Detective Conan World
ZaydenRei

What the???

It looked like it was "bootlegg'd" in the theater, which is illegal here. Utube and another website I usualy go to had a big number of the back episodes removed for infringements, but they were on there for over a year. Oh well I guess jumping to conclusion is over the cliff sometimes :)

It looked like it was "bootlegg'd" in the theater, which is illegal here. Utube and another website I usualy go to had a big number of the back episodes removed for infringements, but they were on there for over a year. Oh well I guess jumping to conclusion is over the cliff sometimes :)

You know... the two are not connected.

There is something called "Copyright infringement." Basically Shogakukan and TMS don't want their property on the web, as that prevents people from BUYING. Why buy something when you can get it for free? So to prevent this they tell youtube, and what ever other service has their property on it and tell them to remove it or else a lawsuit will be brought up. Same reason why the Watch Section here is no more. This has been happening increasingly over the years, and has nothing to do with an isolated incident like a movie being leaked onto the net (which happens with every movie no matter what, which is why companies now HIRE people to search the internet to find their property and have it removed)

As for Andyee, please refrain from asking... Even with the limited fan-base that DC has, it gets quite annoying when people continually ask for releases. We work at our own pace, and we put out a certain quality, a quality that we can be proud of. We are not a speedsub group, never have been and never will be, so they will come out when ready, and no sooner. Not to mention that most of us have lives, like school and work. DC is not our primary concern. DCTP would appreciate it if you and all other fans would exercise patience.

Chances are you are relatively new to the DC fansubbing scene and don't remember the days when DC fansubbing was HORRIBLY fragmented, sporadic, and completely unreliable. There would maybe be an episode out every few months, instead of one almost every week. So be grateful for DCTP and the work they do, and please don't ask. Asking only makes us irritated.

• Upvote 2

Chances are you are relatively new to the DC fansubbing scene and don't remember the days when DC fansubbing was HORRIBLY fragmented, sporadic, and completely unreliable. There would maybe be an episode out every few months, instead of one almost every week. So be grateful for DCTP and the work they do, and please don't ask. Asking only makes us irritated.

Which justifies the arrogantly snarky response in... what way, exactly?blink.gif

Considering that 634 came out a month ago, no less. It's not like the episode came out yesterday. It's been a month and your favorite show's new episode still hasn't been released. Of course some folks are gonna be itching to know a status update.

I dunno, I just never understood the arrogant response some folks on DCTP give to people when it's been like a month and an episode still hasn't come out. The real world consists of impatient people everywhere you go. The arrogant response makes you guys look bad, and it's very bad PR.

Which justifies the arrogantly snarky response in... what way, exactly?blink.gif

Considering that 634 came out a month ago, no less. It's not like the episode came out yesterday. It's been a month and your favorite show's new episode still hasn't been released. Of course some folks are gonna be itching to know a status update.

I dunno, I just never understood the arrogant response some folks on DCTP give to people when it's been like a month and an episode still hasn't come out. The real world consists of impatient people everywhere you go. The arrogant response makes you guys look bad, and it's very bad PR.

It isn't arrogance CC... DCTP doesn't have unlimited resources, and we put out the movie, which was the equivalent of about 8 episodes in terms of script length, in a fairly respectable time of two weeks. It is irritating when people ask consistently and this is not our job, so it doesn't take priority.

We do our best, and appreciate it if people don't ask and allow us to do it at our pace. Sure people can be impatient, but again, things could always be worse, and it was before the advent of DCTP.

In the words of Col. Jessep: "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to." Just replace "freedom" with "service," and the second to last line with "you form a group and translate yourself." :P

Sorry, CC, it seemed so perfect, I couldn't resist

All of which is fine and dandy, but has nothing to do with my original point, in that Parkur snarking on the user like that was, frankly, uncalled for. Unless you think snarking on people like that is a perfectly fine way to respond to a post wondering why an episode that came out a month ago hasn't been done yet?

All of which is fine and dandy, but has nothing to do with my original point, in that Parkur snarking on the user like that was, frankly, uncalled for. Unless you think snarking on people like that is a perfectly fine way to respond to a post wondering why an episode that came out a month ago hasn't been done yet?

Please refer the the Col Jessep quote for the reasoning behind Parkur's snarkiness :P

I pretty much agree with CC. It would take 1 minute to answer : 'We subbed movie 15 which is the equivalent of 6-8 episodes and Magic Kaito episode 5 which aired after episode 634 so please be patient.' and it's much more effective. People are certainly impatient, among other things, but they're usually mostly curious and a simple status update or piece of information almost always does the trick.

Of course, it a different matter when facing an obvious troll attempt, but that didn't seem to be the case here.

• Upvote 3

I pretty much agree with CC. It would take 1 minute to answer : 'We subbed movie 15 which is the equivalent of 6-8 episodes and Magic Kaito episode 5 which aired after episode 634 so please be patient.' and it's much more effective. People are certainly impatient, among other things, but they're usually mostly curious and a simple status update or piece of information almost always does the trick.

Of course, it a different matter when facing an obvious troll attempt, but that didn't seem to be the case here.

The point is that most of the DCTP staff that became snarky DID answer like that at one point, but YEARS of the same thing and the same questions get grating, hence the snarkiness. Sure, saying it nicely may be perceived as better, but believe it or not, that leads to the same question being asked again if another episode is delayed by the same people. Meeting such questions with snarkiness leaves an impression that such questions SHOULD NOT be asked. Whether or not you agree, a lot of fansubbers end up feeling this way.

