Detective Conan World
Moonlight Magician

SCIENCE!

Correction: Speed of light^2

Packets of lights..Its time to introduce Max Planck into picture. He was the one who said that light is made of small packets of energy called "Quanta". Each packet has energy equivalent to E=hf..where E is energy, h is planck's constant and f is frequency.

WARNING-- KKLT, dont put too much head into it right now..else you will forget everything@!

Don't worry~ :P

About me forgetting everything~

Its pretty interesting as of now~ :P

So what is E=hf used for? :V

Optics is boring?

Let's see...

I suddenly remembered Wolfgang Pauli's --not really sure of the first name-- exclusion principle or something. It really tortured me before.

Oxidation numbers...

Valence electrons...

Atomic mass...

Half-life...

Halogens...

Alkaline-earth metals...

Don't worry~ :P

About me forgetting everything~

Its pretty interesting as of now~ :P

So what is E=hf used for? :V

Major part of it is used in Photoelectric effect due to transmission of Energy from these quantas to the electrons, which makes the electrons move away from their orbitals causing the flow of current.

Photoelectric effect is the main reason from which many spacecrafts get their power!

So its something like, a packet of energy is thrown at an electron and it will be absorbed and then emitted?

Quite. In simple terms, photon(quanta, but the term photon is used in case of visible light)

gives its kinetic energy to the electron, which makes its excited. An excited electron is thus emitted.

Quite. In simple terms, photon(quanta, but the term photon is used in case of visible light)

gives its kinetic energy to the electron, which makes its excited. An excited electron is thus emitted.

To think that there are different sublevels and that an excited electron is farther away from the nucleus and once it looses its energy, it resumes and orbit closer to the nucleus...

Wait. Is this just according to the orbital model or the electron shell something model?

To think that there are different sublevels and that an excited electron is farther away from the nucleus and once it looses its energy, it resumes and orbit closer to the nucleus...

Wait. Is this just according to the orbital model or the electron shell something model?

Orbital model! Shell model(Bohr's model) is not the correct.

Come to think of it, even orbital model has many unexplained things.

Work function is the minimum energy required to eject a delocalised electron.

And maximum kinetic energy of an ejected electron will then use the function

k = hf - workfunction

right?

So this is the photoelectric effect?

EDITS: What is the orbital model? O__O and what is the shell model?

Orbital model! Shell model(Bohr's model) is not the correct.

Come to think of it, even orbital model has many unexplained things.

No wonder they replaced it with Bohr's model. Well, at least we don't use the plum pudding model anymore. :P

And sorry if I didn't post in your thread. I really don't know much about science, you see.

Work function is the minimum energy required to eject a delocalised electron.

And maximum kinetic energy of an ejected electron will then use the function

k = hf - workfunction

right?

So this is the photoelectric effect?

EDITS: What is the orbital model? O__O and what is the shell model?

Quite right.

EDIT: Forget all the models lol. Unless you got some knowledge about calculus and atomic physics, its quite difficult..

But in short: Shell model--> electrons revolve in shells/orbits like our planetary system.

Orbital models-->electrons revolve randomly in a given volume of space.

And @Nobody!, i dont even know 10% of science! I am just a 1st year student doing chem engg....

Mr:Kyuu there is an exception though.

Quite right.

EDIT: Forget all the models lol. Unless you got some knowledge about calculus and atomic physics, its quite difficult..

But in short: Shell model--> electrons revolve in shells/orbits like our planetary system.

Orbital models-->electrons revolve randomly in a given volume of space.

I do know calculus. :V

And I have actually read up about atomic physics. :P

:o Ohhhhh... Shell model is something like they move around in shells, like 2 8 8 8?

But orbital = random movement?

I don't know anything about calculus.

I don't have any idea about atomic physics.

And I think I will have a nightmare tonight after wreaking racking my brain for answers. :P

I do know calculus. :V

And I have actually read up about atomic physics. :P

:o Ohhhhh... Shell model is something like they move around in shells, like 2 8 8 8?

But orbital = random movement?

Yep. And calculus meaning some difficult ones. But anyways you are right about Shell models. And yes..Orbitals..consider your room. You are singing in your room your favourite song, imaging a concert. That means you are moving randomly in your room! Same with electrons.

I don't know anything about calculus.

I don't have any idea about atomic physics.

And I think I will have a nightmare tonight after wreaking racking my brain for answers. :P

I will come to Phillipines and kill you! Stop lieing! :P

Yep. And calculus meaning some difficult ones. But anyways you are right about Shell models. And yes..Orbitals..consider your room. You are singing in your room your favourite song, imaging a concert. That means you are moving randomly in your room! Same with electrons.

I will come to Phillipines and kill you! Stop lieing! :P

I think I can consider myself pretty okay with calculus. Maybe not the best, but still okay... IMO. :mellow:

Hmmm... Up til now, it sounds pretty simple still...

(Or is it because it is detective Rohit doing a pretty good job of explaining?) :P

*Wonders what grade is Detective Rohit in now?*

You should be a teacher :P

Somehow... Im starting to like this topic <3

I think I can consider myself pretty okay with calculus. Maybe not the best, but still okay... IMO. :mellow:

Hmmm... Up til now, it sounds pretty simple still...

(Or is it because it is detective Rohit doing a pretty good job of explaining?) :P

*Wonders what grade is Detective Rohit in now?*

You should be a teacher :P

Somehow... Im starting to like this topic <3

Even i used to! When they introduced Schrodinger's wavelength and all those things..i wept :P

And i am in Engineering college right now..thats 12th grade +1, studying Chemical Engg.

Umm, actually, Kyuu would explain it better. He can put words better than me..lol

TEACHER?????

*Commits Suicide*

*checks up Schrödinger equation*

OMG. What the **** is that?! O___O

Why do you even learn that?!

You're in Chemical engineering! :blink:

We had it in 12th grade.....You dont want to know how bad Indian Education System is..

EDIT: Schrodinger Wave equation and some of his concepts also come in Orbital theory.

Fact-- Schrodinger formed this equation without any base equations. He simply imagined randoms electrons...then god knows what hit his head and VIOLA! He gave his equation

We had it in 12th grade.....You dont want to know how bad Indian Education System is..

EDIT: Schrodinger Wave equation and some of his concepts also come in Orbital theory.

Fact-- Schrodinger formed this equation without any base equations. He simply imagined randoms electrons...then god knows what hit his head and VIOLA! He gave his equation

Really?! :o

OMG He's a genius...

Im having an inferiority complex now >__<

*goes to corner and buries face in soil*