Detective Conan World
Antiyonder

Fanfic recommendation thread. (Possible spoilers for said story/stories)

I love this fic, it got me laugh too much. It's an excellent read.

Conversation Among Ghosts by Ysabet

It's funny story and you can't get it down.

i read that one. my fav part...the tattoo XD

i also recomend influence-lostinthedreams (another idea by me)

it's one i really like because heiji really interests me

i REALLY recomend Manipulation- lostinthemystery ( this is dreams and another writer teaming up)) i have to warn you this fic is BRUTAL but an awsome kidnapping case that combines both DC and MK

(manipulation's link) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7721045/1/Manipulation

Aw, thanks~!! :D

ANYTHING BY AMA-CHAN, AYA-CHAN, SAKI-CHAN, CAM-CHAN, MOHO, KAWANO, SONOCI, AND QUITE A FEW OTHER PEOPLE... :P

I second this naturally also Mangaluva and Chelsea <3

I've got some of my own fanfiction. (Yes, it's stupid to promote my own fanfics, yet I need all the reads and reviews I can get!)

Here are some of my more popular ones, as well as one I recommend:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8264120/1/Doppelganger - Doppelganger. Kaito catches a cold, and he has to use a doppelganger - Shinichi - to carry out his next heist.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8111716/1/Legacy - Legacy. According to Toichi's 'will', he's still alive, and in hiding!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8151913/1/bField_b_bGuide_b_to_bDetective_b_bConan_b - Field Guide. A quirky mix of humour and DC descriptions (so far...may be MK characters in future.)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8284216/1/Prophecy - Prophecy. Shinichi, Ran and Heiji have been kidnapped! Who's their captor?

14/7- My newest fic. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8317645/1/Secrets_and_Dreams

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7844842/1/Of_Fire_And_Water - Of Fire and Water by Nechangi.(KaiShin) A heist brings Kaito and Conan together, and with a little humour and detective stalking, Kaito finds out the truth behind the shrunken detective...

For crossovers:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7947232/1/The_Skys_The_Limit - The Sky's the Limit. Maximum Ride x DC. Ai's hiding something, and it will change Conan's life forever...

14/7- The reason I listed these: The general public seems to say that these are the most well typed of the 31 (as of today) fanfics I've published. Each of them are very original too.

I see. :)

by the way anyone is interested in crossover? There's one is really interesting as it involve House, it's rare gem I found in fan fiction.

House x Detective Conan

This is climatic story, worth reading, not a spoiler, it's type of story you expecting to read.

Casework

• Upvote 1

"Only This" by Shimegami-chan

My absolute favorite Detective Conan fic, has been for quite awhile. It is intensely detailed, and so emotional. She has a way of getting deep down into the characters, describing everything in such a way that you vividly imagine what is transpiring in front of you. This fic has brought me numerous tears, and I feel would be an intensely plausible end to Detective Conan. Not to mention, a fic where Heiji is written really well is always a plus. He's not an easy character to portray.

"Peter Pan in Reverse" by DireSphinx

I've read just about every fic by DireSphinx, and was not disappointed by a single one. This is my favorite of their fics, not only because it's a Mitsuhiko/Ai fic, but because it is a really good twist into a very dark theme for the two characters. Haibara was expressed so well that even though this fic is extremely dark, and Mitsuhiko goes through quite a few emotional depressing changes, I would actually like to see this happen in the series. The only qualm I have is that it was written before Mitsuhiko's sister was introduced, so the age in the story is wrong. But other than that, such a good fic to read.

I really like "Relative Truth" by Becky Tailweaver. Though it was never completed...

Little one-shots like "Date" by Victoria Hughes and "Conan's Morning Coffee" by FoxyTeah make me laugh. They're just little silly-fics but they're funny and cute.

But I think my absolute favorite is 30 Friends: Shinichi and Heiji by Candyland. It explores the depth of Shinichi and Heiji's friendship in a way not many other fics have. Candyland is a pretty amazing author, so you should check them out:)

I see. smile.gif

by the way anyone is interested in crossover? There's one is really interesting as it involve House, it's rare gem I found in fan fiction.

House x Detective Conan

This is climatic story, worth reading, not a spoiler, it's type of story you expecting to read.

Casework

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes :)

I recently read Joker and Queen by kaitothegreat and I really liked it. This story is mainly MK but its still DCMK. I really like this one because Aoko finally decides to do something about Kaito KID, and starts helping her father track him down. I think its good because it shows the struggles Aoko lives when her father, her only family left, is constantly away because of KID. Aoko finally stepping up with catching KID without being out of character. Kaito's relucance to get Conan's help. Has a real reaction at the discovery of KID's identity among other things.

So, right now I have an unhealthy obsession with Hattori Heiji. discordiansamba on AO3 (think they're on fanfic as well) has a good selection of fic about the Osakan detective that's only augmented my favor. I haven't read through all of their fic, but I'll gladly rec what I have. discordiansamba (if you're on here) if you want me to take this down for any reason I will (I like your fic a lot U^U)

(if anyone thinks any of what I've written needs to be put under spoilers, please tell me!)

