Detective Conan World
Moonlight Magician

SCIENCE!

:V

http://www.abc.net.au/health/talkinghealth/factbuster/stories/2011/03/29/3176597.htm

Gah... eating lots of sugar doesn't cause diabetes directly.

That's like saying that people won't gain fat if they eat sugar instead of butter.

Ā 

There's still a correlation between sugar intake and the likelihood of developing type 2 diabetes.

I hope you're not implying that drinking four liters of soda won't cause diabetes.

That's like saying that people won't gain fat if they eat sugar instead of butter.

Ā 

There's still a correlation between sugar intake and the likelihood of developing type 2 diabetes.

I hope you're not implying that drinking four liters of soda won't cause diabetes.

Haha, honestly, I was just really curious if eating lots of sugar really causes diabetes directly as many says, that's why I looked it up.

Nah, no, I never meant it that way.

Haha, honestly, I was just really curious if eating lots of sugar really causes diabetes directly as many says, that's why I looked it up.

Nah, no, I never meant it that way.

Even if it is a "myth," it still has some truth to it.

Feel free to eat four tablespoons of sugar everyday if you don't believe me, haha.

Even if it is a "myth," it still has some truth to it.

Feel free to eat four tablespoons of sugar everyday if you don't believe me, haha.

I'll never try that of course even if they say it's a myth. It's better to play safe about it than to regret later.

so uh... how 'bout that supermassive black hole they found recently?

I can't even comprehend the size of that thing is let alone how bright it is

Heh. I found this on the news. Didn't look at it.

Black holes, as far as I know, do not produce visible lights...? They probably come off really bright though, the supermassive black holes I mean, with X-ray telescopes.

Heh. I found this on the news. Didn't look at it.

Black holes, as far as I know, do not produce visible lights...? They probably come off really bright though, the supermassive black holes I mean, with X-ray telescopes.

Ā 

It's at the center of a really bright quaser so the brightness of that thing is what I'm referring too. I think you're right about them not producing their own light though.Ā 

It's at the center of a really bright quaser so the brightness of that thing is what I'm referring too. I think you're right about them not producing their own light though.Ā 

Oh. I thought it was about the black hole :P

Yeah. As far as I know. I dunno tho. I might be wrong.

Oh. I thought it was about the black hole :P

Yeah. As far as I know. I dunno tho. I might be wrong.

Ā 

*shrugs* I don't know for sure either owo;

Ā 

edit: 900th postĀ tumblr_m42rgwP5AW1r58lid.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACUuFg9Y9dY

Ā 

Also, I was finally able to interview a professor of astrophysics last week. The whole interview took more than an hour and a half, and I think we were both equally thrilled to do this. I mean, this guy can talk. He also had a lot of experience in the field, and listening to him talk about a project he's currently working on (the New Horizons project) was amazing beyond words.

Ā 

One of the many things he mentioned was how the Mobius strip might be a good analogy to describe what the "boundary" of the universe is. The Mobius strip, Klein bottle, and Euclidean space are honestly really mind-boggling for someone like me, seeing it for the first time xD

Ā 

250px-Klein_bottle.svg.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACUuFg9Y9dY

Ā 

Also, I was finally able to interview a professor of astrophysics last week. The whole interview took more than an hour and a half, and I think we were both equally thrilled to do this. I mean, this guy can talk. He also had a lot of experience in the field, and listening to him talk about a project he's currently working on (the New Horizons project) was amazing beyond words.

Ā 

One of the many things he mentioned was how the Mobius strip might be a good analogy to describe what the "boundary" of the universe is. The Mobius strip, Klein bottle, and Euclidean space are honestly really mind-boggling for someone like me, seeing it for the first time xD

Ā 

OMG. You. So lucky. So lucky. So lucky.

OMG. You. So lucky. So lucky. So lucky.

I know right? XD Do you remember like 5 months ago when I asked you about whether I should pick genetics or astrophysics for this project I had to do? Maybe? Maybe not?

I know right? XD Do you remember like 5 months ago when I asked you about whether I should pick genetics or astrophysics for this project I had to do? Maybe? Maybe not?

Haha, I still remember :P

Maybe what? Go pick what you want. xD

Haha, I still remember :P

Maybe what? Go pick what you want. xD

Yeah, it's that project I'm currently doing. I hated the first few portions, but this interview part is just plain awesome. I don't get how people can hate science 8D

Do you know what career clusters are? We're required to find our career cluster based on our interests, and make a career goal from there. I'm placed in the STEM cluster by their survey (which, other than STEM, is completely inaccurate in understanding what I want). Go try it :D

Yeah, it's that project I'm currently doing. I hated the first few portions, but this interview part is just plain awesome. I don't get how people can hate science 8D

Do you know what career clusters are? We're required to find our career cluster based on our interests, and make a career goal from there. I'm placed in the STEM cluster by their survey (which, other than STEM, is completely inaccurate in understanding what I want). Go try it :D

Goodluckie :D

You should have recorded the interview :P And uploaded it in youtube and linked it in here xD

Nope. :P Sounds cool.

STEM cluster?

Anyways, I'll try. :D

Goodluckie :D

You should have recorded the interview :P And uploaded it in youtube and linked it in here xD

Nope. :P Sounds cool.

STEM cluster?

Anyways, I'll try. :D

It's in MP3 format, so I would... Except we referred to some local events and I wouldn't want that going around the Internet :P

STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Tell me your results!

It's in MP3 format, so I would... Except we referred to some local events and I wouldn't want that going around the Internet :P

STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Tell me your results!

Wait. I haven't took it yet :3

But I remember back in my high school years, I took a kind of like that test... I forgot the result tho :P

Ā 

EDIT: Gah... I got Human Services? :V I swear to God that I'm not that much interested in that field so let's just put that away haha. xD Welp without that thingy, IT tops the list. STEM follows a close second.

Edited by MK.

Ā 

Ā 

(put in spoilers to save space)

Ā 

The mobius strip was one of my favorite concepts that was taught back in middle school. As for the interview you had, I'd love to read more about it if you don't mind sharing.

Ā 

Also, that Klein bottle reminds me of that one conversation our physics teacher had with the class (seemingly unrelated to the current subject at hand though). Three dimensional creatures cannot comprehend the fourth dimension. Similar to how two dimensional creatures would not be able to comprehend the third dimension. It's impossible. But once you think about certain paradoxes--the Klein bottle, for example--it makes you question ideas like this, doesn't it, haha,