Detective Conan World
fakeplastictantei

Which movie should be canon?

1) I don't think so.For me the characters appear to be the same.

There are some different details,like in Movie 12 they say that Conan has perfect pitch and they don't do that in the manga but even that might be possible:

In the episode 385 Conan has an argument with Ran about the notes of Anokata's number.

In the episode 387 we can see that Conan was right although Ran is more musical (singing,playing piano).

Haga tells Conan that he got "good ears".It's not that easy to define the notes even if you're not musical.

So there's a good chance that Conan really has perfect pitch.

For me the movies/OVAs/fillers are well-made and they don't disturb the manga/regular episodes.

Of course,it's difficult to convert a manga to an anime.But comparing to other animes it's really close to the manga which I really like.

Sometimes filler appear to play in another month or something like that but the time line in Detective Conan is anyway really complicated.

2)Volume 48,Chapter 11 - Shinichi's birthday is mentioned.

3)Surely,Gosho does not make the entire movie but he has a big influence on it.

It seems like he is "overseeing" the whole production.

In 2011 in an interview he said that he is proud of movie 5 and he spoke about suggestions he made

for movie 15,drawing Shinichi's face for a scene and giving Conan a phrase from the manga that he liked.

So you see he is involved in the process.

Besides I don't think that they can make Ran blonde, Akemi alive or change detective agency just because they want it.

But how you write it seems like the movies would be totally apart in a different world but for me it's not the case.

I know that movies are in way separate ,plus I always wrote "For me" or "IMO" they are an extension to the canon.

i agree with you i count all the movies and ovas canon cause i like them , and it doesn't harm "the characters image" for me, not really , it's just my opinion. i mean ran didn't confess because she thought kaito kid was the one listening to her , conan didn't either since ran thinks he was quoting kogoro, gin didn't actually kill sonoko he realised she was different etc.. , as for the scenes when conan appears to be too perfect and unhuman ,that already happen in the anime and manga he always saves the day , so ? 

My perspective is simply that there are multiple different canons.

There is the Manga Canon, with is Master or Prime Canon.

There is the Anime Canon, which takes the Manga Canon as modified by the Anime adaptations plus the anime only episodes.

There is the Extended Anime Canon, which includes OVA and Movies.

There is the TV Drama Canon, which has the live action episodes, some of which contradict with the manga/anime.

Then there is the "Head Canon" of the individual fans, which allows them to pick and choose from all of the above.

In my mind, anything in the manga trumps anything else that directly contradicts it.  But personally, I tend to be willing to accept most of the Extended Anime Canon, with a few exceptions.  One of those being the whole notion of the Black Org flying around in attack helicopters.  Not going to happen.  Another is the idea of Conan being able to sing on pitch so well and so loudly as to phone phreak a pay phone that must have been hundreds of feet, maybe even hundreds of yards, away.  Sorry, but the manga and direct anime adaptations thereof have made it pretty clear that Kudo/Conan can't even sing a scale.

Chapter 11 you say? How is that possible? All volumes have 10 files in them. ALL OF THEM. So please link to the image of the scan that states Shinichi's birthday.

And the character dynamics are screwed up. Believe me, they don't act as they would, and Conan especially is made far too perfect.

EDIT: Apparently his birthday was stated in Detective Conan Drill. NEVER in the manga.

Edit #2: Yes he makes suggestions, but that does not mean they use those suggestions. Gosho has a lot of pull, but he has nothing to do with the writing. That is why Kid knows who Conan is, why Shinichi learned everything in Hawaii, why half the plots don't make any sense, and why they jump the gun on EVERYTHING. Not to mention the atrocious physics.

Mod message: -link to manga aggregate site removed -

Also this convo is over 2 years old, please don't necro a thread unless you have a fresh point to make.

^-_-"

Canon - the events considered real and true in a fictional world.

For example, in Detective Conan, Shinichi shrinking in Tropical Land would be canon.

Examples of non-canon works are fanfiction.

Please do try to research it befpre asking. It is on the Internet

I would not consider movies canon because they contrast with the Manga Canon, which is the Master Canon, like AndrewA said. Conan in movies is like: "SCREW PHYSICS!", which really doesn't fit with his character in the manga who always uses it in deductions imo.

^-_-"

Canon - the events considered real and true in a fictional world.

For example, in Detective Conan, Shinichi shrinking in Tropical Land would be canon.

Examples of non-canon works are fanfiction.

Please do try to research it befpre asking. It is on the Internet

I would not consider movies canon because they contrast with the Manga Canon, which is the Master Canon, like AndrewA said. Conan in movies is like: "SCREW PHYSICS!", which really doesn't fit with his character in the manga who always uses it in deductions imo.

Now i know. It's better to ask from you than from the internet!  :D Anyway, THANK YOU  :)

Maybe 13 at least... And possibly 5 too. I should rewatch the movies to state more accurate opinion. But 13 definitely. It has true potential unlike some others.