Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Southpaw

hiya ^_^

Hi, I'm Sara. I typically go by Southpaw, or southpawSara, or if both of those are taken, I've occasionally gone by KudoRan :)

I started watching DC in... the summer of 2004, I suppose, when the English dub first started airing on adult swim. I'd watched several other shows before that (I started casually watching anime in June 1998, when CN started showing Sailor Moon), but aside from Rurouni Kenshin, I feel like DC was the first series that I really became obsessed with ^_^; I got through all the aired episodes, and a few of the DVD's after [as] moved it to the 5am slot (grrr...), but then I set it aside for a couple years, mostly just keeping up with the manga, movies, and OVA's.

Within the last year or two, I decided to come back to the series, and catch myself up. I was primarily watching streaming video on another site, but it went down during the time I had decided to take a break and watch something different. That's how I found this site. And to be honest, I'm really glad I did. You guys did a great job, it's very organized, and looks really clean.

Um... I saw in another thread that you guys were talking about writing. I love to read, and I do a little writing myself... mostly fanfiction and I'm an engineer, so I've written some technical papers too. Right now, I'm working on a DC/FMA crossover, which I'm posting at fanfiction.net... it's fun, but it's also really slow going because of all the other projects I work on :)

I guess that's it... I'll cut off the rambling here -_-;

Hi! I'm Kat, and welcome to DCW! :D You're a Rurouni Kenshin, Detective Conan, Fullmetal Alchemist fan--and a fanfiction writer to boot? I think we're gonna get along really well. XD

Hope to see you around!

Hi! I'm Kat, and welcome to DCW! :D You're a Rurouni Kenshin, Detective Conan, Fullmetal Alchemist fan--and a fanfiction writer to boot? I think we're gonna get along really well. XD

Hope to see you around!

oh... there are many more series besides those..... they were just the first ones that popped into my head

I hope we do get along :) I look forward to it ^_^

Hello Sara!

Welcome to DCW! It's great to know you! I really liked your little intro btw. :3

And thank you for the kind words regarding the site! I really appreciate it. ^^

Let me guess, you're a Prince of Tennis fan too right? I mean "Southpaw", that's one of the cool grip in PoT. :D

Or maybe you're a Hajime No Ippo fan also? lol. It works in both.. mm.

And since you also like Rurouni and FMA, just like la vanille, I believe we'll get along very well too! :P

And yes, you're right about the writing part. We'd love for anyone to post anything about DC, from fanfiction to personal thoughts/theories to debates, news and more! And like it's said on the homepage, you can just post it from your Dashboard, and it'll get published on the homepage once approved. I'm actually getting quite curious now about your fan work on the DC/FMA crossover. That's indeed an interesting and quite puzzling idea I must say. =O

I'm curious though, how did you find the site (always good to know :))? And, also out of curiosity, how old are you? and are you going to university? school? If so, what are you majoring in?

I know that's a lot of questions but I promise I won't ask you that many questions like that again (or at least I'll try not to). ^^;

I just find it cool to know more about people coming here. That's all.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here. As you can see the site is still pretty new, but I can already tell you that we have one very awesome little community here. :D

I've watched some Prince of Tennis... but I'm not really a tennis fan to begin with, so I haven't kept up with it. I do like baseball/softball, though, and I am left-handed :)

um... so, yeah, I recently turned 26, so I'm finished with my undergrad. As of this posting, I'm between jobs (but miraculously there appear to be prospects on the horizon). I'm a chemical engineer... I'm interested in developing fuels, but I know in this economy I can't afford to limit myself to one industry. I've been asked whether I plan on doing any post-grad studies, and to be honest I'm not sure... I know I can't get very far on just a bachelor's, but I'm not sure what I'd like to study next.

um... my DC/FMA crossover is called "Hagane no Tantei" (or "Fullmetal Detective"). The first chapter can be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3025383/1/Hagane_no_Tantei

I'm so excited to contribute to this site... I don't really recall how I found it, except that I linked through a few pages after detectiveconan.us went down

are you interested in Magic Kaito stuff too? because I found a really comprehensive site about it: http://www.mischif.net/1412/kid.htm I've seen scanlations elsewhere, but it seems that nobody has a complete set of all three of the main volumes (not sure exactly what the deal is with volume 4...)