Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw

Former Kogoro Voice Actor Akira Kamiya Hospitalized

According to this Anime News Network article I was reading earlier, the former voice actor of Mouri Kogoro, Akira Kamiya, has been hospitalized after an MRI examination showed "a small lesion". As the term is slightly uncommon, I looked up the word on an online dictionary website and pulled up the following definition for anyone who is curious: "Lesion - Any localized, abnormal structural change in the body." While this is about as detailed a report as you'll get on what exactly was found in the examination, it has been announced that Kamiya will need several week's worth of hospitalization for treatment. As such, all his current work has been postponed until further notice.

Although it doesn't sound life threatening, keep him in your prayers everyone!

• Upvote 4

Well, Kogoro is supposed to be 37 and at the end you could really notice that Kamiya was ageing (since he was over 60 when he left). Sort of like how you notice that Fujiko is voiced by a 70+ year old woman or that Ran is voiced by a lady who's almost 50 years old. In that regard Takayama is really amazing because she manages to voice Conan when he acts as a kid or seriously without sounding like a middle aged lady.

That's true. Just like this. Even his face is funny. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipln-ro54-w

That was a hilarious moment indeed. ^_^ I remember watching that chapter and willing to hear him say something like that (and he did in the end, even with that proud and insane laugh he has :lol: ) I just can't help smiling or laughing at him when he does those things. Oh my.. that just now made me remember old Kogoro. I hope he gets well soon, Kogoro isn't really the same without him..

That was a hilarious moment indeed. ^_^ I remember watching that chapter and willing to hear him say something like that (and he did in the end, even with that proud and insane laugh he has :lol: ) I just can't help smiling or laughing at him when he does those things. Oh my.. that just now made me remember old Kogoro. I hope he gets well soon, Kogoro isn't really the same without him..

Indeed. I find his old voice more Funnier than the new one.

According to this Anime News Network article I was reading earlier, the former voice actor of Mouri Kogoro, Akira Kamiya, has been hospitalized after an MRI examination showed "a small lesion". As the term is slightly uncommon, I looked up the word on an online dictionary website and pulled up the following definition for anyone who is curious: "Lesion - Any localized, abnormal structural change in the body." While this is about as detailed a report as you'll get on what exactly was found in the examination, it has been announced that Kamiya will need several week's worth of hospitalization for treatment. As such, all his current work has been postponed until further notice.

Although it doesn't sound life threatening, keep him in your prayers everyone!

Oh, sweet Kami-sama!

I'm pretty sure he's alive and I'm pretty sure responding a two+ year old topic and not really providing anything to the conversation is probably not a good idea. I am locking this.