Detective Conan World
Moonlight Magician

SCIENCE!

From what I've heard...

'In the near future, 1 out of 3 people will have cancer. '

It's pretty scary,,

People get cancer from anything. And I mean it. ANYTHING,Worlds not safe anymore.

I hope to die before this "Future" comes..

Not that I'm surprised :mellow:

Cool.

Do you have any information about Cancer? :mellow:

Cancer is a far greater threat to me than AIDS..as AIDS can be prevented..

True.

It's pretty scary,,

People get cancer from anything. And I mean it. ANYTHING,Worlds not safe anymore.

That's true.

I hope I'm part of the 2 in 3 people who do not get cancer.

That's true.

I hope I'm part of the 2 in 3 people who do not get cancer.

I hope I die before seeing those I love and care about die with cancer. *Sigh*

it'd be hurting more then having cancer itself.

That is not a very wise thing to say. :mellow: Be careful what you wish for, especially when it involves death.

That "future" may be next year, next month, or even next week; which means that if your "hope" is granted, you cannot live any longer.

Not to mention that the cause of your death may be cancer...

Cool.

Do you have any information about Cancer? :mellow:

Not really. But based on the increasing of the factors that cause cancers (e.g. pollutions, toxic chemicals, unhealthy foods...), I think I can say that I'm not very surprised... :mellow:

That is not a very wise thing to say. :mellow: Be careful what you wish for, especially when it involves death.

That "future" may be next year, next month, or even next week; which means that if your "hope" is granted, you cannot live any longer.

Not to mention that the cause of your death may be cancer...

Not really. But based on the increasing of the factors that cause cancers (e.g. pollutions, toxic chemicals, unhealthy foods...), I think I can say that I'm not very surprised... :mellow:

*Speechless*

right. :V

Many members of my family had cancer. Some died. Some are still living and pretty well. Uh well..

You want different cancer treatment? Well how about reprogramming the immune system?

Know what? That isn't enough! What about a drug that allows the cancer to die? (Basically inducing apoptosis, and if you don't know what that is... you are on the wrong forum)

Hm yes... I like that... The reason why I go after HIV and AIDs is because there is absolutely no cure, and it is far more unknown than cancer. Even if it was radiation or chemotherapy, we have had ways to fight cancer. The cancer research is FAR FAR more advanced than HIV and AIDs research.

You want different cancer treatment? Well how about reprogramming the immune system?

Know what? That isn't enough! What about a drug that allows the cancer to die? (Basically inducing apoptosis, and if you don't know what that is... you are on the wrong forum)

Hm yes... I like that... The reason why I go after HIV and AIDs is because there is absolutely no cure, and it is far more unknown than cancer. Even if it was radiation or chemotherapy, we have had ways to fight cancer. The cancer research is FAR FAR more advanced than HIV and AIDs research.

I know that reprogramming immune system isnt possible..right now,,or maybe never..all i want is a cure which will work atleast 80-100% And no, i dont know much about biology..so its unknown to me....But ofcourse, my wanting cant change the world..i just hope they do find one..

Ill agree that Cancer research IS advanced than AIDS..but only due to the fact that it is preventable..i go for that..

I know that reprogramming immune system isnt possible..right now,,or maybe never..all i want is a cure which will work atleast 80-100% And no, i dont know much about biology..so its unknown to me....But ofcourse, my wanting cant change the world..i just hope they do find one..

Ill agree that Cancer research IS advanced than AIDS..but only due to the fact that it is preventable..i go for that..

Yes it is possible... It is called genetic recombination. They isolate the T-cells, use genetic recombination methods to give it the binding site for the cancer cells, and inject them back into the patient. The cells then proliferate with the new binding site, and thus the immune system is now reprogrammed to attack the cancer cells. Naturally there are dangers while doing this, like significantly lowering the immune system while the process is being done, but it is no worse than the effects of Chemotherapy.

Also, read the articles, both of them are in clinical trials already. So not only are both possible but in the process of being refined and put into practice.

*Speechless*

right. :V

Many member of my family had cancer. Some died. Some are still living and pretty well. Uh well..

Same ^

LOL

I use science for sarcasm and debating with other members on DCW, but this is epic. :P

That is, my friend, true application of science :P

I always like the lighter side of science, especially after having a heavy dose of it >.<

That is, my friend, true application of science :P

I always like the lighter side of science, especially after having a heavy dose of it >.<

Too much science can kill you...or eat your brain.