movie MISSINGlove person and Scary, but most of it was GOOD :)

What you say?

Have great day

Saw the movie today :)

It's a good movie and everything, but I didn't find it too different from the other ones.

Pros: EXCITING MOVIE!!! :D Funny tidbits, too (I <3 Shiratori! ;D, Kogoro and the monkey) Ai was especially outstanding.

Cons: The slightly 3D effect it has ticks me off. Too much Detective Boys; they're starting to annoy me. Not enough ShinRan :( </3333 I wish Conan had turned back or something!

Just watched it earlier. Very good, I must say.

The best part of the film is whenever Conan is with his skateboard/snowboard. It's just too good to be true for him to pull of those back flips and a masterful job of maneuvering through the forest during the last part.

And of course, his escape act from the dam that is about to be destructed. Super cool!!

The scene where the title of the movie, Quarter of Silence, made sense, I was really touched by that part. And very symbolic of Ran calling Shinichi when she's lost all hope, but actually, has saved Conan's life. Thanks to his handy dandy phone. :grin:

I agree, the case was a bit off. Could have been more exciting had the antagonist wasn't just one person (secretly hoping for a BO movie come movie 16 :grin: ).

The DB scenes? Quite annoying, but Ayumi is so cute, so, I can forgive that. Haha

Lastly, that AiCon thingy in the snowboard. I was hoping Ai feels something because of that. But, oh well, I guess she already has a long time ago already. :mrgreen:

7.5/10 for me ;)