I try not to fall in to that, but I do snap at people after a while.

*nods* Totally agrees.

Even though I think it's totally par-chan's personality XD

Anyways, DCTP has always done a good job. And I know it's not relevant to the topic but... I think I'm one of those who is impatient XD but I don't mean to be impatient... It's because this is such a wonderful series usually we can't wait for it to be out. But this doesn't mean we are not thankful. So...

Off-topic:

Thank you DCTP and all the staff who contributed to the episodes and brought to us this wonderful series!!!! \o/ <3

Back to topic: (wait... I'm not even sure of the topic)

MK 5 is out?! :o Gosh... So busy I didn't even hear of it >__<

@Kyuu: about the part where "questions should not be asked." I don't really think that, fans being INTERESTED in when it would be out due to curiosity, is wrong. I think it is perfectly understandable. You as a fan should understand that as well i believe. I think you can choose to ignore if you don't want to answer. Or a little piece of information would be nice. No harm in that. In my opinion.

Meeting such questions with snarkiness leaves an impression that such questions SHOULD NOT be asked.

Except it doesn't stop the questions from being asked. And then it becomes people looking for an excuse to snark. Which in fandoms as a whole, is unfortunately unsurprising.

Whether or not you agree, a lot of fansubbers end up feeling this way.

No offense, but boo-hoo to them. They decided to go into fansubbing, they should know by now how things work. It's not like they're nagging them at their door or on the phone. I tend to hope people getting into fansubbing realize that's how it's going to be.

Like Waka said, there's a difference in someone being a troll and someone just wanting to know because they LIKE the series. Consider it a compliment that people like DCTP's work enough that they care to know how DCTP is doing with episodes.

I blame my snarkiness when people ask about release dates because I used to ask about release dates and I got snarky remarks.

Vicious cycle.

I'm sorry if my question "offended" someone ;-) I tried to find the answer in the forums (I used the "search" function), but couldn't find anything (maybe i didn't look thoroughly).

There is no reason for being an ***. If you are in a bad mood or can't answer politely, what's the point of posting something? I'm not impatient, but just wanted to know whether it is normal for DC episodes to be subbed that late.

King regards,

Andrii

I blame my snarkiness when people ask about release dates because I used to ask about release dates and I got snarky remarks.

Vicious cycle.

Haha. Yeah... well... It happens. :P

I'm sorry if my question "offended" someone ;-) I tried to find the answer in the forums (I used the "search" function), but couldn't find anything (maybe i didn't look thoroughly).

There is no reason for being an ***. If you are in a bad mood or can't answer politely, what's the point of posting something? I'm not impatient, but just wanted to know whether it is normal for DC episodes to be subbed that late.

King regards,

Andrii

The reason why nothing came up is because, at least on DCTP, we have a strict no asking policy. As for here... they don't have said policy because they don't have most of the DCTP staff here... Parkur and I are basically it, unless Abs. wants to surface again...

And believe me, the response you got here is fairly tame, because on DCTP you'd have likely gotten SEVERAL members, not even staff, to tell you to be patient. Most likely because they realize that it only serves to annoy the people who are diligently working on the episode and doesn't make it come out any faster. In terms of fansubbing... FAN is the key part... We are merely fans who are doing a service for the love of the series (hell, some of us are only doing it for the love of the community now), for free. It is our very time consuming hobby, and we treat it as thus and sometimes have to put it on the back burner in lieu of work, school or even our nearly nonexistent social life.

It isn't your fault... Most fansubbers get jaded after a while. There are 5 kinds of fans from what I have seen... 1) Patient and quiet, 2) Patient and verbal (as in they tell off the verbal impatient fans) 3) Impatient and quiet, 4) Impatient and verbal 5) Trolls (which have a whole slew of subcategories all of their own)... The majority fall into the quiet categories, whether impatient or patient it doesn't matter, but they at least don't complain or question why it is out. They just lay in wait, lurking on the forums for the announcement of release... The problems arise from the verbal side of the community. Even without the staff stepping in there is almost always both sides when people ask about release times or why something is delayed. And the staff get tired of saying the same thing over and over...

In DCTP, there is only ONE person who actually knows the release schedule, which is Jd-. Everyone else does THEIR job and that is it. No individual member will ever know the release time of any episode, because once it leaves their hand there is the next stage to consider. Even encoding which is pretty much the last thing has to wonder about how long QC and distro will take. And even after the final encoder gets done and sends it off, he has to wonder how long it will take the seeders, and the uploads to ddl and ctv will take to get set up (distro). That is probably where the irritation comes in, because WE HONESTLY DON'T KNOW. We only know that it is being worked on.

So just for future reference, please... don't ask and be a bit more patient. DCTP is still going and it will come out eventually, it is just a matter of time.

Vicious cycle.

Haha. Yeah... well... It happens. :P

That sure doesn't excuse the rude antisocial factor though.

And the staff get tired of saying the same thing over and over...

Post an announcement saying the releases have been delayed then. I don't care because I don't watch the anime, but I believe if someone is asking a question in good faith they should get an answer in one. Whenever I am in the cbox, I always answer release date questions if they were asked nicely.

Just remember DCW is not DCTP and you all are being held to different standards here. Snark to anyone asking a question in good faith, and your warning level goes up until you hit ban threshold. Mods do monitor this and I try to warn people they are going too far with rudeness when I do dish out increases toward ban threshold.

In any case I'm going to lock the topic because there are no excuses for rude behavior on DCW.

• Upvote 6