Okay, first up. Blood and Snow.  Basically, it's canon divergent (some time around 2012 I think). Heiji, who is, of course, a skeptic, is forced to face the facts that there are things in the world that can't really be explained away. In other words, vampires. This fic is so good you guys. I was leery to start this--mostly bc I don't really like vampire stories all that much. But it's written so well. It's completed, with 20 chapters and an ongoing sequel, Bloodsport. Both stories have blended casefic into supernatural-esque fic so good!

Speaking of fic that does casefic/supernatural blending perfectly

(Don't) Believe What You Know does it so well. It diverges after the Nue arc. Basically, it's Conan who has to let go of his skeptical views for Heiji's sake. Because Heiji is constantly knee-deep in supernatural cases for a very good reason. Honestly, watching Cone investigate Heiji is so great and I just love this story so much and you should go read it this instant. It's up to date and ongoing. 

I'm in the middle of reading Twist of Fate , which basically takes the premise of Detective Conan, and switches Conan with Heiji. So far, it's pretty great. I'm not caught up on all the chapters, but I'm liking it. It's up to date and ongoing as well. 

All of the above fic have canon pairings. 

And I'm reccing one last fic from this author (although honestly, there's more that look good that you should check out as well--I just haven't got there yet). By the Moon's Light is a fantasy AU. It's not Heiji-centric like the other ones I recced--more of an ensemble piece, but this author is so freaking good so go read this anyway. I'm just going to post the summary, because a) it's only 5 chapters in so I don't know where the story's completely going yet, and b ) I wouldn't be able to do it justice-- When her kingdom's royal treasure is whisked away by a mysterious thief in white, Princess Suzuki Sonoko sets out to reclaim it- and maybe capture the handsome thief's heart while she's at it. What starts out as a simple quest driven by a maiden's heart soon involves countless people, dangerous curses, ancient witches, and a long hidden truth waiting to be revealed. It's mostly canon pairings, with the exception being Sonoko/Sera (which is such a good--and too rare--pairing that I don't even care :3). 

Honestly, the people in this fandom are so creative and smart:))

• Like 1

On 11/28/2016 at 2:23 PM, ItsaShowTime said:

So, right now I have an unhealthy obsession with Hattori Heiji. discordiansamba on AO3 (think they're on fanfic as well) has a good selection of fic about the Osakan detective that's only augmented my favor. I haven't read through all of their fic, but I'll gladly rec what I have. discordiansamba (if you're on here) if you want me to take this down for any reason I will (I like your fic a lot U^U)

(if anyone thinks any of what I've written needs to be put under spoilers, please tell me!)

Okay, first up. Blood and Snow.  Basically, it's canon divergent (some time around 2012 I think). Heiji, who is, of course, a skeptic, is forced to face the facts that there are things in the world that can't really be explained away. In other words, vampires. This fic is so good you guys. I was leery to start this--mostly bc I don't really like vampire stories all that much. But it's written so well. It's completed, with 20 chapters and an ongoing sequel, Bloodsport. Both stories have blended casefic into supernatural-esque fic so good!

Speaking of fic that does casefic/supernatural blending perfectly

(Don't) Believe What You Know does it so well. It diverges after the Nue arc. Basically, it's Conan who has to let go of his skeptical views for Heiji's sake. Because Heiji is constantly knee-deep in supernatural cases for a very good reason. Honestly, watching Cone investigate Heiji is so great and I just love this story so much and you should go read it this instant. It's up to date and ongoing. 

I'm in the middle of reading Twist of Fate , which basically takes the premise of Detective Conan, and switches Conan with Heiji. So far, it's pretty great. I'm not caught up on all the chapters, but I'm liking it. It's up to date and ongoing as well. 

All of the above fic have canon pairings. 

And I'm reccing one last fic from this author (although honestly, there's more that look good that you should check out as well--I just haven't got there yet). By the Moon's Light is a fantasy AU. It's not Heiji-centric like the other ones I recced--more of an ensemble piece, but this author is so freaking good so go read this anyway. I'm just going to post the summary, because a) it's only 5 chapters in so I don't know where the story's completely going yet, and b ) I wouldn't be able to do it justice-- When her kingdom's royal treasure is whisked away by a mysterious thief in white, Princess Suzuki Sonoko sets out to reclaim it- and maybe capture the handsome thief's heart while she's at it. What starts out as a simple quest driven by a maiden's heart soon involves countless people, dangerous curses, ancient witches, and a long hidden truth waiting to be revealed. It's mostly canon pairings, with the exception being Sonoko/Sera (which is such a good--and too rare--pairing that I don't even care :3). 

Honestly, the people in this fandom are so creative and smart:))

Quite often while reading books, I make notes which then help me to better master the material, as well as help to write quality research on a book. On the site https://edubirdie.com/citation/cse/ I recently found CSE Citation Generator which helps me to design citations correctly in my works.

Thank you so much for these recommendations, it's very helpful for me.