Detective Conan World
Kyuu Nye

Music Awareness Thread

You can't go wrong with SOUND HOLIC. To be honest, I think SOUND HOLIC is either a collection of groups, or SOUND HOLIC is the group that puts together a bunch of works with other groups. But you can't go wrong with them.

Well, there's Toto, but that's an American band. I don't think it's very well-known anymore, though I'm not sure. At least, I haven't met anyone who knows them, other than my family. My father has been a huge fan of them since the beginning of the '80s, or the end of the '70s, and so, I've grown up with them all my life. I've been to one concert with them before, that was last year (or was it the year before?), and it was awesome.

Here's a video of my favourite song by them, also one of their most popular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcVEOc7ZYgk

Hope you like it.

Toto is a rock band (as you've probably figured out already, if you listened to the song above), and I'm a huge fan of them, like my father.

Toto was formed in the year of 1976.

Also, I apologize if the band is too popular. I've really got no clue how popular it is nowadays.

well for me the band, The Script, is pretty cool. They are from ireland.. i think they are known for their song The Man Who Cant Be Moved(Im not moving..) and Breakeven(falling to pieces). But their other songs are not well known and they are a new band i think(2008).I believe they will be popular worldwide soon since their songs are really meaningful like the song, The End Where I begin. I love this band so much lol! Although im not broken hearted or anything, since most of their songs are about broken relationships, I still listen to them. Their lead singer, Danniel O'Donoghue has a unique voice and pretty much they are original when it comes to songs.

here is one of their popular song:

The man who cant be moved.

and heres one of their cool songs.. they are pretty meaningful and for science lover out there:

Science & Faith:

I hope you like their songs :D

Ā 

Sounds strange and cool ^^ I kinda love it

well for me the band, The Script, is pretty cool. They are from ireland.. i think they are known for their song The Man Who Cant Be Moved(Im not moving..) and Breakeven(falling to pieces). But their other songs are not well known and they are a new band i think(2008).I believe they will be popular worldwide soon since their songs are really meaningful like the song, The End Where I begin. I love this band so much lol! Although im not broken hearted or anything, since most of their songs are about broken relationships, I still listen to them. Their lead singer, Danniel O'Donoghue has a unique voice and pretty much they are original when it comes to songs.

THEY ARE SUPER FAMOUS NOW!!! And I love their songs ^^

Ā 

As I'm obsessed with electro music now, if you're interested, try "Overwerk". I love his works, especially this song ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnIKLRA31nw

Ā 

I'll be the next one to revive it... ^^

I guess it's not that unknown, but maybe someone will listen to it for the first time.

Ā 

The Green Fields of France by The Fureys and Davey Arthur

Ā 

One of my most favourite anti-war songs, presented in a - in my opinion - really touching fashion. I really like the message of especially the later parts.

Ā 

But here in this graveyard it's still no man's land
The countless white crosses stand mute in the sand
To man's blind indifference to his fellow men
To a whole generation that were butchered and damned

Ā 

Oh damn, I really like the ambiance of this song. Ā I've actually never heard it before, but it gives me the same feels as songs like "Try to Remember", kind of.

Ā 

Found this mysterious Japanese singer that goes only by "Rurutia". Ā I've been absolutely obsessed with her songs, especially these two:

RURUTIA ā€“ Behind the blue

RURUTIA ā€“ Reireitenohira

^Linked from Spotify so you're going to need to make a free account if you don't already have one, but listen and help support!

As I'm obsessed with electro music now, if you're interested, try "Overwerk". I love his works, especially this song ^^

I have this version in my playlist. Nice to see someone with a similar taste.

Ā 

Ā 

This post is mainly going to contain a very wide range of OSTs (plus a few others). You have been warned, haha.

If you plan to go through this list, please wear headphones. They seriously make a world of difference.

Ā 

This list contains music that ranges from upbeat 8-bit to orchestral stuffs so hopefully there's something here for everyone.

I would have added a lot of classical stuff to here as well, but most of them are fairly well-known.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

...and a whole bunch more I've probably forgotten

...which means I'll be updating this list periodically!

Ā 

If you couldn't tell already, I absolutely love listening to instrumentals.

Ā 

I don't know how or why I didn't stumble across this thread earlier.

• Upvote 1

I have this version in my playlist. Nice to see someone with a similar taste.

I have the original one, this one and the piano version! And I have some more songs of him - Overwerk! My god, I love his "old" music <3

Nice indeed!!! Cannot believe I found someone who also know about this awesome song :D

Sounds strange and cool ^^ I kinda love it

THEY ARE SUPER FAMOUS NOW!!! And I love their songs ^^

Yeah... somewhat... But music critics pretty much hate them for some reasons :/

I'm also wondering why they have never won an award.

Hehe, they're also the only band that I'm still following for years now. And, I'm very happy that they somewhat reach phenomal heights and yet, they are still so humble :D

Anyways, some random facts about them... Kris Allen's single Live Like We're Dying was originally their song... It was pretty much just a Bonus Song off their first album. They were also once challenged by 'The Guardian Newspaper' to make a song in one day and in all fairness, they made a pretty great song. Here's the article: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/mar/14/popandrock3 and the song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDZx_BmXljk

I know Steam Powered Giraffe's not super unpopular as I always run into fellow fans on other forums but they haven't been mentioned here yet so.. SPG's a steampunk band though and the members all perform as robots with face-paint and elaborate costumes.Ā 

Ā 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLNgD5vsZsM

Ā 

Ā 

Mika's another one. He's not unpopular, due to how he's on a few music shows in Italy I'm assuming he's quite popular in Europe; in the US though he's not well known though. (He was in a song with Ariana Grande about a year and half ago but she got most of the lines. I bring this up because I heard that song on the radio once other here but that was it) He has songs in both English and French.Ā 

Ā 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIBXTHB0QDw

• Upvote 1

I know Steam Powered Giraffe's not super unpopular as I always run into fellow fans on other forums but they haven't been mentioned here yet so.. SPG's a steampunk band though and the members all perform as robots with face-paint and elaborate costumes.Ā 

Ā 

Mika's another one. He's not unpopular, due to how he's on a few music shows in Italy I'm assuming he's quite popular in Europe; in the US though he's not well known though. (He was in a song with Ariana Grande about a year and half ago but she got most of the lines. I bring this up because I heard that song on the radio once other here but that was it) He has songs in both English and French.Ā 

Ā 

Keep supplying us with great music, 'kay? ;)

Ā 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLNgD5vsZsM

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIBXTHB0QDw

I know Mika and have like about 3 songs of him :) I know Ariana through him before she is famous like now as well ^^

And my favorite song of him is Grace Kelly :D

I know Mika and have like about 3 songs of him :) I know Ariana through him before she is famous like now as well ^^

And my favorite song of him is Grace Kelly :D

Ā 

Ah I see :D I think my favorite song of his is We Are Young though I also really like Stardust and Tah Dah c:

Listen to this beautiful man sing. Sure, I'm not too big on the wording of the lyrics myself but God that delivery! (He actually breaks down in a live version).

Ā 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrptX9b51LM